Frost in PvE, how is it?

I am looking for an alt i’d like to make my melee DPS this expansion, the overall choice is Rogue, DK, Warrior and, technically, monk but I don’t want to play monk.

As DK I always played Unholy (WoD was the last expansion I played DK) but really not feeling like playing Unholy now, sick of pets. Since I already have a tank, checked out Frost on dummies and mobs in the world and it feels… OK? Obliteration looks like something I could live with.
But I remember there were huge outcries at the beginning of SL that FDK is absolutely unviable.
So how is frost for PvE (m+ mostly, but raids are possibility)? And, more specifically, is is OK to use 2h weapons now, or it is still dual-wield only?

I dont know about raiding, but ive seen them doing pretty damn good inside M+

This shows they doing good in raiding too :
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/26#metric=dps&dataset=95&class=DPS

But since i was playing DK back in WoD myself, i dont know how well you will do with frost since UH back then was such a high skill cap spec. (At least in the last season i was playing it)

1 Like

they are doing good in pve, they were logging above unh (and most other melees) but this could be because of 4min fights (farm bosses) which make using 2 breaths much more powerfull while unholy only gets to use 1 army in that short fight.
for progress unholy should remain better

dont use 2H in pve

If you like playng the degen build that is BOS they are strong, and you my friend will dance on the strings that Blizzard wants all FDK to dance for years in pve

1 Like

No, I was aiming at obliteration stuff actually. Don’t like Breath one bit. Thanks for the hint.

DW obliteration in PvE has some merit although, BoS will always be best or tied however because blizzards nonexistant class fantasy tastes

BoS Delenda Est

1 Like

oblit is fine but BoS is basicly an aoe ability you gonna miss in a aoe situation. however you can beat hc raid and +15 keys with oblit build even 2hand.

1 Like

Yeah im gonna try some pve now since i cant get past 1.4k rating in pvp sadly (wanted the elite tmog badly) and il play two-hand obliterate i dont care past +15 and ive done +14 and it was ok…ish eventho im full pvp gear

since i cant get past 1.4k rating

Play some RBG to reach 1600 and buy some more 213 versa gear, then find a warrior mate or boomkin if you prefer and just play 3v3 without stopping(it will take really a lot of games) or if you lucky to find a constant team just play rbgs, should be easier but longer
and forget 2v2 exists :s GL if you decide to try again

Idk about rbgs and 3x3 but in 2x2 they have never won against me and I am so sad about it. I love this class and it’s specs, and frost seems so hopeless when partners against it just separate. No matter how hard you grip to hug them both and burst, they still do not die… I adored playing with unholy in 8.1 - 8.2 … Give me these times back :sob:

RBG grps demand so much to join evem at low cr 1.3k atm and the lfg is kinda dead im @210 ilvl and 28%vers, and i hate using voice, thats why i never join guilds, im a boomer.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.