Geya'rah - Involve her in the future story

If orcs are tyrants for claiming leadership over the Ogres by using the Ogre-culture then yes.

Uhm, everyone else on Draenor who didn’t wish to follow their dogmatic form of Light-worship?

1 Like

Not claiming leadership.

"Subjugating".

Using fancy names won’t change that.

This is funny because Mag’har are playable, while Lightbound are NOT.

Playable Draenei have NOTHING to do with Yrel or the Lightbound, so what are going on about?

AU Draenor’s Draenei are NOT MU Draenei. It is not going to change no matter how much it suits your claims.

1 Like

he spoke about the AU-Draenei.

Oh, I don’t think he did.

1 Like

Subjugation =|= Tyranny.

Specially regarding primitive societies (and the fantasy worlds that are created around them).

Specially if they are allowed to keep their former leaders and figureheads, such as it happened with the Ogre clans under Grommash and Geyarah.

you even quoted him

Oh crap, I did.

Sorry, my bad :slight_smile:

Yeah, AU Draenei are doing that too.

You have a tendency to stretch everything beyond oblivion so no conclusions can ever be reached.

Going by your logic, AU Draenei forceful conversion of Orcs is fine, because Orcs are a primitive society all about subjugating and conquest and they are just receiving what they firmly believe in - war.

Also, killing all orcs, trolls and tauren is also perfectly fine, because they are “primitive” societies oscillating largely around the idea of your primal inner self. Their shamans use “Bloodlust” after all, invoking that primal nature. Being conquered and killed is a natural part of natural world.

Your logic is actually awesome, because a little more stretch to it, and killing every single Horde member can be seen as perfectly understandable.

1 Like

no problem, it’s hard to keep track of what one reads/writes sometimes. I know that from myself. :wink:

3 Likes

When did I say anything is fine? I just said that subjugation doesn’t equal tyranny.

Subjugation is referring to bring under complete control or subjection; conquer; master.
Tyranny on the other hand is the arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power; despotic abuse of authority.

Regarding ogres, even if the first happened, we lack evidence regarding the second.

Just admit it already, you are jealous of the AU Draenei because they do all the stuff to the races of Draenor you would like them to do on Azeroth with the Horde too. :wink:

1 Like

It kind of does.

Forcefully so. So - tyranny.

… Which is subjugation.

Is there a single Horde-related event/person/anyting that you won’t defend until your last breath?

1 Like

Quiet, you’ll blow my cover.

And noooo, I am all about peace and love and friendship and understanding and blah blah blah.

1 Like

What about honor?

There are examples both ingame and IRL regarding how subjugation didn’t equal tyranny.
Thoradin subjugated several human tribes when creating what came to be the Arathor empire. But wasn’t a tyrant nor ruled as such.
Even made some of those tribal leaders into prominent commanders of his army.

We have plenty other RL examples, ranging from the Romans, to more recent civilisations.

Subjugation refers to the act of bringing under someone’s rule any collective or faction. Tyranny refers to the way anyone or anything is ruled.

Ogres were subjugated/conquered by the orc clans. Are there any sources that point at their rule as being a tyrannical one?

When addressed in what I consider a wrong way…I don’t think so.
Just as I’d probably do likewise with any other story.

It is good to know that you form your opinions and stances on the basis of perceived personal grievances, rather then the strength of arguments.

1 Like

I wasn’t referring to myself or any personal thing.

I was talking about having any Horde related event/person/anything being addressed in the wrong way.

I see. And who are you to decide what is the “right way” of addressing events within a video game?

1 Like

A player that will argue against other players, and bring the arguments I consider valid to showcase my stance or discuss why I consider the opposite one wrong.

Such is expected in a forum created to discuss story. From me, and any other player involved in it.

Basically, if someone has a differing opinion, he risks being trolled to death, because you consider only your own opinion valid or what?

I have seen you ignoring counter-arguments more then once.

1 Like

Arguing against, isn’t the same as being trolled.
Trolling implies an intention to upset people on the Internet, distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages.
Which, doesn’t equate to arguing against.

Saying “All Maghar are tyrants”, qualifies more as trolling than arguing against it.

Having an opposing opinion, and expose the reasons as to why any player feels vindicated to think such, isn’t the same as trolling.

I’d expect that in any discussion, both sides consider the position they argue for, as the valid one. That’s the whole point of discussing or arguing about anything.
What’s the point of any forum if everything is to be consensual?

Maybe. As everyone else here has done repeatedly. Would say that most of the time it would probably be about me simply missing said points, or considering them sidetracking argumental fallacies.
But, I guess that everyone has their own personal bias and pictures whatever happened on those occasions differently.

Doubt I’m doing this atm, mind you.
And I fail to see what any of this has to do with the argument of this topic.

1 Like