Golemagg locked with no queue at peak hours? Cross-fire mistake?

Golemagg with absolutely no queue larger than 5 seconds during peak hours has been LOCKED, and I am wondering if this is a mistake happening in the cross-fires of the horrors happening on fresh and extremely full realms such as gehennas?

Two of my ten IRL core raider friends have yet to create characters, and blizzard decided to lock a realm with absolutely no queue? They stated in a bluepost: “We expect to lift this restriction when these realms are no longer experiencing extended queues”. I hope to see the server open up again in this case as the realm has no queue!

Sad to see a lifelong dream of raiding with 10 premades be challenged over some cross-fire mistake…

5 Likes

Same. My friends wanted to come back and play, but now they can’t and probably won’t if they don’t unlock Golemagg. And I’ve read somewhere that they won’t unlock it. But I still haven’t received any info from the customer support team. :cry:

You’re lucky in a way. Firemaw no queue either and we got loot lag. Any more people and it’d be even worse.

All close to big servers are locked, they will remain locked forever, as Blizzard said. Don’t expect them to be unlocked

1 Like

It’s not just locked because of what’s happening now but because of what happens on the 26th.

2 Likes

Where do they state that? I found a blue post stating my quote. Leaving me with some hope at least.
“We expect to lift this restriction when these realms are no longer experiencing extended queues”

Fair point to both of you @Dottie & @Killalliance. But the realms who are suggested transfer to were the exact realms everyone has been transferring out of using real money transactions. It’s such a mockery to tell new players and aspiring guilds to redirect themselves there again. We know from Classic vanilla & TBC now that these realms are ghost towns within months of the expansion release, and a free option to move back isn’t offered until everyone has quit already.

I’d much rather just have the realms without queue’s right now be open, and allow people who can’t handle it to leave when the queues arrive. At least then I can choose my fate. I guess their game design philosophy is still sounding a lot like:

we know best, the player’s cannot choose for themselves.

3 Likes

Same. Bought a second account to make a second DK, and guess what… can’t create it…

1 Like

In my opinion, not being able to make a 2nd DK is not really comparable to being unable to play with two of your core raiders. Affecting nine players, rendering them unable to raid with IRL’s as planned.

It’s still pain to try buying anything from AH at peak hours, and there’s occasional lag. Not really too much login queues, but yeah please don’t open it yet. It’s clearly at the knife’s edge right now and will for sure have long queues when northrend opens.

They are locked but there is free transfer to lesser populated servers.
You can transfer and your friends can create the char on those server = win.

1 Like

There has been no queue in the last 2 days for me either but there were queues every time I wanted to log in in the last week. The server is unplayable at the moment on Golemagg, I don’t think they should unlock it at all.

2 Likes

As previously stated, the exact same thing happened in vanilla classic and in TBC classic. Servers fill up early, they offer free transfers & lock realms, 70% of the new playerbase quits, the free transfer realms die, and suddenly you’re stuck on a dead realm waiting a year before they merge or offer transfers off the said realms. It’s going to be really bitter being forced to spend money on three transfers for alts + main when the transfer realms inevitably die. Especially considering how we spent real money moving OFF the very same DEAD realm months ago.

Regarding Lenathiel’s comment “there were queues every time I wanted to log in in the last week. The server is unplayable at the moment on Golemagg”. That is straight up a lie. Me & eight guildies played every day last week with no queue. I experienced slight lag in Zangarmarsh once. The only sentiment I get is the AH issue. You must be confusing Golemagg with Gehennas.

3 Likes

Such a lie.

I see they re-opened Venoxis and Pyrewood Village. Might be our beacon of hope.

3 Likes

#openGolemaggEU - why is it even locked with no queues?!

open Golemagg please, have nosense being locked.

1 Like

First of all, it does have queue pop ups on prime times. I got one just this weekend. Small one, but it was there.
Golemagg is locked precisely because players don’t want queues. Server’s population is so big that expanding it will result in long queues, and thats the exact reason for the lock- to prevent queues.
Server should remain locked for a month after launch, two weeks is absolute minimum, to assure smooth transition to Northrend for thousands of people already playing on the server.

3 Likes

It’s locked so that new/returning players won’t start there.

It will quickly get bigger and get queue if you open it.

I Recommend ”Mirage raceway” as the server of choice instead

1 Like

I get your point, but from my position - not being able to bring 4(!)/15 of my friends to Golemagg due to the server restrictions is incredibly damaging to our guild. Only option is moving to Ashbringer(low pop) or Hydraxian overlords (low pop), and it is obvious from experience that servers that are low pop around launch has 5 people online in 2 months. So let’s not pretend it’s a viable option. To combat both of our issues I’ve suggested several times to allow transfers back to a character’s original realm to assure security in transferring to low-pop realms, rather than being doomed to spend 120€ moving three characters back to your original realm to have a functioning AH and pug opportunities.

I agree queues suck, but not allowing players to connect with their friends is a strange way of reducing queues. New or returning player’s coming to see their old realms dead, and not being able to transfer their characters to their friends’ realms is going to significantly reduce the potential of this expansion.

Edit: Keep in mind there has been no issues after they re-opened Pyrewood Village & Venoxis.

Two things. First Morgraine whas considered dead a week ago too and now it is bustling.
Second Venoxis is locked again and it has big problems so that people already ask for free transfers, even if it is Patchwork which is considered “dead” too.