Getting ready for arena as a fresh 120

Can someone recommend the fastest way to get ready for arena?

I tried googling this but theres so much information and so many terms that I do not understand.

I am used to reaching max lvl and just doing bgs and arenas for gear.

Help

Yeah, that doesn’t work anymore. You need to grind M+ and do your best to cap some arena with the PVE gear which you’ll gather from other sources.

Do the heroic warfront (Darkshore) as well. Once you are 465+ you can start thinking about serious pushing, seeing as the 1500+ brackets are full of mythic raider geared apes PVE-ing everything down.

5 Likes

Run mythic + dungeons and pray for rng god to give you loot from chest. If you get loot pray for little more rng god to give 1 socket place for gem. Last but not least pray for god to give right corruption. If you get corruption give final little prayer for it to be right rank. When you get all of these, then you can do fine. And don’t forget those trinkets. They are deadly.

Ps. Try to run mythics with friends. If you dont have much points in raider io-score, most likely you will not get invite for dungeons.

it takes 3-4 months of farming to get the minimum gear required to be viable in arena, i would just wait for shadowlands

2 Likes

You’re about to embark on an epic 2 month PvE journey to get the gear, essences and corruption you need to play 1 game of arena.

Blizzard 2020

3 Likes

Fresh 120
1: Do the war campaign,weekly island expedition (neck lvls)
2: do the legendary cloak questline (neck lvls,cloak,introduction to 8.3)
3: do your daily missions in Vale & Uldum for Coalescing visions
4: Once you have enough of #3, visit wrathion in silithus chamber of heart and start doing visions.
5. While all this is happening, find time for Mythic+/normal-heroic raids (pref join a guild)
6. Again while all this is happening, you have to pick an essence or 2 outside the ones available with the alternative grinding method and farm those.
7. You can play arenas to your heart’s content after 6 weeks~

1 Like

I’d say it depends on what his goal is.

I recently returned and did a quick 2100 with me being 450-455 most of the way and my partner 445-455 along the way. It sucks and you will lose even though you punish mistake after mistake from the opponents, as 99% of them have many or all of the following: 470+ ilvl, vitality conduit, OP corruptions, OP PvE trinkets, using fotm comps, best essences, good traits etc, but it’s doable.

If you plan on going high ratings though, then it’s another matter.

Of course I advice to get gear first though if possible, if you want a more pain free journey. Also I think the season will be a long one, no need to wait for next expansion.

Yes buy mythic Nyalotha boosts and pray you get the best corruptions. Stand in middle of arena and let your corruptions do the work for you.

thanks starting following these

That’s a juicy transmog. Please make your way to Goldshire for further details. Warmode ON wink wink

he is a bit sarcastic you know … All he said is true, but do you realize you are going to spend 95% of your time playing PVE in order to play PVP?

Even then how may seem to you a scenario like this in arena: i m with my resto shaman, only 444 ilvl, my team with 28 interrupts, 21 dispels, 17 crowd controls, while enemy team with 4 interrupts, zero dispels, 3 crowd controls and they simple win at the the end , doing actually nothing but standing in the middle with their big fatty raid gear and doing damage and heal and use their new corruption toys?

DO you really like playing that kind of “pvp” as they do?

M+and raid maybe u have a Guild or Friends they can help u

As someone recently told me you can be in 1 week 470 and you are also supposed to be paying for a +15s carry once you ding 120
also find more friends that boost you more 15s and mythic raid in green gear

they said its very easy and little effort till you can play pvp.

Reroll DH!

Play DH and you will quickly earn the dh exlusive r1 title: Dodgeful gladiator , kappa

There is no fast way. Prepare yourself for few months of grinding essences, traits, corruptions etc. xD

Depends how high you expect to push i guess, you Can do fine with non optimized gear on lower mmr, and the gearing part takes like a week if u got Essences on main

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.