Garrosh vs Sylvanas

Hey guys, this isn’t a direct comparison between the two, I just wanted to get your thoughts on the story line of the expansions of wod/mists, and BFA. I’m making this comparison because the story line has parrallels that may or may not be of any meaning in the grand scheme of BFA.

My personal opinion is that the story arc of Garrosh was much more compelling than what we have now of Sylvanas. They both committed war crimes and both had controversy in the Horde but I feel that Garrosh had a much more solid story line through the expansion. I believe this because his intentions were always well known; he wanted a ‘better’ and more ‘pure’ horde.

In the case of Slyvanas, we do not know what she wants or what she is doing. Yes there is speculation on this but that is all there is at this point. Her entire story and motivations are still clouded after years and years of extremely slow character development which seems to have condensed in BFA into her just performing extreme actions for no real benefit to her or the Horde.

She has a distaste for the Horde in general and I personally find her character extremely boring and 1 dimensional.

I’m aware her storyline is going to carry weight in the grand scheme of the Blizzard storyline but I’d love to know what you all think of how her story shapes up compared to that of Garrosh. I personally enjoy Garrosh’s story and can understand his motivations behind his actions, and Blizzard did a good job in making us understand why he did what he did and why he needed to be stopped. In the case of Sylvanas, no one knows what she is doing, why she is doing it or why any one playing the game should really care.

Is she simply a horde character gone wrong that we end up killing? Probably in my opinion.

When I re watch the WOD cinematic I feel a pang of emotion when you see Garrosh and what he has done in order to get to this point, the planning he must of done with Grommash to get to this point of convincing the entire Horde of how to unite against Gul Dan and drinking the fel blood. There is huge back story behind this, such a shame the expansion didn’t deliver.

Anyway would love to hear your opinions on this, I’m not saying Blizzard are wrong with how they are going with BFA, I just feel that Garrosh had such a strong character in comparison and Sylvanas feels extremely weak as a character in comparison.

Well, to put into perspective,

I personally don’t give a damn about either Sylvanas or Saurfang or Garrosh. but you might be quite right on the ‘gone wrong’ idea. in that, one of the reasons why even fans of the Warchief are disliking the move is because - despite what she has done both past and present - she has been doing them here and now with questionable decision making.

Add in all the stuff the non-fans believe and you have a character that is in general not really being likeable and is continued to lose favour.

Not gonna make guesses on Garrosh, but he too was kind of like this. But i’m not sure to what extent.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.