Fury, why is my dps so bad?

Hey guys,

I hope you can help. I normally play prot but am really interested in learning fury because I think it would be really fun. I have ilvl 213 and two 1h as it is easier to find than 2 2h (Apparently the dps difference is around 1%). I have the bis leggo and decent PvP trinkets and yet my dps is absolutely awful.

My single target dps is around 2.8k which I can beat at 190 ilvl on my hunter who I barely know how to play. I must be doing something wrong.

I am following the best guide on youtube that I can find but my dps is still awful.

Any pointers or anyone willing to spend a bit of time with me in game telling me where I am going wrong would be so appreciated.

Thank you!

This is my warrior by the way… accidentally posted from an old mage

XXX ilvl is not equal XXX dps.

wowhead has a decent guide. or come onto the warrior skyhold there some good pins etc.

I had to reroll FURY from ARMS for last 2 Mythic bosses in Nathria. I was me playing fury for the first time prolly since WoD… so I had to go through a re-learning phase again.

Without checking logs or anything, I can advise you what I struggled with :

When using CRUELTY talent, make sure that you are hitting raging blow while enraged… I didnt really do prio on this, and I was loosing TON of dmg…

depending on fight ST vs AOE playing with sudden death instead of fresh meat is easier.

but in AOE frest meat is a must.

Make sure you are not holding CDS. RAMPAGE on CD. also Reckle and BS too… have a cnx aura Bladestorm for ST target fights. (if using the ring lego for procs…)

I am also venthyr… so for me condemn is strong part of the rotation and must take advantage every time I can.

and with a lot of practice you can do it :slight_smile:
I managed to score a decent log on our first CE danathrius kill… even pulling ahead the NF aoer’s :smiley:

good luck.

(I still love arms more, make it viable for PvE again blizz!)

General tips:

• keep track of your enraged buff and don’t waste bloodthirst when you have raging blow
  • use bladestorm AFTER rampage
  • use whirlwind when you have no skills available, it beats doing nothing
  • use ignore pain in case you overcap during a bladestorm, to reduce the CD through anger management

It’s a must IF you have a constant stream of new adds triggering fresh meat.

And learn to not cancel it too quickly, because bladestorm generates a lot of rage and is still very useful to build rage for your first rampage (when not using fresh meat).

Its hard to give good advices if you dont have anything to show us.
I mean if you’re watching/reading guides on how to play fury you should be able to do decent dps since fury is not as hard as other dps specs.
There has to be something you’re doing essentially wrong since 2,8k dps is like autoattacking and only using rampage+bloodthirst every few seconds.

I didn’t get it. Which CD to reduce?

Anger management reduce the cooldown on Recklessness based on how much rage you spend.

1 Like

I got it. Thanks.

because they need to buff condemn dmg for fury my dude, i might aswell not even be venth but i want to, the animation and sound for condemn is so good, but the dmg for it is piss poor! might aswell just have execute the dmg is that bad, the other cov abilties actually do dmg, where as condemn is just there, please fix blizz, condemn dmg as fury is awful

Don’t know what game you’re playing, but condemn is doing great DPS on Fury and I was doing great DPS with it.

Switch targets if they have 80/35% hp

YouTube --> cautex --> last video.
Everything what you need to know about fury 9.1

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.