Frequent disconnects on thrash/bosses with adds in NtWC

Hey folks,

Don’t know if many of you are experiencing this issue but my game started freezing on some of the thrash packs in Ny’alotha raid and some encounters that multiple adds spawn and need to be killed fast. It would not be that big of a deal if game would be back in normal state in couple of seconds but the only thing that seems to unfreeze the game is, well, alt+f4.

I’m not the only one that seem to have this issue - at least 3 or 4 guild mates are disconnecting the same time as I am. I’m running lowest setting in raid encounters to avoid lag and stuff, but nothing seem to help. Back in 8.2.5 I did not have such issues, maybe on Azshara when adds spawn, but game would freeze for like 2-5secs and that would be it.

And when it comes to addons and weak auras ; I recently deleted all WA and addons and installed the one that are really needed - DBM, ElvUI, WA2 and so on. I highly doubt it that this is core of the issue.

I honestly don’t know if it’s my PC getting old, 16GB RAM, GTX 1050, i7700HQ 2.8GHz ( CPU could be better but my game should not just crash cos of couple adds ) or if these freezes are caused by patch being not optimised well enough.

Let me know if you have similar issues inside NtWC and I’m looking forward to any tips, advices and so on and so forth.

1 Like

I have the same problem, can not find the cause either.