Giants of the Realm, Rejoice!

Giant Growth Potions and Deviate fish are likely going to shoot down in value so if you’ve been paying out of the nose for these (I’ve definitely charged you for a few of them myself) they’re likely going to shoot down in value with the upcoming AH change to consumables.

Also, the armory apparently thinks I’m half naked. I’m fine with this. I’ll just call it the Jailer Transmog or something.

Also on top of that, what’s the funniest story you’ve ever seen related to those potions?

2 Likes

this is a tragic day for roleplay

22 Likes

I’ll use my millions of gold to buy every growth pot and deviate fish on the AH and put them back up for 500 gold a piece.

17 Likes

I guess I won’t make bank on the large lads anymore.

3 Likes

Frantically uploading potions onto the AH

“Oh yeah, I totally dare you to do that buddy <.<…”

1 Like

Now this is an argument in support of capitalism if I ever saw one.

Expect 1 to 5 gold per pot.

1 Like

Nice for the RPers who use them (with sense).
Bad for general things because oh no they’re cheap so everybody will use them even if they’re just 2ft taller than average.

Manlets IRL rejoice

12 Likes

I’m personally glad for this because I’ve recently started playing my apothecary character again, and being able to hand off giant growth potions to characters who are far better at combat than him is a fun little roleplay dynamic.

2 Likes

That’s actually a cool idea. Is there any pots that will see benefits for this merge then?

2 Likes

Most of them don’t seem to have much in the way of visual effect sadly. There’s Giant Growth, Pigmy Oil, Firewater that all effect size, there’s a few weird ones like the dreamless sleep vial but that one requries your character to be damaged to activate.

I might try and make a list of consumables that work for RP at one point, both for my own benefit so I don’t get the dud ones and for the benefit of others who want to try their hand at a similar concept.

3 Likes

The only people who use Deviate Fish/Giant Growth Pot/Darkmoon Firewater are the ones who have nothing else to offer but their “bigger” appearance. Just look at them how scary/big/strong they are!1!one1!one!!1

So it will only make it easier for me to separate the wheat from the cover :smirk:

1 Like

ORRRRR!!! Ya know. Some of us use the pots because we’re not a natural thing when it comes to size D:<

2 Likes

Wish they just had bicep/tricep and pectoral potions, just pure gains n such so we could flex with the homies and bro out with the broskis

2 Likes

I do not miss my elitist days reading some of these posts. Though I suppose it’s good to have the separation so you don’t have to spend too much time with one another.

There’s good eggs and bad ones and definitely stereotypes, but I like to give everyone a shot these days. Sometimes that bites me in the buns, but more often than not, I have a good time.

1 Like

Unironically the based move to profit off the size addicts.

I use them to rp my vrykul. I don’t see whats so wrong with that .

1 Like

Well… Everything if you RP a Vrykul in Stormwind. Nothing if you RP a Vrykul in Northrend/Stormheim.

1 Like

You forgot to add Kul’tiras and Zandalar and a whole host of other places.

Come on now, if you’re gonna judge others for their RP, you’ve got be an expert on where they can and can’t RP.

Legitimately though, meet the character first. A fur merchant in Stormwind wouldn’t be the most bizarre thing in the city post Legion with Demon Hunters being around. I think it’s more realistic to assume a certain degree of tolerance for other races would have emerged in that time. Not with everyone (as the wonderful diverse opinions in RP shows) but certainly enough.