Frost Spec Counterpart for Warlock

I am planning to roll a Warlock as my second TBC character, and will mainly use for PvE farming / questing. I’d like to know which Warlock spec (Affliction - Demo - Destro) can be described as closest to the Mage Frost spec for PvE leveling purpose. So things that come to mind are similarities such as increased critical chance on frozen targets, freezing targets in place, high survival etc. which spec would you describe best as suitable for this purpose? Thank you!

No warlock spec is similar to mages frost spec in any way shape or form.

Maybe you can go affliction, send vw to tank em and drain life while cycling through targets so you dont pull agro but it’s no where as efficient as a frost mage is at aoe-ing because we have no slows/stuns.

1 Like

Google for SM/DS spec, sacrifice void walker and dot everything, things just die and you loot. Best thing is your never need to drink, I really dislike it with mages.

1 Like

If you have really bad gear go deep demo with affi offtalents.
If you have good gear go deep affi with imp just do drain his mana and multidot all

I don’t think the previous 3 posters read your question correctly. You mean to level a warlock via questing, right?
https://lmgtfy.app/?q=tbc+warlock+leveling+spec

Go demon u dont die while lvling

Hey Nicolay, on the contrary they actually did and provided the info I needed, but thank you :slight_smile:

Altough your comment resembles the truth, we do have a slow and a stun, all via talents. Not the point as they dont work like the ones of a mage, so answering original poster, to level via questing felguard(demonology) is the most popular one.

For me personally, in terms of fun I prefer to level as afflic. There is something very satisfying about using your imp as a mana battery, and dotting 5-8 mobs at a time.

1 Like

I’ve always been a big fan of affliction warlocks. More so than any mage spec, actually.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.