GG classic

also lol wow this thread is so derailed

Thank you for your constructive and well thought input.

an unconstructive post in this thread, among the other 95% of posts on this thread after it became an entertaining verbal battle on an unrelated topic

An analogy of the opening post.

“I want CHICKEN VINDALOO!”

“You realise that chicken vindaloo is extremely hot? Are you absolutely sure? Many people are unable to eat it, because it’s too hot”

" Yes, yesI want CHICKEN VINDALOO"

“There are several milder dishes available instead…”

“No I want CHICKEN VINDALOO”

“Very well, one chicken vindaloo coming right up”

… later…

“WTF??? I can’t eat this it’s too hot! It burns my mouth!”

4 Likes

Such a bandwagon response from the privileged. The game revolves around two factions. Once we start all jumping ship because we watched a YouTube video saying if you want to pvp hen you need to go horde, then the game in terms of pvp would fall flat on its face.

1 Like

I’ve always found it ironic how people keep shouting how they are “adults with responsabilities” yet they refuse to take responsibility for their own choice of rolling on a pvp server. “It’s blizz’s fault it’s the gankers fault don’t tell me I’m wrong!”

You knew full well you will be ganked. You also knew full well about the imbalances of pvp servers. This dream you had about fair and engaging pvp is a complete non-reality. You can complain about the ‘no lifers’ that got to 60 before you, but you’re talking about the majority of most servers.

Honestly, you’re not showing off to be the most responsible adult when you’re crying on the forums like a child.

2 Likes

Get over it, just quit wow, whatever fullfils you.

3 Likes

Nah I’d rather play alliance on a pvp server Thankyou. Cheers for the bump privileged

here you go, here’s your issue:

Joining a PvP server gives you one promise: In contested zones, the opposite faction is attackable. Here’s a list of things that are NOT promised:

• engaging in a fair battle against exactly one member of the horde
  • being ganked by a group of 20 horde

it would be nice if the first outcome always happened, but it’s not a reasonable thing to ask for. I think you’ve signed up to a PvP server with the wrong idea if you’re unhappy with the fact that groups of 20 horde can gank you

Lol I guess i’m privileged too huh

2 Likes

There you go fixed that for you.

1 Like

Sweet sweet alliance tears. /lick

2 Likes

I’m not saying I didn’t expect to be ganked sometimes. Again you like a few other on here have missed the point. I’ve played pvp servers back in the vanilla days and it wasn’t as unbalanced as it is. It’s not a case of you gank and sometimes get ganked. It’s a case of all you see is horde and no alliance.

You’re no privileged, you’re just simple minded I guess

Well, to use your analogy;

The point here is that alliance are obviously not informed by blizzard that the chicken vindaloo is extremely hot. Most of them did pick a PVP realm to enjoy PVP, and not to be farmed down constantly because they are often (strongly) underrepresented.

Oh look here, another person enters the discussion on his high horse. At least bring in some valid points when you do, because your message is basically contentless.

But yeah, I see that you manage to bring up two lines in your post that are actually on topic which are: “You also knew full well about the imbalances of pvp servers. This dream you had about fair and engaging pvp is a complete non-reality.”

Not all PVP servers are imbalanced, I think a WoW veteran or someone that did some investigation into PVP realms might come to the conclusion that there are generally more Horde on PVP realms. I think it is unrealistic to expect this from anyone, I also think this is not something that should be expected. To be honest I think that Blizzard should at least try to create something that is close to an equal playground on each realm, or else give a solution to escape a situation that is bad and they could not realistically expect.

1 Like

this is also not promised. it is you who has missed the point.

the idea that you join a pvp server and then throw your hands up in the air when a faction dominates is silly. it’s unfortunate that horde dominate, but that’s how it is.

imagine someone offers me a contract which would allow me to fly, but i might get punched in the face sometimes. I want to fly, so I sign the contract.

Unfortunately, I get punched in the fact at some point and become outraged because that’s not what i wanted, even though it was completely valid in the contract.

oh do grow up. basically you mean:

everyone who disagrees with me is privileged and/or dumb

why even bother discussing on a forum if you’re just going to adhom everyone with which you disagree

1 Like

Finally someone who sees the point and actually understands the situation. Well said.

Your analogy is a little weak, you would be punched in the face constantly by 20 people, you would be punched in the face so much that you can’t do anything else, apart from stand there and get punched in the face, hoping that for a minute these people would stop punching you in the face and move on to punching someone else in the face.

1 Like

look, your point here is pretty reasonable. a few things:

alliance are obviously not informed by blizzard that the chicken vindaloo is extremely hot

i personally find this really hard to believe. we’ve all (probably) played this game for so many years and it’s not remotely uncommon to find faction-dominated pvp servers. it never has been.

if you’re dead-new to the game, then i would understand.

Most of them did pick a PVP realm to enjoy PVP, and not to be farmed down constantly because they are often (strongly) underrepresented.

that’s a fine reason to join, but it is a mistake to assume the latter won’t happen. it’s also a mistake to assume that you didn’t join an incredibly horde-favoured server. it’s on you to double-check and invoke the very generous amount of FCM most servers have been getting

Haha. On these forums people tend to just want to point out how bad or wrong someone is. Rather than discussion a topic about a concern that’s real and happening.

People give advice like, if you cry about faction imbalance then you should jump to the other side. Perfect logic lol!

the picture you’re painting here is that as soon as you leave ironforge you’re going to be relentlessly ganked by a 40-man raid group

even then, it doesn’t matter. if i got punched in the face all the time, then unfortunately the contract ended badly for me as I was unable to accurately estimate the amount that I would get punched in the face (even worse, i couldn’t have reasonably guessed that outcome! I think this is your point)

even then, it’s still my fault for signing it. if i left IF and got roflstomped by a massive group of horde instantly, it’s still what I signed up for (even though that particular part wasn’t what I wanted)

World PvP is always unfair and frustrating for at least half the participants.
You chose this when you logged in to a character on a PvP server. Deal with it.

There’s battles over Tarren’s Mill and Southshore on PvE servers too, the difference there is that the lvl 25 characters questing there don’t get killed in the process unless they chose to participate.
The only thing PvP servers have is people killing you while you are fighting 2 mobs / are low hp / are low level / are outnumbered. Or you could be the one who’s a higher level ganking.
Soo… if you’re a sadist or a masochist, PvP servers are for you. For everyone else PvE is the superior choice. :stuck_out_tongue: