GG classic

You missed the point there. I’m talking about measures that were placed before having to band so with transfers.

Faction imbalance was a very big problem for PVP in vanilla too. Unfortunately Blizzard decided not to adress for the classic launch. By now it is too late. The only way to effectively adress this issue would’ve been population control at launch.

2 Likes

It’s bad but it’s not horrible. If you’re in a good guild and/or your faction manages to organise PvP groups you should be able to at least fight back. I reckon Blizzard will rush BGs before the projected timeline, unfortunately, because there will be “OMFG UNPLAYABLE” threads all over the place quite soon.

2 Likes

Wow was born thinking that most of the peeps would have rolled onto alliance chars (better looking) thereby Horde --> more powerful racials than alliances.

Now on Classic peeps rolled horde knowing about racials > rest.
Thereby pvp population largely favours horde. Now you can even be some junk but throwing a ton of junk over someone will get that someone killed.

What I do fear is that ally will feel unable to play at all, thereby quitting (world pvp) for unenjoyability of the game. This will lead to horde finding no one to pvp with. Something is getting face smashed 1:1, another thing is feeling outnumbered constantly 2:1 or 3:1 .
Blizzard ought to consider to implement something to reduce disparity or will pay the consequences (people quitting game and since many peeps, such me, does not play retail, quitting account payments).

3 Likes

Some good and valid points. Well that’s the problem, the higher ended areas for 60 is a constant one sided war zone. You land at Nigel’s point searing gorge and you are met with a swarm of horde corpse camping you straight off the griffin.

People say say it’s your fault for not checking server pops but most people didn’t even know they could. And even then it’s largely changeable and almost random due to transfers, new players and people that didn’t submit on reddit.

Then people say you should of got 60 to avoid this. Well this is happening at the 60 locations so level and timing is irrelevant.

Let’s see ow it plays out. I love the game and I don’t want it to go one way and kill a pvp server.

Noggenfogger is just about the same ratio as Gandling according to the census I found on Wowhead - At max level it really does not seem that bad to me, although it’s clear that the ratio isn’t completely 50/50. Having potions and asking for help from your fellow alliance players helps a lot.
Here’s a few things you can do to combat the issue while levelling:

• Try to level through dungeons.
  • Team up with other alliance players while levelling out in the world. (general chat is your friend!)
  • Make friends with a few higher level players that would like to come kill the people that are killing you. This becomes relevant as phase 2 is coming soon, and the hordes killing you are level 48 or higher, because killing these people will award honor.
  • Join a nice big guild.

Doesn’t completely fix the issue, but seeing as the issue is part of the game, I wouldn’t get my hopes up about this being “fixed” any time soon. But as mentioned, you will enjoy the benefit of short BG queues soon enough.
Edit: Suprisingly, it seems there’s actually horde only character transfers available on a number of servers, so Blizzard is actually doing something.

1 Like

There is already a solution and it works great - Roll PvE.

I’ve posted numerous times about this but there’s no way around it. People like to Win especially when they are playing another person when they don’t they’ll either quit, stop trying or move themselves to another server, exacerbating the problem. It’s unrealistic to expect players to “police themselves”. I’ll be willing to have a 1000 gold bet with you that they’ll be a daily post somewhere on Battlenet starting before P3 that Blizzz need to fix this, balance that, can’t do this or that with out getting ganked yada yada yada and so on and so on. I feel like the only sighted man in room full of blind people.

In Summary, only role PvP if you truly love wPvP - Win, lose or draw, fair or unfair with or without a realistic chance of success.

Yeah, lets just lock the PVP servers 1 month after launch, we wouldn’t want people to join in late would we.

1 Like

Well the faction imbalance is rought if you wanna do things solo like mine ores. Or round up quests anywhere.
At the same its just a fact that it exists, like gravity. You may not like it but that wont change a thing.
Find a way to deal with it and have your own fun. Go make your own 5-10 man strike force and harass people around felwood or winterspring. Bring a zerg group and grind out BRM.
When lower in numbers you just need to be better organised.

1 Like

Well, they can but they should know what it implies. They could have always picked a low pop realm

the goal is keeping these threads alive so that actions are taken towards fixing this.

1 Like

I love how everybody is like “omg alliance are gonna start crying and stop playing”, when everything suggests that even on horde dominated servers, alliance are a million times more organized.

Also, sorry, why the flip would you play on a pvp server, REGARDLESS OF FACTION BALANCE, if you’re afraid of being murdered in the open world?

That’s, like, THE MAIN DRAW of a PvP server. Did people seriously think “so I’m pvp enabled 24/7, but only for fair fights” when rolling on PvP servers?

You roll PvP, you expect to get destroyed for the entirety of your existence there. Any playtime not spent dead is bonus time.

I think they should merge servers together and give people free transfers

1 Like

A lot of players have kind of duped themselves into thinking that all WoW servers are PVP or that no one plays PVE servers. Not helped by Blizzard not putting up many PVE servers.

Because people like you and Zalanji mix it up in your head. We want the world pvp we want to get murdered and murder others.

What we don’t want is 20 horde at each zone and no alliance. Why is this so hard for people to get into their heads!

The solution is not changing to a pve realm. Good god people are dim

2 Likes

Here’s what I don’t get about a lot of these world PVP complaint threads (both in Classic and Retail)

Let’s open a new server, call it Utopia-PVP.

Blizzard hardcodes it so that there are exactly 1000 Horde slots and 1000 Alliance slots. No BNet account(or linked account) can have more than one toon on that server.

Faction S decides one day to put together 3 or 4 20 man groups and camp a few zones and as Faction T builds up a group of their own to combat this Faction S just rolls all the groups together.

Within 24 hours there will be players complaining about getting ganked, about grouping being unfair in PVP, asking for no honour to be earned in raid groups / in 5 man groups / in groups of 2 or more etc.

No matter how balanced a server population is there will never be a fair fight in World PVP. There will always be 2:1 / 3:1 / 5:1 / 20:1. Why is this still news to people on a daily basis?

3 Likes

You’re correct about the unfair part sometimes. No one on pvp servers minds that.

As I’ve Just this second stated and will have to say again, it’s not the nature of the pvp server we are complaining about or the ganking. It’s the consistency and ratio of it always being horde, due to an unbalance in server pop numbers.

Many of us has things that takes up more time and are more precious than a PC game.

1 Like

What you really mean is that many of you chose not to spend 2.5 hours a day on average since release on a PC game. Most people can do that if they really want to. Most people who “can’t” just prefer to spend their time on other things.

What you really mean is you choose to not understand that the horde:alliance ratio is efed up at any level, so getting to 60 has absolutely no relevance to this discussion.

1 Like