Grappling Hook as a rogue tree ability in Dragonflight

First of, I’ll start of by saying; I don’t play wow in a progressive/competitive way anymore, those days are way behind me and now I just play for the causal fun of it. So my knowledge around balance is bellow par :slight_smile:

But how would you feel about having grappling hook in the rogue tree in Dragonflight instead of a outlaw only ability?
Seeing how shadowstep is now a rogue ability I cant imagine having both would be considered OP in the other specs?
Or, if it’s to powerful to have both, make it one of those “pick one option” abilities?

To me it’s one of those really fun abilities that makes the class more entertaining to play in the open world, I love the assassin spec but i keep playing outlaw just to have grappling hook available.

Embrace the abilities that makes the game more fun to play instead of restricting them to specs.

anyway, just my 2 cent, perhaps that would cause major imbalances in the more high end gameplay.

4 Likes

Considering Assassination and Subtlety can both have 2 charges of Shadowstep (1 from the Class, Tree, the other from Spec Tree), I don’t think there would necessarily be any balance issues, with offering Grappling Hook in the Class Tree.

Would actually be pretty cool to have Hook in the Class Tree. I agree, that it would be a solid option to have as a Choice Node there, so you can either get 1 Charge of ShS or Hook. Outlaw would still have its Spec flavor in being able to reduce Hook CD in the Spec Tree, while the other Specs could choose between 2 Charges of ShS, or 1 of ShS + Hook.

well, one can only hope, the lack of arguments against seem to indicate that people aren’t against the idea in general at least :slight_smile:

thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

A great idea that exactly respond to my opinion: WoW would be only better with more options to choose.
I proposed this solution at the forum before Shadowlands when “unpruning” thing increased “hopium” level greatly.
It seems so natural. Both abilities are just different option to move around and fit to any fantasy represented by all three specs.

Well, I don’t know what would be more sad, that Blizz didn’t introduce this (and other similiar) solution at DF, or devs will do this but after years and years from now, like they did with poisons, weapon oils, sharpening stones, Rupture or, hope so, Gouge, and many other things return to freedom of choice.

It’s cool, yes, but why after all these years of loud-and-clear asking, I will not know.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.