[Updated 27 Aug.] Get the Shadowlands Collector’s Edition

Basically what Mclovin said. I have already forked out £70 for the digital deluxe edition and I pay a rolling 6 monthly subscription too. If I could purchase the physical stuff for the remainder of the price, CE-DD, then I would jump at it but then having to faff about with Blizz balance is a big no from me.

For me that would then set me back another £10 against the 'discount I already get for paying 6 monthly.

Yes I do get that.
It’s something Blizz definitely should’ve informed about that when buying the epic edition you can’t refund it because of the game time it included.
Good workaround, or at least you’d think, would’ve been to allow the refund but at reduced cost, the amount of game time worth.

2 Likes

Indeed. It is the Blizz balance thing that makes it not appealing to me.

I don’t think you understand what Haze said.
If you bought the £35 base edition of shadowlands, and then upgraded it to epic at a later date before buying the collectors edition, even though you spent £70 on the game already (just like if you had bought the epic edition straight off the bat), Blizzard will only give you £35 of credit.
And that is pretty scummy.

2 Likes

That is very confusing indeed but you’re right I didn’t get that and that is, indeed, a scummy move.

Sorry Haze.

2 Likes

The CE game price in the UK is £109.99. I bought the epic digital version straight out.

Is this article saying that if I choose to upgrade, Blizzard will return the original digital purchase’s cost to my Blizzard balance, and then I just add the extra 40/50 quid or whatever it is to my blizzard balance and use the Key to purchase the collectors edition when its available ?

Are these gauranteed or limited number ? and how does it work with me already “owning” the game…do they just send me the physical goodies ?

Not familiar with collectors edition at all tbh, apologies if I’m rambling.

1 Like

As this was sold out in the EU blizzard store i went and ordered it from the US store. I am guessing that the code i get will not work on a EU account? Is that correct or are the codes universal?

No you have to pay the £110 and when you use the key, blizzard will return the money you paid on your digital copy of the game to you as blizzard credit.
So if you already own the epic edition, to buy the collectors edition you would have spent £180 over all.

3 Likes

Holy moly lol thanks for the reply before I went and done something stupid.

Never in a million years would I pay over 180 scoops for any game, anywhere hahaha better luck next time activision :stuck_out_tongue:

What an overpriced piece of garbage, it’s on Amazon for nearly £110, I’ve bought every collectors edition since cataclysm and the only thing this has that those didn’t is the pins, those pins likely aren’t worth the extra £50 shoved onto of the normal price.

1 Like

This is pretty disappointing. I’ve already bought the Epic Edition. Why do I have to pay 100+ more euros just to get a few extra physical items?

And no, I don’t need nor care about Blizzard Balance. It’s useless to me. The price should simply be lowered to 40 euros if you have the epic edition.

4 Likes

I know atleast i havent bought it,all the options are overpriced,the base version is 5euro cheaper then previous but has no more boost included.
ANd the others arent worht the increased price.
And the collectors edition is way to high aswell.

Also im still not sure il ever buy/play Sl’s cause i havent seen anything that would me loose my fears i have of expac ,or convince me its worth and will be a good expac.
Like the dev stream i went in with 0expactations still got disapoited and only made me lean so much more in never bother with Sl’s.

No thanks.

2 Likes

Artbook and some pins for 120€? Nope.

3 Likes

Dear Blizzard

If you are going to switch to a digital soundtrack and no longer include a physical CD in the physical CE - then the very least you can do is update the digital soundtrack as the expansion continues.

Please show some of your most dedicated fans that these CE’s aren’t just a cashgrab.

5 Likes

Out of stock :frowning: Any chance of more coming. Wish to purchase one as a present.

1 Like

You could buy 180 days of Game Time from the shop. It costs the same as your subscription, and you could buy it up with your Blizzard Balance (that you’d get from the refund of the digital version).

2 Likes

It looks lovely but I’m not a collector myself. I love all the digital goodies.

But in Europe you can’t even buy it! Is there a chance to upgrade to collectors if you have already bought the epic edition somehow?

But can I buy 6 months worth of game time for £52 with Blizz balance? As far as i can see with Blizz balance I am forced to buy monthly chunks at £10, so I am overall I would be paying £70 in Blizz balance for what would normally cost me only £60.

Obviously I might be wrong on this and that there is, indeed, an option to pay for 6 months at the same price as the rolling sub but I cannot see it.

1 Like