Greetings! Not a new person, but from the American realms

Pretty much the title, I just bought WoW and BfA again but for the EU version, I wanted to see what its like on the other side of the world

Probably have wasted this boost because needed to post but its fine I guess

either way, already feels like im playing a new game again

4 Likes

Is it really that different? :thinking: :smile:

When i play games with americans, there is one huge difference. Communication. there so much lack of that when so many different lpeople with different native languages get put together

1 Like

Having played with americans for some time, I’d recommend you stick to US servers. Americans are way more fun to hang out with, europeans can be quite boring. Unless you find a good guild, but that’s much easier on US. Just take a look at RP realm here and on US, here everyone’s like an elitist, like rp is serious thing, while on US people are more down with the flow, they know it’s for fun.

1 Like

Before flaming the EU, try to scroll some forum pages of the Great Murica and observe some very questionable communication from very weird folk.
Local chill elitistim looks much better than verbal diarrhea on sensitive themes and provocative nonsense.

2 Likes

I’m not flaming EU, I’m talking from experience, there aren’t really any upgrades when coming from US to EU. They’re goofy and fun to be around.
I wouldn’t count on forums as “reflection of playerbase”, if it was, people would be repulsed.

You know what, welcome to the EU realms and forums, be cool, enjoy your time and make the best of it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to this side of the Pond :slight_smile:

Enjoy your EU experience :eu:

2 Likes

2 Likes

People are just people. There are fun, boring, interesting, annoying, relaxed, and uptight people in every culture, and Europeans are Americans share quite a bit of social background anyway. Can’t really generalize millions of people.

5 Likes

Well said :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome my American friend.
I hope you enjoy your time here on our side of the world

Ah, US RP realms. I remember them well. Played on Wyrmrest Accord for a solid year. 90% of roleplay was erotic in its nature, most characters were super special exception-to-all-rules half-breed monstrosities who achieved master assassin and archmage type ranks at age sixteen while pregant with worgen / death knight / dragon babies. Good times.

I’ve received quite a few links either through in-game whisper or battlenet that directed me to image galleries of the player whispering me. Of course all nude pictures. Sometimes with the added bonus of them possessing both a male reproductive organ and a pair of very sad looking breasts. They were quite offended that I didn’t appreciate the erotic roleplay, nor the nude pictures. Apparently that makes me a transphobe.

I won’t detail my brief adventure with the denizens of Moon Guard because they’re even worse. It’s suffice to say that the US roleplaying realms are best described as a holding cell for lunatics.

That’s my point, they’re having fun, while you’re sticking to “strict guidelines” of roleplay.

Welcome to our mystic lands of multiple languages, endless sarcasm, dates written in the correct order and widespread use of the 24 hour clock :stuck_out_tongue: Working out what time you’re meant to meet people for anything may need the use of a calculator, abacus or a friendly soothsayer so good luck!

3 Likes

Why use that flag to represent EU? Very divisive

I always wanted to try play on the US realms but assumed there would be bad latency, anyone know if this is still the case?

I recently started also playing on a US realm (Wyrmrest Accord), i think a 150ping is ok for WoW. Wouldn’t play a competitive Shooter with that, but anything else shouldnt experience any problems.
EU i have always about 15ms.

If you are looking for some useless, pointless posts just check where the blues are commenting :smiley: enjoy eu …

Eu and am realms are not that different, now go try playing with russians, thats completely different, they have completely different mentality and some things are really crazy with them :smiley:

Greetings

Here the metric system is in use, I’m sure you’ll love it cause it wasnt made by a drunk matematician on a dare.

Have fun :partying_face:

1 Like