Goodbye Voidform, I'll miss you

Valid feelings to have, but priests gain their power through their faith, either borrowed or granted by their object of faith, and for shadowpriests, this has always been the void. You could always see it in our directly interacting with our adversaries mind(blast, flay, spike, control). I can understand not liking a visual, and that’s a perfectly valid opinion to which I agree if enough don’t like, should be addressed, but saying void is bad for, or “not” shadowpriest, is the same as saying a fire mage shouldn’t use sunfire/phoenix fire or comets, because it isn’t “fire”.

Having an opinion about not liking void visuals is fine, but stating that it isn’t shadowpriest is blatantly just wrong, so let’s end the argument there, thank you.
(I’ve played Spriest since vanilla by the way)

Voicing your opinion is fine, but kindly keep arguments out of this thread. :smile:

With that in mind, even being voidgang here, I am happy that people who want another choice, now has it.

1 Like

BFA Shadow was a joy to play

rip to the unique playstyle of voidform. better retun to boring snoozefest DP spamming.

Based on Cosmic chart map SHADOW > Shadow (void). Which is basically almost same thing yet different.

https://imgur.com/77PEKHV

As i said, played since 2004, and void form was forced on SHADOW priests. Void could have been 4th spec.

And i am okay if in future blizzard decides to make 4th void spec for priests. But i am shadow priest and i want to be as shadow, how it always was pre-legion.

Looks like finally Dragonflight will be best expansion for shadow priests.

The outer layers in this chart is the overarching concepts. In the new/updated version of the same chart(SL), you can even see that everything within Shadow, is the Void. You can manifest it in different manners, but the source remains the same. You also don’t cast Order, Disorder, Life, Death or Light spells. The spells we do use are the ones below them, to which Shadow and Void are synonymous. Also if you dig a little, you will find that a lot of places are referencing them as being the same thing by different names.

If you do want to consider Void a seperate thing, it is at the very least the most potent form of Shadow, which is what grants us our power and to which our natural progression is and should be leading us towards.

It’s fine having a part of your class you don’t like, for me that’s Devouring Plague. While being a homage to undead priests in vanilla’s unique ability, I don’t feel plague fits priests at all, we’re not plague doctors. At the same time it’s fine to not want to listen to the maddening whispers or not wanting to embrace the creeping insanity that our power brings with it. I for one want more of it. :laughing:

what chart you talking about? It’s clearly SHADOW > void ;D

This right here is my biggest pet peeve with Shadow. Why was Devouring Plague made into our spender? Hell, i don’t even like that it was made class wide in… WotLK? It’s a strictly undead thing that never fit the class as a whole. Sure it’s a “Shadow” spell, but it’s not the same kind of Shadow as the rest of the class. It’d be like if Unholy Death Knights had spells named Void Blast and Void Zone or whatever as their spender instead of Death Coil and Epidemic.
Mechanically the spell is fine though, it’s just the name and the fact that it’s a disease that bothers me.

When they brought back DP in Shadowlands they should have given it a new name.

1 Like

Yup ! Absolutely agree. Pretty much just the name and the disease category that bothers me as well. Plague is a death and decay kind of theme that fits DK or lock better, at least in my opinion. I don’t mind what it does, though I did wish it was a little more potent as a single cast, and not require multiple casts. :sweat_smile:

imagine Blizzard actually understanding that Shadow and Void could be split into 2 seperate Specs and every Camp would be Happy.

4th spec please Blizzad. Give me the Voidform Gameplay back

Hi fellow Void & Shadowpriests

Haha; I havent been reading through all the comments, but I think Legion Shadow, which its iteration of a VF was fantastic. You could basically switch anytime into it, which is why I hate the current iteration that much, it just caps our damage to a midtime CD. At least BFA had essences and SL kind of covenants and stuff, but I think gatekeeping 35% dmg behind a 90sec CD felt bad all the way up. And it made it even worse that none trinkets would match up with it nor PI. So frustrating midfight.

So I have been fairly happy that DA seems to support better mitigation now, with PI, Bender and all that stuff lining up more smoothly. It feels a lot more fast paced to play with again. Big like.

And this new iteration of VF that lets you gain increased uptime is a good step, but it feels clunky in the new rotation, were proccs are already heavy bloated and filling all the expend insanity with DP is kind of off; when you would actually spam MS or MB. But lets see how it turns out. I had a good uptime of up to 40-45secs which felt awesome.

Still DA functions a lot better for burst, so Ill probably stay with it. In PvP I imagine DA also to be the better option, also because void volley is such a good catch. Now on an even lower CD.

Anyways. :slight_smile: Another Void specc or more talents catered towards it and the older versions of VF would be much appreciated, haha. :smiley:

2 Likes

Looking forward to see what they have in store for both our cooldowns once their identity is finished, though they won’t be at launch as the bluepost said. Still, I like the direction of voidform being extendable, just need it to actually give some power as well, since right now, if you keep dots up, it’s pretty much just voidbolt access on a 2minute cooldown. :smile:

Honestly i would prefer if they got rid of the damage bonus in Void Form (meaning, they should leave it at 10%) and brought back ramping haste. Maybe cap it at 20%-30% to avoid the problems of the past.
Or alternatively, change Ancient Madness to provide a ramping haste effect rather than a ramping down crit effect. But only for Void Form. Leave it as it is for Dark Ascension.

Then they could change Void Bolt to be a mini Cascade. Jumping from 2-3 enemies and buffing the damage of DoT on targets hit, rather than dealing more damage with each jump.

This idea definitely needs some more work, but this way we can have a direct damage burst build and a DoT heavy build.

Ohh, and while in Void Form, Devouring Plague should be replaced by Void Entropy.

1 Like

Having that much haste is spooky!

But then I could actually spread my stats instead of being a haste monstrosity. I don’t like how skewed the stat priority is, but many classes do have that issue, and worse.

1 Like

That I could do with, since it would still add a reason to keep it going, even if the damage comes from a stat and not flat percentage, would also bring a beloved playstyle back in a less ridiculous form. Also, I used to absolutely love shadow in it’s Void Entropy phase, so would love to see that brought back. Especially since our spender right now is more of a spam thing that needs to be cast 4 times to amount to anything. :sweat_smile:

Remember legion days? We used to run around with 150%+ haste for several minutes straight, so this is hardly that high for us. :laughing:

Probably too late to change things in big ways, but someone mentioned
druids venthyr ability “Ravenous Frenzy” that plays a high risk high reward style, kind of similar to how Vform used to play, but differently.

Venthyr Frenzy could be a good template but maybe cause fear or silence on self. Frenzy is pretty punishing tho, idiot tank moves boss away and you lose your big CD unless you’re quick to start healing yourself while closing the gap. Takes skill to deal with unexpected events.

Idk, fatescribe goes where?

Nope, only played SL! And classic/tbc æons ago, where I was some hunter noob and later got into moonkin

1 Like

shadow is literally dead in 10.0 No aoe. Mind sear cost insanity, our dps CD doesnt increas all our damage also a boring CAST timer like come on blizzard are you trying even xD i dont even have time to cast mind sear cus it sucks.

1 Like

I thought you could spike instead of flay now?

Oh well.

I don’t think I’m all that bothered by cast times, having played a few other casters, I think we’re in the shorter cast times end. But I did notice, with Fated rotation, that Castle Nathria encounters often give me more time to stand still than Sepulcher stuff.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.