Frost - Thank you

With 8.2 I was excited to try out the changes to the Frost DK, so I blew the dust off my old one, which I stopped playing because it was just so terrible.
I have to say, it certainly feels a lot better this patch. Like really, really nice. So thanks for giving them some love. It took you a while, but I’m glad you got there in the end.
Anyone else thinking about bringing theirs out of storage, go for it. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers, Blizz.

Good for you, personally I’m disappointed BoS is the best talent again and altough runic power regen is definitely better now, it still feels clunky. I hope they’ll rework Frost for the next expansion at least.

Oh don’t get me wrong, it’s still not perfect, and I think Obliterate/frost strike builds are far more viable than they were. Probably still not comparable to BoS, but it’s no longer left in the dust as it once was.
I’m just thankful they got something this patch. I definitely had a better time on frost than I did before, so that’s a positive.
Two specs that need a rework imho are Frost and Enhance Shaman. But yeah, the buffs in 8.2 for frost will keep me happy for a bit at least.

like unholy but frost also ok obliterate frost strike combo less boring breat built ew

Frost is still so bad at single target and not great at aoe…

You can literally chance any class/spec and have better, the buffs did almost nothing.

Their damage AND rune generation is noticeably better. If you can honestly say the buffs did nothing then you’re doing something wrong. Sure, they’re still not quite there yet, but I’m just happy they received some love, unlike enhance shaman…

It’s basically the same as before, the difference is so slight it makes barely any difference.

Single target still sucks and aoe is average compared to other classes / specs…almost every group I play with says the same and most won’t even bring frost dk into raid groups. M+ is fine for 1-10 weekly but higher keys no one wants to know about frost.

Almost everyone is still choosing Unholy/Blood. You can push it as best you can or do what most do and roll another class/spec and instantly get higher dps with half the effort or gear…

Blizz had a chance to make decent changes and there were some on PTR but got nerfed before reaching live…

Then you have to choose one spec again BOS which a lot of people are just sick of or don’t like. Blizz messed up, again with Frost.

Please don’t thank them for this kind of BS. Frost still sucks just not “as bad”…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.