Future allied races possibilities.

Think what Moridunum means is that compared to the other Voidling/Void-corrupted races and Allied races in general, Void Elves in specific did not have any build up or relevance until their sudden showing with Umbric and his wierd rolly-polly in void magic and all.

It’s like a sudden: “This has been happening all this time! OoOoOoOoOh! You just didin’t notice!!!”. When it’s clear to even a toddler that it was an abrupt addition in the first place.

With Alleria, It’s a plausible connection, but she’s as connected to their nature only contextual-wise, rather than full-face on had a hand to their creation.

2 Likes

We need moar elves.

Morally grey, of course.

And saying that they have always loved the Horde and they will fight for it regardless of who started this war. And claiming that the Alliance has gone too far because humans didn’t want to die so they deserve to die and the Alliance deserves to fall. And that it is not the time to discuss these matters.

We just need good ol’ Othmar Garithos to counter them. He always knew what’s up.

i’m sure if you dig hard enough you can find his remains in some ghoul droppings northgrave

As always, you know better how to say what I mean then I do! :stuck_out_tongue:

Even I, as a full on Elf player, agree with you here.

We need Othmar Garithos to save Azeroth from Elf-kind! D:

he should save it from troll kind first their a infestation that never seem to die off completely despite many troll dungeons and even a raid in vanilia

1 Like

The next allied race will be Retconned Elves.

3 Likes

Trolls and elves are the same “people” though.

1 Like

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/48932343/superhot_review_main.0.0.jpg

They won’t have much in the way of models. But I bet they’ll be more famous than even Tauren :frowning:

Let’s see! I’ve got a few ideas of Allied Races I’d like to see in-game. I know it won’t happen, but we can all dream a little, right?

1. Vrykul. We’ve seen these guys all the way back in WoTLK, and most recently in Legion. I’m not that good with Vrykul lore, but I can imagine that since Helya is still alive and might come back, the Vrykul will have to team up with one of the factions. Helya still being alive and coming back can’t possibly be good news for them. Not to mention the A E S T H E T I C S.
    I personally love the entire Norse/Viking aesthetic of the Vrykuls. From their looks to their music, there’s a lot of potential here. Imagine how their hub would look. The possibilities!

2. Sethrak. Due to their in-game model, I am aware that helmets would be a problem here. But seeing them as an Allied Race for either of the factions, (neutral, perhaps? Being able to choose if that would make sense lore-wise.) Their aesthetic is pretty nice, and having another “beast”-like race added to the selection would be awesome! There’s potential for their customizations options as well, such as scaley beards, or rings and facial jewerly.

3. Ethereal.
    Yep. We’re most likely moving into a Void-themed expansion guys. Having these guys sweep in on our screens would make sense in my head. They’re an interesting race (if that’s the correct term to use for them.) and having them be playable would be interesting.

4 Likes

High Elfs on alliance but only if current races counterparts open up a 3nd time.

Example - Draenei - Lightforged - Broken
Tauren - Highmontain - Taunka
Dwarf - Dark Iron - Wildhammer

And so on.

Draenei is the same as Lightforged
Night elf is the same as Nightwarrior Night elf
(only nw wasn’t a allied race) but its pretty much the same as aboe yet lightforged was allied race?

obviously the allied race for the alliance are titan keepers i always want to be a giant being of stone :wink:

Should’ve been Draenei & (Argus) Broken from the beginning and none of the Lightforged bollocks. Yea as extra customisation options.

And this should’ve been Tauren & Taun’ka from the beginning. Moose Horns would’ve been a nice extra customisation option instead of a “complete” new race.

Man, they could’ve even gone with Yaungol…! D:<

Also Wildhammers won’t make for a good Allied Race; I suggest Earthen instead.

Wildhammer, Android gnomes and those fish people from the blizzcon are the most likely next allied races for the alliance. Considering, that all AR so far are just reskins from existing races.

1 Like

They still have no meaningful connection to the alliance.

Most likely alliance if it’s the tideskorn tribe. And if the new queen isn’t brewing up her hatred against Odyn a second time.

1 Like

That’s an outright lie.

By the way, this might be me thinking too much about it. But when i was running trough the zandalaari capital on my horde char while waiting for the event queue.
the zandalaari seemed to make a big deal about letting non trolls into their city at first. But made an exception for the horde. so vendors and npc like horde and zandalaari make sense. plenty of allied races among them.
Neutral tortollans known for trading kind of make sense being allowed as well

But ogres are there as well selling rocks and hats. Ogres dont seem like the type of race the zandalaari would allow to be there.

the Alliance also got a vendor that seems entirely out of place. a Vrykul npc that says she is sold out. vrykul arent really concidered friendly folks and never seen trading with our factions either.

to me the harbors seem to be alot about showcasing your faction and its (allied) forces mustering. Could this be a sign that more vrykul or ogres could be stationed there with a reason later as an allied race.

some other out of place npc/vendors i noticed for the Alliance are tus’kar and yinyu. There are already guesses of yinyu we befriend in nazjatar might be an allied race.

So what i am hoping for even tho it might be a bad reasoning.
Horde: ogres, sethrak and vulpera
Alliance: Vrykul, yinyu and tus’kar

1 Like

I approve very much :heart:

1 Like

There are vrykul and even jinyu in the horde city too, at least they used to be there in beta. There are even two vrykul in Dazar’alor, whereas there’s only one in Boralus.

Sadly, even Dazar’alor has Vrykul and such.

I think it’s less about showcasing, but attempting to make a true ‘marketplace’ atmosphere. Traders come and go in the wider world after all, and what I think Blizz was trying to do is widen the the world’s perspective better by showing more races and creeds of different origins.

After all, goods from other lands are - to some societies - a major crux in the economy: trading goods that would never grow or be found in a certain land for coin and such.

4 Likes