Gouge, Garrote baseline ASAP

Gouge and Garrote (at the very least) need to be class wide to add back some much needed pacing, control and utility. Shadowlands unpruning is a travesty so far unless you are a dk, shaman or a warrior.

13 Likes

outlaw could probably get garrote baseline tbh even with gouge but, i dont think sub should get it unless it’s with a heavy cd/ only useable from stealth NOT dance even then it might be too much

1 Like

Why would it be too much? I want all classes to get more utility, well, except DH ofc. Many classes are getting a lot of utility added. Rogues are getting left behind.

6 Likes

because garrote is completly broken if you have any acccess to stealth outside of vanish

Silences in general are really overpowered in pvp which is why they were pruned way back for example a kidney swap to a healer with garrote is 11 seconds long 11 seconds where you can do nothing while taking dmg is INSANE imo. it’s only balanced* for assa because they have very limited access to stealth ( which is a reason if you look at the pvp ladder you will see only nightelfs playing rogue) and even then it’s not balanced

HOWEVER it could be readded to sub but ONLY if dance is 1 min if any reseting of dance is possible because then you would have to tune rogue dmg down enough to balance it and thats just boring if you play a spec with everything and 0 dmg imo

3 Likes

Well i happen to think that everything that makes healers less impactful in pvp is a good thing as things stand.

Gouge will break on dots but yeah it was more fun with gouge and garrote as baseline.

3 Likes

And that´s what it´s all about really. Fun

3 Likes

Bro u already have the most CC in the game. If you want Gouge baseline I want Strangulate and Icy Touch baseline.

1 Like

Yep, gouge needs to be a baseline ability again, its in the rogue essence. Poisons coming back is the just a normal thing. Comon, rogues without poisons ? so stupid

4 Likes

I believe we at the very least need some sort of bleed be baseline, be it garrote or rupture, doesnt matter, just bring back old rogue please :pensive:

edit: Oh and gouge too ofc.

3 Likes

Now that I´ve gone over class changes I think it´s perfectly clear most classes are significantly stronger utility wise in pvp than before, and I´m afraid rogues are gonna find it really tough unless we get some more tools baseline. We actually got a nerfed crimson vial, with so little relative survivability we´ll need better control. Gouge is an absolute must.

DKS are getting plenty of extra utility, rogues are getting none except poisons for sub and outlaw.

3 Likes

You have the longest lasting kick for a melee, a whopping 5 seconds compared to DKs 3. You have blind, sap, kidney, garrote, cheap shot and with the talent that makes it so you can have access to stealth abilities 3 seconds after stealth you’re even more overpowered. Not to mention the constant 30% mortal strike you have. You’re almost always forcing cooldowns every 30 seconds with kidney, garrote, toxic blades, spamming 123.

Stop confusing assassination with all rogues. I agree assassination is well rounded, but would be even more so with gouge.

1 Like

It’s the same thing with Sub, that spec is sleeper broken and only need a 5% damage buff to be a monster in arena.

Outlaw is Outlaw, it can have it.

If Rogue is getting Gouge back, I want intant Hex with 5 stack maelstrom weapon, Grounding Totem and Shamanistic Rage baseline for Enha.

Absolutely, fine by me. More than fine in fact.

5 Likes

The first part of your name is fitting

2 Likes

Ur name is fitting too

I know that’s my name

Yeah, just give all rouges gouge and garrote so casters can be even more like target dummies impossible to get cast off.

Casters should get back a lot of tools themselves. My main is a mage. Stripping the game of tools and utility is only gonna make it bland and cookie cutter.

3 Likes