Fresh PvE servers inc?

I have a feeling there will be way more demand for PvE servers this time around.

After the total disaster that was phase 2 in classic and Blizzard not lifting a finger on faction balance issues I think many players are fed up with classic world PvP, myself included.

I’ve seen a couple people here claim that their entire guild will reroll PvE this time so if it indeed turns out to be a trend, how will everyone fit on our 3 flimsy EU servers?
IMO if enough players do the switch there’s a high chance we might see fresh PvE servers.

I doubt it would happen at pre patch because Blizzard has no foresight but maybe at release or a couple weeks after.

2 Likes

Adding PvE servers with this skewed pop/faction balance will be a disaster.

We need faction change so people will reroll all Horde or Ally depending on the server and gg

You want faction change so faction balance can be even worse?
I don’t get your logic.

I don’t see why. Please explain.

Fresh PvE server(s) will probably happen, imo. Question is will that at launch or few days later.

ofc not, i remember what it does with balance of servers.
PVE servers are not dependent on server balance much, its best solution probably.

Who give a flying duck about PvE servers?

Faction Change is a must for PvP Server to fix the balance, servers where the pop ratio is 70 to 30 or worse need to became 100:0 and in case is 60:40 to at least become 55:45

Faction balance had to be force during P1 now is too late, server transfer will not fix it.

There will be and could not have been any faction balance where more players plays Horde than Alliance. And most PvP realms can quickly become monofaction realms when all of TBC will be like P2.

Which is the only way to fix, let servers become mono-faction and call it a day.

Agree there is a chance.

Give a free one way faction change from the higher population to the lower, but this would be difficult on a PvP realm without an “Every Character” type button.

It would have to be monitored because if too many people moved the other side would become dominant.

People who are smart enough to realise PvP servers are a joke?

2 Likes

Ye sure 20+ PvP servers vs 7 PvE server on EU, which are basically all Ally, yeah the smart people.

PvP servers are nothing more than glorified griefing.

1 Like

Ah yes, the hunt for balanced pvp servers. It started back in 2004 and is still going. Good times.

1 Like

I really hope so because for me it’s the only way I get to play TBC.
I won’t play The Boosting Crusade but if they add fresh servers I will play 'cause there won’t be boosts for at least a couple months I would think.

“Fresh” in this case will likely just means free transfers (and paid boosts, too), if the current servers get too crouded. Blizz will only use them as a relief for the existing servers, at least for now.

1 Like

I get the feeling that they will only open new PvE servers if they see the current ones with hour long queues a month after launch.

Let’s see how bad launch and Phase 1 get, they might act then.

If they get that situation they’ll add quicker - much like the classic launch.
Someone at Blizzard will say “but we don’t want more Judgement servers” (or whichever has the lowest pop) - but you only get to make a first impression once. If hundreds of thousands try to access Classic, can’t, and promptly go “screw it, cancel sub” then the whole thing’s wrecked.

Its unfortunately less likely we’ll get the “fresh server, no boost, no transfers” though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.