Game isnt worth atm

I dont wanna talk for everybody. I just talk for me and from my perspective.
Im a casual player, always playing many alts and sometimes i try to get 1.9k or try to raid. I have no Glad xp, or mythic raiding xp. Maybe for this guys the state of the game is good or not that bad. (i heared raiders are happy with this tier?)

But if you like me have one 217 “main”, 2-4 alts with 170-205 gs, its just not worth your time atm…atleast imo.
Playing unranked arena + bgs getting Gear on characters was so fun at the start right? guess what this many days of many many hours grind is the worst experience i ever had on my alts in wow and i play this game on this casual level for a long time. You will get 1shotted from everyth and after the couple days or weeks of grind you hit 200ilvl… you have to grind Rated arena full of people with 8-10k more hp 1shotting you.

I know in a mmoRPG you have to reward good player and/or player who invested much time in the game. And i 100% agree. But this is in no relation to what new player or alts have to experience. Its so painfull.

For people like me who wanna play the game like every expansion it is not worth atm. Dont waste your time. Bring your classes rdy for 9.1 try your luck there or just unsub and w8. Dont farm bgs or any PVP casual content it is just not worth your time and destroys your mood.
For me im subbed because of classic, and im doing some weeklies on couple chars in retail while im subbed to get rdy for 9.1.
Imagine beeing completly new to wow…poor new player…

26 Likes

This expansion is def not alt/casual friendly in the slightest. If they just closed the gap on gear it would be fine, I don’t think we’ve had such a level jump in gear in one season before this, unless someone could correct me.

5 Likes

100% one of the main reasons yes. And i cant figure out why is it like that. Its maybe the result of so many ressources of different loot and difficulties? Its just pure bad design. I could get in class balance or op abilities which makes the experience so bad but i think it would trigger some people. Overall its just a bad experience for alts or newplayer or player who had to start late.

I started playing my rogue around 3 weeks ago full time and on hitting 60 just spammed BGs over and over. Just basically capping flag bases with sap/blind. As it didn’t need gear to do that.

After got 197 just made loads of RBG groups. Lost a lot. Won enough to get 1600 upgrades.

215 now.

It’s not “hard” to get gear. It’s frustrating when you get killed in a second. But it’s a game. Who cares. Just spawn and go again.

Before long you are the one near the top end.

1 Like

Yes true on my rogue its wasnt that bad. Having invis and the toolkit makes the experience way better. But its only for rogues i think a shaman or idk a DK have it way harder.
I dont say you cant get to the point where you can have “fun” or can compete. But what a bad game design is this?

1 Like

Yeah I found it hellish gearing my shaman - even as resto it was a struggle.

The bgs should have brackets. In particular at low gear levels. 150-200 should be in 1 bracket and 200+ for random BGs. Or scale you down if you want to play with friends.

3 Likes

Personally, having played other MMOs where PVP uses templates, I think WoW should do the same. PVP should be about skill not armour.
Give all players access to the same ilevel (i.e. templates) in pvp and reward the top players with titles, cosmetics, gold, mounts, pets etc.
Armour still counts for PVE, raiding, open world PVP etc.
In PVE you get better gear to face harder dungeons, in PVP you can face the highest geared players straight away - this is just bad design and wrong!

7 Likes

true it’s not difficult but it’s not fun and really too long

A not fun and long game is a good game? I do not think so

4 Likes

Why do you still play then?

(Genuine question)

several factor: covid and because I have been playing this game for a very long time and I am wow addict like a lot of people
(but I’m playing a lot less than before and taking longer breaks, I think I’m not going to play the next patch)

but you have to be crazy to defend the upgradegear atm + legendaire in pvp + covenant, it reminds me of the idiots who said the same for the pve to bfa

(sorry for my english ) )

1 Like

Used to love pvp as resto and feral… However in SL i just cant enjoy pvping with those specs anymore… Mostly bc im low ilvl 212(pvp) …The only spec that let me have some fun on druid is guardian… Bc im not 2-3shoted…

Resto is going well atm. And will be great next patch I think. In 2v2 resto is amazing just now. Necro feral is good atm too.

Covenants are a pain tho. If I had a Druid at max lvl I’d play guardian in PvP. Purely for the reasons you give. They are great tanks in PvP atm.

that is a problem in itself which requires you now to reach 1.8k and slog through 11k conquest points.
If the new patch hits, you are still at a massive disadvantage when season drops. You can farm some honor gear in the first week to catch up I guess, but I don’t know how the new honor gear compares to the current conquest gear ilvl wise.
Hopefully the honor gear is higher than the current max lvl conquest gear?
Otherwise it isn’t even worth starting in the new season as you are already late to the party.

1 Like

I don’t know how anyone plays level 60 BGs. It seems to require inhuman effort to get to any kind of level where you can make a difference, so much PvE required, and all kinds of timegates and obstacles to just getting points and buying gear, like it should be. Borrowed powers and covenant stuff which requires PvE…

Frankly, it’s just so much simpler and easier to play lower brackets. Sure, queue is longer, but at least the game resembles a more normal game from time to time.

In Legion, playing endgame BGs was enormous fun and you could gear that way, too. After that, not so much. In Shadowlands, I just can’t keep up with the Joneses, it would require a PhD in how this game works, and 8 hours a day of PvE grind to get to any kind of similar level to where I was in Legion (mostly by playing BGs and world PvP).

This game has gone so far downhill since Legion, that it feels like we are inside the bottom of a canyon, staring at a really tall mountain next to it, where Legion was the mountain top.

How could they do this, and why did they do this, I still can’t fathom the corporate decisions that lead to the game being made so newbie-unfriendly, casual-hostile, and alt-impossible. Endcame is no longer possible for someone like me, it would be just too much work for too little return.

So I just play lower brackets BGs, and once my characters reach 60, I shelf them and start new ones. Have to probably start deleting characters soon and saying goodbye to my old, faithful, great, nostalgic characters I started with… sob

5 Likes

True. It’s impossible. At least good gear. Juice is not worth the squeeze, so the only REAL solution of having ANY kind of fun in BGs (and that usually entails being stomped 7 or 9 times in a row before 1 win that doesn’t really bring that frown into a smile after so much trauma), is playing lower brackets.

And even that is increasingly ‘unfun’ or whatever opposite of ‘fun’ is. I’d rather just sit and stare at a tree (it’d be more fun) than play these BGs…it can be fun sometimes, but those times are increasingly rare.

1 Like

Want to add here that it is indeed horrible. As always pre-mades against randoms happening too. It’s the usual WoW crap PvP.
Ever since Blizz listened to the “PvP’ers” by removing templates, it’s been this all day every day. Just not worth playing unless you go with a premade group yourself. Then you have fun ruining the time of other people. Amazing design. It’s a spiral of… well you know what.

3 Likes

Anything between 215-226 is competitive gear. And it’s not impossible to achieve. Just needs coordination. You could have higher lvl gear from doing the vault every week. Granted maybe not all with vers. But still.

It’s just not “queue” “join” levels of easy to achieve. Granted.

1. What the most people dont like is the way. it isnt about getting everything for free and having a good time. I get it, it must be something you work for. But come on how bad is the experience untill it gets “fun”? rewarding systems dont have to be so painfull.
  2. Skill makes none - very lil difference untill you get okayish gear. (watch the streamers like Venruki etc. who got smacked without any chance with bad gear) and still yes i think gear should matter but not like this

The systems were fine at the start of the expansion, i would even say there were good. But after so many month they are so bad for new player or alts. They could make it easy better already with more conqu etc. but they dont do it because idk, same like conduit energy.

3 Likes

Problem for me is even after getting gear, the game is not fun. I used to log in and queue random bg for fun. Sometimes you want to log in and just play, not wait to form a rated bg group. Now I log in on 225ilvl hunter and kill someone in 2 globals. It’s not fun. Most games are already decided before the gates even open because the team with more geared players just gy camp the other team. Even with gear it’s not fun to play right now.

7 Likes

we played with templates in Legion, and I loved it. But a lot of ppl cried about it, because they was BAD and couldn’t kill low geared ppl. I guess now they are very happy and feel much better while throwing 1 shots…

3 Likes