Future survival suggestion

Keeping in with the theme. I thought it would be somewhat interesting if SV hunters had an ability to throw an axe. Potentially with an enhancement on it i.e poison/frost/fire damage etc you get the idea. This keeps it thematical and adds some flavour.

I would say at first glance a talent node can be created for this. Then going into a further node to buff it with the enhancements. I doubt it would be possible to have it as a base ability as from the few videos I have seen with some survival builds, the kit is quite loaded at the moment. IF bola strike proves to be a sucess , perhaps it can be expanded upon like this axe throw.

I’d also like to see the ranger talent moved. it’s really deep down the tree and limits the builds you can have if you want to take the talent

SV in DF needs a lot more changes than just “keeping with the theme” ones. And talking about “keeping with the theme”, I think it’s time to either rename SV (to finally break with our poisoned past that still makes the old ranged SV guys mad) OR give us tools that actually make us tougher and increase our survivability.

But yes, the Ranged node is horribly misplaced imo and shouldn’t be there at all. But I say the same about Sentinel Owl. It sucks. And it doesn’t make us desirable for raids.

The sad truth is, although Hunter got the most attention by the Devs for DF so far, SV looks just meh.

Rename it. I’m still upset the best spec we had got turned into that thing in legion.

I mean I don’t think survival was ever intended to completely fit it’s name of surviving. Not in the literal sense anyway lol. Poison, traps and a hunter adept in the wild was always more the goal as far as I’m aware.

I won’t get into the melee / ranged debate it just derails threads and gives a headache. With wotlk classic available if anyone loves the old survival it’s right there to be played :slight_smile:

I personally love the idea of weapon switching from melee to ranged, and having traps and tricks at my disposal. One thing I’m not so keen on is the cross-over of pet play. It doesn’t seem to make much sense in my mind for such heavy pet play. Like either they should have made BM the melee spec and had it with pet synergy or remove some of the pet dependency for SV and open up pathways like the one I suggested. Not saying to not have a pet but sometimes I feel there is heavy leaning on the pet involved and I’m not too fond of it really.
The ranger node is awesome, and I adore it.

Also following on from the remark about how important Pet play is for survival, I feel this is reflected in the talent nodes. There are a lot of ways to boost kill command and pet damage and personally, it confuses me. It shouldn’t be a mini BM spec with a different flavour

Quickly on the hatchets. I’d rather throw a hatchet than serpent sting. I always found the lil diddy crossbow stupid. Maybe make it a glyph. God knows we need more glyphs.

We got like 3 charges, and no way to actually not die from it.
Still designed around the idea of Kiting from a ranges perspective.

Personally I think SV should be able to attack in turtle. Or have some sort of leech attached to bleeds and dots. Anything to mitigate us being in everything’s face so hard.
Maybe harpoon can reset disengages CD Or have the (Focus reduces cd on exhilaration. I forgot it’s name) talent reduce CD of turtle to.
I think for a Melee spec we have the least amount of defensive in the game.

At least we kind of have a new Defensive now, but that’s been given to hunters in general so i don’t count it.

Have to say I quite like SS and the crossbow haha! but yeah they could maybe make it a choice. Just add a talent node for it !

I’m not sure what you meant here.

PvP nightmare lol

Like being a hybrid range / melee with weapon swapping! that’s the absolute dream haha

I can confidently say that that award goes to DH. Particularly in early SL they had blur and darkness and that was it. Hunter having trap , cheetah , turtle , bandage , FD…the list goes on

Basically in DF we can spec into multiple charges to close the distance. But that’s it. If we get focused for being that close to the fight we, eat the doodoo.

Say that to every other class’s defensive that you can attack through.

While i’m not against it. We have AOTHawk, I’d personally replace the CD on hawk with it being a toggle with a simple 25-30% Damage reduction on skills while active. Encourages you to still play melee while giving you the options.
Unless you want to give us a stat stick, let us be like a fury warrior with a 2h and a bow. I’d be cool with that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.