Freedom thanks to Classic

That would create conundrum. As in example, change of Orgrimmar.

If we’d have an opportunity to revisit old Orgrimmar by said method - the other (new one / Cata updated orgri) would be emptier with a divide between old and new Orgrimmar as it would obviously would be sharding or whatever , and that cuts the visual representation of massiveness of the horde in the capital. Just imagine coming to your day to day (post Cata Orgrimmar ) and seeing like only 10 people, while the other 20 are in pre Cata Orgrimmar

It’s still a bit jarring, going to Outland to fight … Illidan, I think? Or Kael’thas? Or go to Northrend, fighting Arthas. That’s some timetravelling, there. Even Pandaria is going a bit back in time.

And even some of the Old World Cata zones (so, not the zones changed by him) are still referencing Deathwing having only just risen again, Garrosh is there for some of the Horde quests, I think they’re still repairing some of the things destroyed then (the dam in Loch Modan, for instance). It would be nice for a bit of an update, again.

But to be fair, it’s only about 10 years since Cata, not 15 :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not “destroying the game” to update the zones to reflect changes in the story, to not go 10-14 years back in time once we hit 60, to not spend the first 60 levels in world that hasn’t changed for 10 years.

Having the Forsaken and Night Elf starting areas reflect what’s happened in the BfA pre-patch would be an improvement, I believe.

If they would make it an option to visit old Orgrimmar they could just have it without the ability to use the AH or bank since those would be from the past and not in our timeline so it would make sense they wouldn’t be working :wink:

1 Like

Don’t know what you’re talking about, I don’t give a single flying F about classic, don’t even have a character there. It only interests me as a “backup” as I have explained in the first post

Yet another reason for the people not to care about it that much I suppose ?

Sadly WoW world isnt any of said things. Its not dynamic, its not static either. Its mashup of both which makes it very chaotic.

They don’t have to limit themselves by only implementing things people “care” about.

I bet there’s plenty of people who’d make use of the option to just go back and visit how things used to be if they could even if it doesn’t serve any purpose beyond just visiting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.