Fresh TBC servers : We are NOT asking for too much

Seriously, I’m sure a lot of people would know how screwed up the economy is in Vanilla and want to start up on a fresh server with no transfers or boosts (at least for the first few months), to be on par with other players.

edit : don’t let this topic die, keep bumping it to show how important it is for blizzard, thx.

389 Likes

And merge the dead servers, if they split in more-than-half, it will be even worse.

17 Likes

i smell a paladin/shaman reroller :rofl:

9 Likes

Good thing you made this post… We need some more on the same topic

17 Likes

Nope, just someone that didn’t care about vanilla.

ps : why is a shaman / paladin reroller a problem ?

11 Likes

i just figured you had a selfish reason for wanting everyone else to start over on your level, seeing as you didn’t play classic and therefore, to quote Illidan; “Are not prepared”.

let me ask you this: why is it a problem for you to start over on a server where most people got 60’s ready to go to Outland?
i know the real answer, but i want you to give it a shot.
the fact the economy is screwed up is something we all have to deal with, but its also a fact that you will suffer more than most for starting out at rock bottom in a screwed up economy.

Even if you got your wish granted, i gaurantee you the economy would crash and burn within 2-3 months of release because blizzard doesn’t ban the bots quick enough, and they are the ones who are inflating the economy to the point where a flask costs 300g+

8 Likes

Not an arguement, asking for some fresh servers is not wanting everyone else to start over on your level, it only provides a chance for like minded people to do this.

So, I’m someone who multi-boxed a lot prior to the whole changes to terms of service. I have enough gold to get some things that are gold sinks in Mists of Pandaria already and I’m interested in some fresh TBC realms. So clearly you need to rethink the ‘real answer’.

27 Likes

merely pretending

Is that all you have to say as an attempted rebuttal or?

15 Likes

Yesh 10char

So if I were to prove, that it wasn’t mere pretending your entire argument collapses immediately?

12 Likes

I think lots of people would like some fresh servers

46 Likes

maybe? give it a try

Whats your battle tag?

my mom tells me not to give out my battle tag to strangers online

9 Likes

I would like fresh servers to be released. All the problems with classic with all the bots, screwed up economy, stockpiling of materials and the gear will ruin (atleast in my opinion) TBC launch. TBC will obviously bring in alot of new players who didn’t want to play classic and that’s fine, not everyone likes the same. People like “zmug” who think his opinion should weigh more than non-classic players’s is stupid and that’s literally a 0 IQ take. Blizzard is pushing a PRODUCT and if a majority of the consumers would want the product changed in some way than it would be stupid to go against the grain if blizzard would want more people to play TBC. Classic is an acquired taste and some just don’t like it.

19 Likes

2 friend of mine were hyped for tbc and they told me they won’t be playing it now.

No gold reset or fresh servers , the economy too much in a mess. Turned them both off big time. No exaggeration it’s a deal breaker for them.

30 Likes

They know that with fresh servers , many will stop playing and paying while waiting for TBC, with this progression way to some extent they ensured that many, for the sake of preparation are forced to play Vanilla so they would not fall behind…

9 Likes

I started playing Classic very hardcore, at launch, but it was all in the hopes that the servers would eventually become TBC Classic servers. I leveled up a bunch of different alts to certain levels, picked professions, leveled them up a good part of the way to 300, but due to suddnely working 60 hours per week, I lost the abilty to spending much time in the game (this was back in phase 2 btw).
On top of this, I burned out from Classic, several times, because my real passion really wasn’t for vanilla, but for TBC. And I didn’t even know if all my work would be in vain. So, I stopped doing it, some 6 months ago or so.

So, now Im sitting here - I’m not a billionaire, I dont have 10 level 60s (which we all know is going to be a game changer in TBC), I dont have all the professions maxed. In other words, Im behind all the ppl I’m going to be competing with when TBC Classic launches, as Ill go right back to raiding hardcore, again - Only, Ill be ****ed. A single 58 boost isn’t going to change much of anything.
not only that, the economy of the classic servers is screwed. and bringing that right into tbc, without at least some kind of reset is just going to ruin the whole experience for a lot of ppl. it will be perfectly normal for ppl to ding 70, and not only pick up their flying mount, but also instantly their epic flying mount, and possibly also a few BoE epics or BoP crafted Epics the same day - Same thing on their alts (Even with stupidly inflated prices due to everyone being rich).
In other words, the early progression is going to closer to that of wotlk, and not TBC. this isn’t #nochanges, or even #somechanges. its fundamentally broken, unintended, and imbalanced.

I seriously think it’s bad game design, that a few fresh servers aren’t even an option. I had to spend thousands of hours, grinding away at a game I didn’t enjoy, just to not be massively behind everyone else, when the game I’ve waited over 12 years to play, launches? Seriously? That’s BS, not going to lie.

If you want to go into TBC like that? Cool! More power to you! Be my guest. I dont want to take that away from anyone - You’ve worked hard for that. But it would be more than just nice, if the rest of us, who didn’t care about vanilla, to have an alternative.

33 Likes

We need this.

15 Likes