Future allied races possibilities.

I would like nothing more than to make my character look as cool as Malfurion ! I like that idea.

1 Like

Because shamanistic bear-people are a flavour I could get behind, as many others would too.

It probably will be Gilgoblins yes. But we are speculating here, you know

Personally I would settle with bigger, Malfurion-like beards and Silver eyes for males with Amber eyes for females…

But yea some proper customisation options to look more like Malfurion or even Illidan would be cool.

I think Vrykul for the alliance is a likely option.

1. It balances the Broken Isles more, Horde having the support of Suramar and Highmountain, Alliance winning over the Vrykul and nelf refugees re-settling in a nightmare-free Valsharah.
  2. Odyn should at the current point not be too fond of Sylvanas after her little play at immortality which Greymane stopped (praise be).
  3. The Vrykul could bring some of that cool, more savage, tribalistic feeling to the alliance. Diversity is good.
2 Likes

Hail Greymane!

Also, bring in Furbolgs. Vrykuls would work too. They are all over the place already anyway, let them have something more to say in the matters of world-saving.

2 Likes

Hail Greymane above all!

2 Likes

Hail Greymane! Took action against the danger of Sylvanas before the other Allied leaders!

2 Likes

Allied Race speculation started with Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain Tauren, Nightborne and Void Elves getting flagged with character selection screens on the PTR. At the time, the strings had the Void Elves linked to Night Elves while Nightborne were linked to Blood Elves as I recall, or something along those lines.

The point being, for all intents and purposes, Nightborne and Void Elves are the elf-offshoots we got as Allied Races. We don’t need more elf variations, or atleast not until every other race has gotten their Allied Race equivalent.

Which leaves Gnomes, Forsaken, Goblins and Worgen. I’m not sure what a Pandaren equivalent would look like and I remain skeptical they would get one since Neutral Races seem like something Blizzard doesn’t want to do anymore.

Gnomes and Goblins are quite simple. 8.2 introduces Mechagon with it’s Junker Gnomes, which can easily end up as an Allied Race for the Alliance. Meanwhile the Horde will be interacting with Gilbins in Nazjatar, which could serve as the Goblin equivalent. Alternatively Goblins can get a Junker variant aswell.

Calia Menethil is teased in the ending of the War Campaign Alliance story arc of 8.2, and is likely to appear in the patch after that. Many have speculated that we could see some sort of “Holy Undead” Allied Race, which would probably use a variation of the Forsaken model.

Assuming the Alliance gets some sort of re-skinned Forsaken model as an Allied Race, it would be reasonable to assume that the Horde would get a re-skinned Worgen model of sorts. That would probably have to be something entirely new, and nothing concrete comes to mind to me right now.

Looking to the future, I would love to see Vrykul as an Alliance Race, and the Horde to finally get playable Ogres.

1 Like

How about Saberon?

During the Mag’har introduction scenario, we can clearly see that some of them entered Azeroth along with the orcs, ogres, gronn, Botani and so on.

2 Likes

How about Saberon?

Sethrak :wink: They use Worgen female model, the devoted are on Zandalar, the Horde did a lot for them they and allied with the Zandalari and Vulpera… who use the goblin modeL… You see the connection. Goblin and Worgen model for Horde are Vulpera/Sethrak

Oh yay, this one again.
Horde aren’t getting Worgen model. Model transfer has only happened with Nightborne and Void elfs. It’s not the norm.
Alliance assisted the Sethrak just as much as the Horde and have the first interactions chronologically. The Sethrak also culturally do not fit into the Horde, and have no feasible reason to follow Sylvanas.
If Sethrak are an allied race, which the absence of datamining linked to them after Blizzard encrypted the allied race files suggests, they are far more likely to go Alliance than they are Horde.

1 Like

It’s not the norm.

It’s not the norm, but it’s possible.

Alliance assisted the Sethrak just as much as the Horde

This is incorrect.
The Alliance save Vorrik then move and never see the Sethrak again
Horde save Vorrik, help Vorrik get his weapon back, Kill Korthek, Save Sethraliss, then kill Mythrax and Ghuun. We are hero for them. Alliance is nothing but some stranger that save their leader on day and then never saw again.

The Sethrak also culturally do not fit into the Horde

On what basement? I would say the contrary, Sethrak do not fit Alliance thematic. Do you imagine them in stormwind? They would fell out of place while totally right in Orgrimmar.
Plus their culture is based on a cult toward a Loa, which two horde also share. They would get along with Horde people and their leader like Talanji, Baine or even Saurfang.
What do they share with the Alliance? Nothing?

and have no feasible reason to follow Sylvanas.

Nor did the Maghar, or Highmountain, or Nightborne. But they do not follow Sylvanas, they follow the Horde. Those would helped them and welcomed them

If Sethrak are an allied race, which the absence of datamining linked to them after Blizzard encrypted the allied race files suggests, they are far more likely to go Alliance than they are Horde.

That’s just a belief based on nothing. While I do understand that Alliance would want Sethrak; this is never going to happen. They belong to Horde, current lore fit itr and do not forget they are on Horde continent.

1 Like

Naaaaa they are like snakes, snakes can be pets. Do you know what else can be pets? Dogs, do you know what Worgen are? Dogs.

See easy they fit with the Alliance because they have so much in common with the Worgen.

1 Like

Sure ;), but Worgen can become human… And sadly, they are more human than worgen.

Doesn’t matter. They are mainly dogs thus pets thus Sethrak is a Allied race for the Alliance confirmed.

1 Like

The Alliance removed the Faithless from Shatterstone Harbour (a base they were likely launching attacks against the Terrace from), saved Vorrik from death, helped retrieve Vorrik’s keystone, and drove off a siege on the Terrace.
The Horde saved Serrik, freed Vorrik from a cage, helped kill Korthek, failed to stop the resurrection of Mythrax and lost the two keystones in the Terrace, and only managed to kill him after he had destroyed the seal and a great deal of Zandalar. They also helped save Sethraliss’ avatar.
The Sethrak are, at the moment, equally indebted to both factions lorewise.

They share a love of peace, unity, and worship. Loa worship does not make them automatically Horde and it has never been a Horde specific thing to worship Loa. They would get along with Baine and the Tauren, perhaps the Zandalari, but none of the other Horde races, who are far more tribal and warmongering than the Sethrak.

Neither Mag’har nor Highmountain have just come out of successfully toppling a warmongering tyrant. Mag’har hate the Lightforged, so they go Horde. Nightborne go Horde because Tyrande is arrogant and snooty (plus they love the sparkly Sunwell the Belfs have). Highmountain go Horde…because the other Taurens are there? Weakest link in the chain, really.

1 Like

There is missing part and wrong thing.
We also drove the siege on the Terrace.
We do not lose two keystone, the Sethrak did when they were in their temple.
The Horde try to do something against Mythrax while the Alliance wasn’t even present.
And don’t forgot we kill Ghuun and save Zandalar, their home.
We are heroes to them. Alliance is nothing.

Deal with it, the Alliance have no contact or link with them after your small quest.

They share a love of peace, unity, and worship

And do you think Worgen and Night elve love peace? Or Lightforged?
Love of peace is not the Alliance property, some race do, some do not. Same for Horde.
Worshipping is a thing that almost every race in Warcraft do.
And they are warmongering, look at the faithless.

none of the other Horde races

Sethrak are tribal. Less than troll may be, but still.
And they will live fine with other horde race, there is even a Sethrak merchant in Zuldazar, and none in any Alliance city.

Neither Mag’har nor Highmountain have just come out of successfully toppling a warmongering tyrant. Mag’har hate the Lightforged, so they go Horde. Nightborne go Horde because Tyrande is arrogant and snooty (plus they love the sparkly Sunwell the Belfs have). Highmountain go Horde…because the other Taurens are there? Weakest link in the chain, really.

Thank for conceding that your statement toward Sethrak and Sylvanas do not matter :slight_smile:
The time the Sethrak will join the Horde, Sylvanas will probably be no longer warchief.

1 Like

You’re simply ignoring evidence at this point. The two keystones were lost by the Horde, the majority of the Devoted were in the attack on Korthek, with a small number and your Zandalari allies left behind to protect them.
G’huun was of no consequence to the Sethrak, they probably didn’t even know he existed. They never interact with him or the Blood Trolls. Killing him means nothing to the Sethrak.

Night Elves have become (wrongly) one of the most peace-loving races in the game. The majority of the Alliance races share that trait. The majority of the Horde races are either indifferent or warmongering.
The Sethrak are not warmongering, the Faithless were, a faction since dismantled and now being reunified with the Devoted, who adhere to the original beliefs and ethos of Sethraliss.

The Sethrak aren’t tribal. They don’t practice sacrifices, curses or rituals.

Where did I concede anything? You’re putting words in my mouth. The point is, the Sethrak will not follow Sylvanas because she’s is identical and in fact much worse than the warmonger they only just toppled. The other Horde allied races, which you used as an ‘example’ of other races following Sylvanas without much reason, do have reasons for doing it, which I pointed out. The Sethrak do not.

1 Like

Should I be:

1. Flattered, because to call someone a “dog” should be understood as calling them loyal, optimistic or brave.

or

1. Insulted, because you lowered me and dogs to just “pets”.

?

The keystone were lost by the devoted, when the Horde was following Vorrik to kill Korthek.
Where was the Alliance at this moment?
With your strange argument, Alliance is as faulty as Horde. Even worse as they did nothing at all to help at that moment.

And the Sethrak were never angry at Horde, on the contrary.

I’m sad for you if you really think Sethrak can go Alliance. The fall will be hard when you will get something else.

1 Like