Fun solo BG class

Hey just a fun topic really, I’m a Hpal main atm and although I’ve had fun this season I’m probably looking at a switch for 9.1 as I’m finding the spec quite dry and unrewarding sometimes.

I just wondered what you guys have had the most fun playing mostly for (in order of importance) random BG (mostly solo queue), Arena/RBGs and wPvP.

Also any reason why you find it particular fun or rewarding to play.

Ret paladin for obvious reasons :smiley: You’ve got great damage, plenty defensive abilities, complete self sustain and you can go full on into group fights.

Also enjoy MM Hunter. With sniper shot u get you’re range up to 65 yards so u can sit far behind a group fight and shoot people without them being able to do anything.

Enhance is probably the most fun class for me but it’s too weak defensively right now for BG PvP.

Druid by far the best

I have had a lot of fun on my Ret to be honest and it is a strong option but (I know a lot of specs are) it seems like such an all or nothing dps class I was maybe thinking of just keeping it as an alt and maining something that’s got a bit more dps outside of its main go.

Also I’m perhaps leaning towards playing a ranged hybrid which leaves me with 3 main choices.

Feral. First class that I enjoy playing in random bgs at 200 ilvl

May I ask what you find fun with it and why it’s so enjoyable even at a low ilvl?

Also how have ukulele found it in all other content?

I’m most curious because it’s right at the top of my list at the moment.

Stealther.

Either rogue,druid or hunter.

Win games for your team by capping and going around and doing what needs to be done,rather than afking.

How many games could have been won if only 1 PERSON capped something unprotected…1 player can make massive difference and win bg’s even epic bg’s,especially av.

I really dislike the rogue play style but Hunters and Druids have made top 3 alternatives -

Druid
Priest
Hunter.

Leaning strongly towards rDruid atm and then I’d pick up a second spec (not sure which).

But yes I absolutely agree and I find it so frustrating that I can’t influence a games objectives as much as I know I could on another class that has either stealth or higher dps. Even as Ret it’s so easy to get solo value just finding insufficiently guarded bases etc.

Once you go rdruid you don’t go back. You have the mobility to run flags, the healing and cc to make the difference in team fights, stealth to ninja cap bases if you want. Not to mention outplaying people on rdruid is incredibly satisfying. Nothing feels as good as shifting into bear form the second before a hoj or kidney hits. Or vortexing a monk on his portal, rogue on his step, warrior on charge etc etc. That being said, with the current state of random bgs the amount of influence you have as a healer is less than ever before. If you have a team of low geared players, no amount of healing will be able to stop them from getting 1 shot. In previous expansions you could at least keep your undergeared team alive long enough to win a fight. While overall I think rdruid is the most fun to play in random bgs, in shadowlands I find myself afk a lot because my team is either getting gy camped, or my team is doing the gy camping. Moonkin might be a better option with the current state of things, but I don’t have enough experience with that spec to make a statement on it.

1 Like

I played a rDruid in Cata I think it was and had BY FAR the highest win % I’ve ever had on this game. Somewhere in the region of 70-75% with solo queues so I definitely know the impact they can have. Only managed 60-70% with other healers.

I’m leaning strongly towards rDruid and maybe even picking up Guardian as another option for RBG.

I’m constantly seeing druids and feeling jealous at their utility and abilities that greatly improve qol.

I feel like your reply may have just jolted me that last bit into a decision.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.