Game crashes when launching

Hello there, i have a problem with wow classic.
When launching after a fresh install of the game, it starts up just fine, sometimes i can even close wow and reopen it with the launcher, but thats only every now and then.
After that the computer freezes and i get this message saying “Video_scheduler_internal_error” on my screen as the computer restarts. I then have to re-install wow classic again for it to launch without crashing.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Why doesnt it happen when starting from a fresh install?
Something ive also noticed is i cant seem to log in from inside the game, after the game has disconnected me from the game when ive been away for to long…
Sometimes it works, sometimes it just freezes after selecting account.

Hi Geflex,

Most of the time for BSOD errors we direct to Microsoft or a local tech. When the full system shuts off, even if just with our game, there tends to be an issue on the system out of our scope.

With that said, this error looks like it may be due to graphics switching on this computer. What you could try is forcing the game to windowed to see if it helps.

1. Go to Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App WoW tab
  2. Select Game Settings from Option dropdown
  3. in Game Settings, activate the option “Additional command line argument.” Type in: -windowed

If this does not help, I would try a clean install of the Video driver.

You can do this by doing a custom install and a clean install after downloading the new driver above.

Yours,

Arythwinn