Great. WoW Classic will be changed in the name of political correctness

Source:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft/23703199/a-message-from-the-world-of-warcraft-team

To quote:

"While we turn to our team for guidance in our internal work to protect marginalized groups and hold accountable those who threaten them, we also want to take immediate action in Azeroth to remove references that are not appropriate for our world. This work has been underway, and you will be seeing several such changes to both Shadowlands and WoW Classic in the coming days. "

Looks like I won’t have any reasons to stay subscribed, if they’re going to alter WoW Classic just because it doesn’t fit within the current political correctness narrative.

Sorry, but I play WoW Classic because it was a great game in the past. It’s still a great game now. I want #NoChanges.

Blizzard, you suck as a company.

The time to unsubscribe is coming fast.

49 Likes

Snowflake.

23 Likes

You’re too late.

New World is looking awesome and I cant wait to try it out. I Suggest u do the same.

11 Likes

If you were only subscribed for the one edgy joke they may remove, then…

10 Likes

Okay boomer

5 Likes

So they are going to remove the quest “saving the princess” from classic?

1 Like

What is changing exactly?

2 Likes

did you miss all the multitudes of changes they made during vanilla classic and TBC classic already?

7 Likes

Oof using #NoChanges unironically…

5 Likes

It’s one thing to make gameplay changes. It’s another thing to alter NPCs and story.

1 Like

No one is sure at the moment, they haven’t disclosed that. All they have said is:

“we also want to take immediate action in Azeroth to remove references that are not appropriate for our world. This work has been underway, and you will be seeing several such changes to both Shadowlands and WoW Classic in the coming days.”

We can only speculate at the moment, though I don’t think we’ll really notice the changes unless you go looking for them to be honest (Could be wrong though, don’t quote me on this! :P).

So basically changing some quest text/in game dialogue and dealing with players who use threatening behaviour?

This is how I’m reading that news statement from Blizzard. While it won’t affect me there will be some who will complain about certain changes (depending on what they are).

3 Likes

Yes, but do you know that is actually happening? The statement is vague.

1 Like

There needs to be a crackdown on abusive and offensive behaviour so I imagine most will welcome the changes.

2 Likes

Look at all the deplorables coming out of the woodworks the past few days. Must be frightening for some to see that actions do have consequences, even though way too late.

4 Likes

Yeah, I read it like that as well. Changing it so it doesn’t cause offense to someone. This should never be seen as a bad thing really. Though, I do worry about the poor peon’s and whether they get to keep their name :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Considering they made changes in Vanilla classic like that one item that was a play to sound very close to the n word I’m not surprised. Just very curious on what changes they will be making honestly. To me, it feels silly to try to change things they put in the game and even going back to change such things as it brings such things more to the forefront and lets people use such things as ammunition against others - often references such people wouldn’t have noticed before.

Especially when there’s a lot of what’s considered ‘nasty’ stuff in the lore itself including books. Feels like more virtue signalling that really doesn’t change anything and it sure won’t change their employee behavior.

1 Like

Fine by me. I hardly ever read the quest text.

A lot of us do play the game because of the lore/story.

3 Likes

Eww, imagine playing an immersive game for the story and lore!