no boost
no drums modifications
no deluxe
no special mount

just the game as it was

simple.

13 Likes

I like that you are an alliance paladin who will get hit by that the most ^^

well luckily for me, i get to become a draenei shaman in a few months :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’ll get no argument from me.

Welcome to the light.

2 Likes

Im still of the mindset that the boost by itself is an ok thing (good nor bad), but taking the wider picture and the idea that its ok for this change but not this. I feel that #nochanges is the best approach which really no one can argue/complain about as its TBC as it was.

I just find it funny/sad that people are wanting to change the drums, it can be considered a game design tweek all they like, the end result will still be

you no longer require all members of the raid to have LW - in other words a QoL change.

Lets go #nochanges and be done with it

2 Likes

Then you will come to the forums and complain when you get stuck on a bug that was in the original TBC and stops you dead in your tracks.

1 Like

You mean, like classic, including the shi_t worldbuff meta and 1 BL per area with an hourlong respawn timer on servers with 9k+ people?

Yeah, no thanks, I pass.

2 Likes

well, were there 9k pop servers back then?

they should limit the servers to more realistic pop numbers that reflect tbc from old :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes.

Correct, they should have done that.

In fact, we proposed that months before release.

You know what the reaction from the #nochangeeeeeeeeeeees crowd was? “No, no limits because we want nochanges! No Limit back then!!! Limit was only servercapaciity! No such limit now!!! no changes!!! We want to play with our friends!!! NOUOUOUOOOO CHANGERRUUUUUSSSUSUSUUS!”

And that’s how basically every. single. useful. change-suggestion was shut down. Adaptive Spawns? NOCHANGES!!! Faction-Limits? NOCHANGES!!! WB Dispell on enter Raid? NOCHANGES!!! Adapt Bosses to the fact that we play on 1.12.1? NOCHANGES!!! Limit AoE capabilities? NOCHANGES!!! Introduce better mob pathing? NOCHANGES!!! Fix classic LoS issues? NOCHANGES!!!

There wasn’t even a Discussion any more. Shouting “No changes!!!” was apparetly as good as, or better than, any argument, no matter how well made. And Blizzard made the mistake to listen.

3 Likes

I agree. They should also reverse any of the changes made to Classic 60. But the priority should be to permaban everyone that did rmt to buy gold. They should focus on killing the bots / rmt / gdkp meta before prepatch.

You’re a bit selective aren’t you

No Seal of Blood for Alliance paladins!

nuff said

1 Like

Totally fine.

I was for some “good” changes but ever since they opened pandora’s box and I saw the armies of lazy greedy idiots asking for basically everything on the cash stop, I am slowly coming to the hard nochanges position as well.

Let horde paladins do more dps in retribution spec than alliance paladins, what a big tragedy.

5 Likes

You do realise that fresh TBCC realms is against nochanges?

Because basically some people didn’t trust Blizzard’s judgement and capacity to distinguish good changes from going full greedy goblin mode.

At this point I would like to see some good changes with “classic spirit” but I also don’t think they can deliver that. The company has no actual game designers left, its a corporation with exclusively marketing, finance, advertising people left in it( and some good graphics designers and artists obviously which shows in the quality of their cinematics/new mount/xmog models etc.)

3 Likes

no it is not. there were fresh tbc server back in the days

1 Like

No. There wasn’t.

It was 3k servers in TBC.

@Gommié: Dottie may correct me as he feels necessary, but I believe he meant active population, not the realm’s concurrency cap in terms of users. Those two were never the same thing…

All well and good, but currently we’re (on a PVE server) at about 5k players.

On PVP It’s ~6k. (Good job on the “Classic experience” People hated being ganked non-stop I guess?)

People are going to come back and possibly double populations.

But it wasn’t till I massive layering / shards happened, did blizzard begin basically killing servers by sharding everybody.

They opened servers several months after launch because the existing ones were full, that is not the case now. They never opened new servers just for the sake of it.