General QoL updates i hope to see in 9.0

hello forum dwellers,

at this point we know pretty much what will be in the 8.2 patch, even if it is still 6 months away. Naga raid, new zone, Azerite update. That’s it. I think it is fair to look forward to 9.0 at this point in time and talk about what we want to see changed for it, as BFA is over, in terms of in-game-systems.

This is not about classes/specs/races/faction/story…not even about content. I just want to list what IN MY OPINION some general game-system-updates would be that i would like to see. So here goes.

1. Serverwide Reagent Bank
    Waiting for this since the RB was introduced. Sending stuff around toons is not fun. I don’t see how anybody benefits from it not being serverwide. Split it by faction if you must (though with xFaction AH i don’t see that much reason to do so) but even with a faction split it would still be SO much better to have 1/2 bigger Reagent Bank/s shared by all toons. Please make it happen, Blizzard.
  2. Class-Macros
    Same as (1) - been waiting for this for YEARS. I would argue that most macros people use are in fact class based. So obviously they would want the same macro on each toon of that class. Currently you have to shove all of these macros into the global space - which sucks. It just sucks. I want to see a third tab in the macros window for class. That’s all. Really not a huge change, but would improve my wow experience by quite a lot.
  3. BOA Archaeology
    Less prominent than 1+2, but still. Please make this profession account-wide, Blizzard. All rewards of it are BOA, anyway. Do you REALLY think there is a sizeable number of players who do archaeology with more than one toon? I’ll be honest here: I think Archaeology is a pretty good concept…but in modern WoW Blizzard seems to expect us to switch our mains each expansion. Having a profession that only awards account-bound stuff character-specific with such a HUGE time investment behind it is just a turn-off to even start with it. I wager more people would do archaeology from time to time if it was acc-based. What i mean by that is that the profession with everything that belongs to it only exists ONCE per account and every character uses this same profession.
    At the very least the achievements should become truely account-based (“blue”). Most players never did Archeology and won’t care…and those who did will probably be grateful or don’t care, either.
  4. General Bag-Management
    Making the Reagent Bank serverwide would go a long way…but i think even then in my opinion active players need to spend too much time managing their bags. There are several small updates i could think of to help here. E.g. an option to highlight BOP stuff that is not part of an equipment set. But most of that can be done with addons. Still, i think Blizzard should probably keep this bullet in mind as there have been genuinely times when i wanted to play a toon, logged in, saw that my bags were full and i simply could not be bothered to clean them up - so i logged off.

Those are my main expectations for 9.0 for generic game-system-updates. What are yours? Add/comment what you feel would be improvements to general QoL in 9.0 and beyond.

cheers

5 Likes

+1 from me

+1 from me

+1 from me :smiley:

+1 and couldnt agree more .

1 Like

Connection of all low population servers possible.

6 Likes

I would like a solution to the name situation on popular realms.

3 Likes

I like yours. Those are nice QoLs.

I’d like account-wide gold myself. It’s always a hassle when you have to move gold from various characters to bid on something expensive on the AH.

4 Likes

This.

I truly would move realm, if I could keep the name, but that one’s a dealbreaker. No “Gráinne”, no realm change. Not for my mage. I could make a new character, even another female night elf mage, with a different name on another realm, but the name is part of the character, and even after the butchers of the “art” team screwed her up, she is still who she is.

If we had optional surnames, even relatively limited ones, it would be a whole 'nother story.

3 Likes

In what way bag management? You can assign bags to do stuff in the current game and we have that horrendous sort all button that I disable on every character :laughing:

Sell junk button. Why do we not have this yet?

Agree with account wide reagents and gold.

However for professions, I see no issue just having a secondary professions character. I plan to make one as my next project (HMT for dat fish buff).

And finally, the most important thing (imo) of all… smart. loot.
Oh hey you want some epic trousers? Oh wait you already got those? Let’s see you need bracers and a cloak ROLL THE DICE BADUMBADUM EPIC CLOAK FOR YOOOOU!! Next time bracers!

2 Likes

i am so ashamed to say i didnt know that how long has that been a thing ? :frowning:

Years, I honestly can’t remember when it came in.

My favorite QoL thing i am waiting for are PVP servers

u must think iam so dumb i didn t even know lol

We can disable the sort all button? How is this done?

Yeah I found that out the hard way, when my beautifully organised bags got resorted into that horrible mess :laughing:

If you click on the bag icon (top left corner of every open bag), there is a menu and it has a tick box that says ‘ignore clean up bags’.

You have to do it for every individual bag but then you are safe forever!!!

2 Likes

There is already a solution for names in connected realms, the original realm is added to the name of the character to differenciate in the same connected realm between players with the same name before those realms were connected.

Why would you disable this?? You have them so neatly organised with this button!! Equipment bag, resource bag… it’s wonderful!

I don’t find that way of organising neat or organised. I find it a complete mess of stuff all bunched up together.

If you like that it’s great but I have my bags organised into a very specific way that suits me :wink:

2 Likes

Lol just like my mum. I look and see a mess and scream, she has it very specific.

1 Like

nope, they’d have to effectively remove reams and you;d get less space overall.

Yes! So mauch of my general space is used by class speicifc macros.

Yes, together with cooking and fishing. Arch is a failed profession, rather like inscription but that’s another story. There’s no benefit to levelling it with other chars as any good reward is already BoA.

Would be so nice!

All ideas here have been good as well. I would like to expand “account wide reagent bank” to also have also have account wide bank vault for any stuff you want to share with your alts.

I also wish: instant mounting, actual autoloot (you dont have to pick loot, it goes to your bag automatically) option, getting flying from start of the expansion. Just to mention few.

Gráinne, i share your opinion with name. I would rather quit that lose names of my oldest characters (some newer alts no biggy). If they cannot connect realms with similar tech they did before and would go to forged transfers, it would probably make lot of other people angry too.