Game not installed anymore?

Hello!
I played the game before I went to bed last night, turned off my Mac and turned it on this morning.

All of sudden Battle . net app don’t know if my game is installed but I have the folder for both retail and PTR. I therefore clicked on try find game folder and selected the folder I had already. But then all of sudden it starts to download 55GB of game data? Why?

So now I am waiting for the whole game to download even tho I already have it :slight_smile:

Is it normal that when you turn on and off your Mac that your game disappears and you need to install it again? :rofl:

Edit: No idea why I post from a character I haven’t played for years :lollipop:

1 Like

i have same problem but thing is i just quit game for like few min and when i try to play it again suddenly it start downlaoding whole game again

1 Like

I had the same problem yesterday. First the Classic server stress test got added to the launcher for me. After that I saw a huge update for PTR and paused that obsly late friday cant be asked with installing 55 GB of PTR.

But then I noticed that it also started updating retail for a similar amount… Very strange. Why would it start installing the game again without me ever unistalling it?

I went to look through my SSD to see if the launcher might not have picked up on the game. But to my suprise almost the entire folder was gone. Only 13 GB of world of warcraft left…

Hopefully this isn’t anything that keeps happening, would love to not have to reinstall the game every day

1 Like

i have whole like 60gb on Disc but it still installign whole game i dont udnerstand why

It just happend to me right now. I turned off the game for like 1 hour, then I wanted to play it again. But guess what, almost everything in “data” folder is missing. Only 5gb of data is left there. Now I have to download pretty much the whole game again.

I got similar problem, yesterday right before they added av in client for beta testing, i played wow without problem, and now when i log in it starts to download game (in client it not showing it at all that there is a new updated to download) but in game i cant see half mobs/spells etc and there is on mid of my screen showing that there is a download in background…

Heya,

If this happens again, please double check the folder/driver that you install you have the Blizzard App and the game itself installed in. Make sure it is not set to a temporary folder (such as Temp).

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

After the download, my wow folder is 68 GB, and yesterday it was ~40 GB, idk what to do, i dont want to reinstall game and download it again, and it take to much space on my ssd.

The folder seemed normal to me xD That’s why I was a bit confused and asked for help here :slight_smile:

I’ll look carefully if it happens again.

<3