Getting gear for offspec in M+

Just to be clear on this. When I run a M+ dungeon as, say, frost and then when it’s finished, before opening the chest I change my spec to, say, fire - will I (provided I am lucky in general) be given fire spec loot from the chest despite the fact I just ran the instance as frost?

Just set your loot spec to fire. The loot you get is based on the loot spec, not on the spec you are plying with.

Also, there currently is no distinction between DPS spec loot.
Cloth is cloth, rings are rings, difference can only be shield or no shield (on certian classes) and trinkets that are made especially for heal or tank.
As a DPS only class, your loot table is the same no matter the spec you want to loot for.

This might be true for mages, but not for every DPS spec, for example Frost DK and UH DK get different weapons, same goes for rogues - outlaw gets different weapons. Not to mention enh/ele shamans and feral/balance druids, completely different weapons/trinkets. But you’re prolly right that the loot spec for mages and locks doesn’t matter at all.

Doesn’t matter one bit! Except the icon in the corner of the loot on the notifaction thingy. I like having a fireball for mine.

But on other classes yh whatever spec you are when you loot is what you’d get. If you right click on your name though, you can choose loot spec which allows you to power through in main spec and loot your healer off spec for example.

Also you can’t change spec in a m+ unless you leave the instance change and go back in

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.