Future allied races possibilities.

You can take the Grimtotem and Feltotem, they’re not exactly the best choice for allies though.

1 Like

The next two allied races are vulpera and trash gnomes. Claiming anything else is denial.

1 Like

How about…

North Elves and Grave Elves? :hugs:

2 Likes

Sadly, this.

What are North Elves? I can see grave Elves… with Delaryn and Sira etc… But North Elves?

Careful now, you don’t know what you are trifling with. Though putting elves in their graves is an interesting concept, I’ll give you that.

They are a splinter group of void elves who reside in the north part of Telogrus Rift. There’s a little bit of fel residue there and thanks to that they have green skin.

2 Likes

Let’s call them android gnomes instead.

You do realize that only a loud vocal minority actually wants high elves. I’m quite sure most players are getting so many elves. Especially if they are basicly just different skin options for existing ones. Seriously nobody is waiting for blood elves with a different eye color as playable race. not after getting void elves

1 Like

seems very unlikely pandaren void elves was the worse addition to this game since the blood elves to the horde or the night elves to the alliance i would have liked that the night elves had joined the horde and the high elves / blood elves stayed alliance

1 Like

Do I have to slap this dumb claim down again? The next set of races is due in 8.2.5, by which point the gnomes will have been in game for half a patch; far too soon for them to have become involved with the story enough to join a faction. Gnomes will be 8.3.5 and no earlier.
The Alliance race for 8.2.5 will be something else, though my personal bet remains on Sethrak; despite the silence regarding them, there is too much evidence there.

Interestingly, an argument this applies to the implausibility of adding them is because of the head slot.

Though if Blizzard particularly creative, they wouldn’t think to really -add- the option of having a head slot if they were that serious, instead compensating by having mechanically an increased set of base stats and maybe a stronger set of racials.

But that’s a can I don’t really wanna open. I’m just saying that if Blizzard’s reason for not adding allied races’ potential is because of the heads, then it’s frankly yet another poorer reason.

1 Like

Helmets are a non-issue; Worgen and Tauren are practically incapable of wearing any helmet well and yet nothing has ever been done to fix it.
Male and female differences are the more pressing issues with them, but I’m certain we’d be seeing such models if Vulpera hadn’t been datamined so easily; which resulted in all Allied Race files getting encrypted.

Void Elves didn’t even appear in game ubtil they were a Allied Race so thats not really an issue…

1 Like

Ah, but they did have a story; in Alleria. And yes, that does count. Additionally, both Nightborne and Void Elves are model swaps; night elf models for Horde, and vice versa for Void Elfs. They are an exception to the rule.

Alleria is not a Void Elf, though. She’s a High Elf with a Dark-Naaru heart inside of her.

So no, they don’t have a story, nor did they show up at all before that. So there is no limit to how short ago or wether or not they appeared before to an Allied Race addition to a certain faction.

1 Like

Is she part of the Void Elf group? Yes, she’s their leader.
Is she irreversibly altered by the void? Yes.
Therefore, is she a Velf? Yes.

Part of the Lightforged Draenei group? Yes, he is their leader.
Irreversibly altered by the Light, like the Lightforged Draenei? Yes.
Therefor, is he a Lightforged Draenei? Yes.

Turalyon is as much a Lightforged Draenei as Alleria is a Void Elf.

3 Likes

Yup; except we’re not talking Biology here, are we? We’re talking stories. Alleria’s plot is part and parcel of the Velf plot, she serves to build them up as a concept and develop them, just as Turalyon serves as part of the story for the Lightforged.
Really, you’re being quite pretentious here.

You’re the one saying that Alleria is a Void Elf, because she is a part of their story…

Alleria is not a Void Elf. She isn’t even anything close to a Void Elf. She is just a High Elf with the power of a Darkened Naaru within her.

I never denied she was a part of the Void Elves-story; I just argue’d she is nothing akin to the Void Elves, therefor meaning that no Void Elf ever appeared before Umbric and his lot showed up(because Alleria is something different then them) until the Void Elf recruitment scenario. You’re the one pulling non-related things into this discussion.

2 Likes

Then if you are not denying she is part of the void elves story, you cannot then say that the velfs came from nowhere with no story buildup.
Blizzard has specific criteria for these races, as they themselves have stated. Every race so far has fulfilled them.

How… What?

She can be part of the Void Elves story without the Void Elves having any proper story build up.

I was talking about the recruitment scenario; which didn’t have any build up… It matters not who was a part of it. Void Elves as a race had zero build up in the story and were pulled out of nowhere. Unlike Void Broken on Argus in Mac’Aree.

2 Likes