GJ gutting Affli again

So, as Affli we have one of the lowest survivablity in the game, our dot damage is basically nothing compared to SP (the only other real dot class) and now you can dispell all of our dots we spent 5 globals getting up with CDs and take 4k non crit damage and 8k crit.

Literally just gutted the spec again. How can a whole team of people not figure out how to actually make affli balanced and viable when literally the entire playerbase literally spells it out for them on this forum.

No i didnt want UA 1 shotting people, but considering the weak damage the dots do anyway, any healer above 1.8k knows just dont dispell and you can heal through them easily with LoS and Defensives on the MR windows.

But no, now any old healer can literally take away ALL of our dots in one global and take less damage than a templars verdict.

GG blizz, im unsubbing.

8 Likes

try playing SP. even some dps can dispell our DP, so dont cry. the dmg of UA dispell is still very good

1 Like

But the key point being that your dots do damage… ours really dont, thus dispell damage or MR windows were our key, which we no longer have the former.

You cant really be saying “try playing SP” given the state they are in right now surely?

SP is crazy good right now…

Try playing SP XD XD XD

2 Likes

yep SP is good, but how does that help me if my real dmg abilities get dispelled by dps? yesterday i played against sp ret hpal. dot uptime of dp was close to zero

compared to aff lock, where you can NEVER dispell dots, SP doesnt seem that crazy. just play against affli ele, or affli ret. you’ll see, that the dmg is insane because of the permanent uptime of your dots

trust me, you dont want to compare affliction to sp.
if you dont succeed as sp right now its on your end not blizzards.

3 Likes

Lol

I get they nerfed our survivabillity, but we’re still in the top 10 specs with the most survivabillity

1 Like

post on your lock, i want to see the rating you at.
Else, just stop.
Edit:
I found it, 1348 max. on the lock.
Not to flame, but you dont have enough experience to talk about locks in arena.

1 Like

What Aff locks need is a boost to melee survivability. Destruction warlocks mastery passively provides them with more self healing, and Demonology passively have soul link. I don’t want passive self healing as I feel thats just bad for the game, but some sort of armor boost is needed for sure.

Yeah, we have a bit more mobility now with baseline portal but that doesn’t really help versus 90% of melee specs.

I feel the damage of affliction in pre patch is fine (I recently got to lvl 60 and chilling as double dps at 1900cr - playing with an arms warrior). Afflicition is obviously not as strong as some others - we all know who they are, but those are clearly broken with pre patch. Whilst the nerf was needed to UA dispel, I cant help but think they could have gone about this differently. For example, having diminishing returns on the dispel damage based on how many active UAs are out (e.g. having one UA out results in heavy hitting dispel damage, compared to having 3 UAs out and the dispel damage is slightly diminished).

1 Like

Contrary to what people think, we also need more survivability vs casters too.

Make it so it never crits, bam fixed.

What would you suggest we need to improve survivability against casters?

There was an ability back in MoP(?), Soulburn, that allowed you to spend a soul-shard to make your next pet summon instant. I feel would be very helpful vs. casters and the compulsory pick of GoSac in that talent row. Being able to quickly get off two spell locks, then bring out imp for dispels etc.

You could also use soulburn when using your teleport to increase movement speed by 50%. Pretty sweet.

revert all nerfs to demon armor for affliction

make dark soul undispelable again cause seriously, what the f

soul link but if you sac a pet you get passive healing or something like in mop

4 Likes

At this point i don’t think we will get any of that.

1 Like

the only thing we’ll prob get is a buff to demon armor late into the first patch, if even that.

but dark soul being dispelable is just a joke like idk what clown came up with that. it’s a talent and the only one you can realistically take. creeping death goes against the design of malefic rupture lol and it’s not like you’re starving for shards to ever go soul conduit.

devs are clueless, i swear

What if, and hear me out here: What if Siphon Life actually had a purpose other than being another box to tick for rapture damage?

A baseline Siphon Life that provided you with a big chunk of its damage as healing would be real neat. You’d still need to routinely apply it, and it would be dispellable, and it would y’know, have an actual impact aside from aforementioned MR boosting.

2 Likes

while the healing part should be increased, it wouldnt be enough.
We need a PASSIVE damage mitigation.

Baseline Siphon Life could be quite a bit overwhelming amount of dots to deal with on regular basis.

because, and i sound like a broken record, when i said here they should increase dot duration to classic, tbc, wotlk, cata, mop and wod values i got received by “lol get good, i can keep up all the dots”.
Even though i have better pve logs and i’m higher in pvp than most of those guys who are so freakin “good” at the game.

Blizzard made dot duration low so we can “burst” in legion, now the problems came back to bit us.
Dot duration is one of the reasons why current rotation is harder and dull than most specs in this game, you are reapplying dots more than you are actually “playing the game”.
Now?
Too late to make any meaningful design changes.
Hf with 14 sec baseline corruption.

Fixing Affliction is easy. Increase our DoT spells’ damage by 50%. Yes, you heard me right, 50%. Because when i have agony at 18 stacks, corruption and siphon life up; all of them combined deal less damage than shadow priest’s dots, which is applied by 1 short cast.

I am not even gonna get into survival.

Honestly, watching SPs wipe the floor with people in pre-patch and SL beta atm is so dishearthening. I may actually end up playing a SF (already 30 lvl). Because why the hell not?

I mean SP is clearly busted right now, there’s no way to avoid nerfs soon.

yes but their tools will make them still better than aff, by far.
I beg to all affliction locks who want to play them in arena, ask for more survivability.