GG classic

First of all, while reddit represents only a small percentage of actual players, it tends to represent the most hardcore percentage. And those hardcore players overwhelmingly opted for PvP servers - even more so in EU than in US. And this was a known fact for anyone who followed Monday recruit threads since March 2019 or so (I was recruit officer for my own guild, so I obviously did, but I prolly would have even if I was just a player looking for a guild/server).

Even a minority of players, if it’s hardcore enough, can impact a server severely. Guilds like Apes etc. have enough power and commitment to completely wipe away entire zones if they wish so. 2-3 of these is literally all it takes to turn a server’s high level zones into an open-air battleground.

This gets even sillier when you consider that the OP said that he started playing later than launch. By then, census data for most servers was known, and they showed a moderate-to-severe dominance of Horde on all PvP servers, and a moderate-to-severe dominance of Alliance on all PvE servers. Not that it was unpredictable, for anyone knowing a bit about Classic and its factions, but the data was literally there for the OP to find out if he had bothered.

Literally everyone and their mother, by now, have said all the possible variations of “You should have known” one can think of - I don’t know how many more arguments you need to know in order to understand how foreseeable of an outcome it was unless you had your head buried under the sand for all this time.

2 Likes

You should have know there is a POSSIBILLITY of factions being imbalanced when rolling on a PvP server. That should’ve compelled you to get informed before choosing one. Nowhere does Blizzard guarantee that factions will be balanced since that depends on players themselves.

Also, as I’ve said earlier, you could’ve rolled on PvE or medium/low pop PvP servers which would’ve solved the issue too.

This is your fault lol.

1 Like

Like i said, their are way too many variables in the day to day lives of that many people for you to simply say “do some research” Im willing to bet over 3/4 of classic players did no server research before rolling, there are far too many casuals, with busy lives outside of wow for them to even think about that. You’re clearly not one of them people, hence your responses, its easy for you to say those things when your life revolves around wow, you have that “insider knowledge” but expecting everyone else to do that research etc, just because you have, is narrow minded.

2 Likes

Lol @ all the projecting.

If you didn’t consider the possibility of factions not being balanced, you can only blame yourself. :>

1 Like

It’s easy for horde to say you should of blah blah. Don’t see any alliance saying this.

Think that speaks for itself. The answer others are saying, you should of gone on a pve server rather than a pvp server doesn’t solve the faction imbalance issue, it’s just running away from it. I wanna burn some fools in the world, not go to each shared base and just see horde and no alliance lol

1 Like

Why should have i known? I cant see into the future you plank, no one could predict it, at the most very loosely. And the people that did guess right is such a small hardcore minority in comparrison. That arguement is bull.
It was a problem 15 years ago but it shouldnt be a problem now. Not my fault blizzard didnt implement a solution.

1 Like

Allies have disagreed with your entitlement too, just scroll up a bit :wink:

1 Like

Don’t get too mad, you might get a stroke lol. You should’ve expected that factions might not be balanced. You should’ve looked into available data if it’s a big deal for you. You should’ve transfered somewhere if you had a chance.

It’s just logical to expect that there might be faction imbalance on PvP servers since it’s entirely player driven. If you couldn’t figure that out, hope you’ll at least learn from your mistakes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It takes longer to get to lvl 10 than to do that kind of research. If it’s too unimportant for you despite the time you’re gonna invest into getting to 60, then you’re the only one to blame for the poor weighing of your own time

2 Likes

Im not angry mate at all, just emphasising how dense you are.
I understand all the possibilities of unbalanced servers, but why should i have to do all that? Just to play a game? Having to research In the hope of rolling on a fairly balanced server? Having to reroll if i dont find balance? Or transfer? Thats something that should not be happening in this game after so long.
Like i said its an old problem that should have been sorted in time for release by “blizzard”

These people would argue the sky is green though to be fair x

It’s a MMORPG. You’re supposed to do some research if you wanna enjoy it. Research about the classes, the gameplay the professions, the dungeons and so on.

You’re literally telling me that you can spend 150+ hours getting to 60 but you can’t spare 1-2 of those hours, at most, to make sure the other 150 are not going to suck?

1 Like

What an idiotic post. If you don’t bother to check for unbalanced servers, you might end up with, you know, an unbalanced server

Why put effort into researching something if you can blame Blizzard and other players for your decision?

muh its just a game argument

ugh

1 Like

I kinda agree blizz should have done something. Tbh i had no idea it would be this unbalanced. But you can still transfer to 4 different servers and this time you know you can research which suits you better first. Not much more blizz can do now really, it seems, unless they wanna force people.

1 Like

I spilled my milk and got rly upset about it! I complained on the forums and made a ticket with Blizzard about it. That will show them!

1 Like

Amazing! Cheers for the bump! Let’s keep this topic on top so something gets done about it xx

The idiot calling others idiot?! :man_facepalming: You can’t research new servers from day 1 you muppet.

please point out to me where you mentioned this being day 1

That goes hand in hand, of course people will research the game etc, ffs mate, clutching at straws much? What im saying for the umpteenth time is, why should people have to preemptively research server pops when the games not even released?! When blizz could have implemented a new system to make for fairer balance.

Well seeing as im lv50 i wouldnt exactly say ive just started, you get me? :man_facepalming: