Guardian Buffs on the PTR

As someone in the US forums accurately commented : these miserable changes look like hotfixes, not a whole new patch’s buffs…

1 Like

Removing FR from the GCD would be very, very nice.

1 Like

I can agree that these changes are small band-aid fixes. Much needed though so they are welcome.

After testing the Rage cost changes I can say they are not in any shape or form huge, but they make our job of keeping IF up easier.
And that is coming from a Guardian who doesn’t play with any rage enhancing talents (Blood Frenzy, Brittle Fure, SotF or GG).

The next PTR build should address our more pressing issues as already listed in this thread previously.

And when will that build come ? Next patch ?
I’ve stopped expecting anything any soon from Blizzard tbh.

New changes coming tomorrow on the PTR.

Guardian

• Frenzied Regeneration (Rank 3) is learned at level 85:
    • Frenzied Regeneration spends up to 30 additional Rage to immediately heal you for up to 18% additional health.
      • Note: This spell is affected by Guardian of Elune, but not affected by mastery.

It was hard to understand this developer note and it took me sometime interpret it, but I think what they are saying is:

They added a 3rd charge of FR going from 2 to 3 charges.

They also added an additional effect on FR making it so that if you spend more than the regular base cost of 10 rage using it, it will instantly heal you for u for a % according to the extra rage you spent, up to 30 rage/18% additional health on top of the 24% of max health HoT effect of FR .

I will test it tomorrow but if I interpreted this change correctly, then it seems like they do not want to bring it off the GCD.
Instead they want to turn into into a more powerful self-sustaining option against magic damage.
Its an interesting approach on the matter, and I’m not sure if it is a buff or a nerf. Real time testing needs to be done first.

What concerns me though is the fact that FR its NOT affected by our Mastery, nerfing it even further than before.
Unless an upcoming overall buff to the efficiency of our Mastery is in the works I’m worried.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/upcoming-ptr-class-changes-4-23/45945

They’re not adding a 3rd charge. At level 85, you learn the 3rd rank of FR, which gives you the bonus mentioned above. All in all, it’s an increased cost to an ability that, if used at said increased cost, will leave you with even more gaps in your ironfur usage.

2 Likes

Thats why it seems they are pushing it towards the direction of a defensive that is be used against magic damage when you have excess rage, since you dont need to spend rage on IF during magic damage phases.

And dont forget FR goes from 24% to 18% and have a veeery good chance to leave you without IF, and that in most cases will cause even more HP loss then 18%.

1 Like

The problem with reactive healing rather than mitigation is that it doesn’t often save healers time or mana, because they understandably switch to keeping the tank alive because that is their most important job, and they don’t realise we are about to heal ourselves.

This change is ‘nice’, but will probably result in more overhealing as both healer and ourselves are competing to heal ourself. Plus they could blow their tank cool downs not realising we have it covered.

There are two big changes FR needs.

1. The heal should be instant and not ‘over time’. This would allow healers and everyone to instantly react to our self healing. Where as the HoT aspect makes our self healing quite invisible because healers will rush to top us off before it’s full effect can be seen.

2. It should be off the GCD like Ironfur.

If FR is really meant to be our ‘magic mitigation’, then these two changes might just make it more usable and less clunky. That and our enlarged health pools and I can begin to see a niche for Guardian Druids to be effective but different.

2 Likes

No it doesn’t. FR functions exactly the same as in live, with its numbers unchanged but with the added effect of instantly healing you for up to 18% if you use more than 10 rage on it, up to 40 rage max.

So you still retain the 24% heal overtime, plus the instant 18%.

Sadly i’m not on ptr, so all i can see are info on web. And it looks true. I dont think blizz would make 42% heal every 36 sec, 36% looks more real.

ptr. wowhead. com/spell=22842/frenzied-regeneration

On PTR it is as I described. Sadly I’m away from home for a few days so I can’t provide you with a screenshot atm.
Wowhead’s tooltips are infamous for being inaccurate.

I thought it consumed only up to 30 additional rage, and since the 10 base cost is being removed, it doesn’t go beyond 30 ?

I’m glad it is so.
Thank you for accurate info.

1. bring back infected wounds slow.
  2. bring back legion frenzied regeneration.
  3. bring back berserk or rage of the sleeper.

Then druids will be great.

1 Like

Finally managed to get back home, and this is a screenshot of FR on the current PTR:
h ttps://imgur.com/5pxTypx

May 1
Guardian
Ironfur now has a maximum of 8 stacks (was 6 stacks).
Frenzied Regeneration, at rank 3, now costs 10-30 rage (was 10-40 rage).

1 Like

Yeah. Its a change as if class is already perfect and there is nothing to change at all.

These changes seem reasonable to me.
All they need to do now is bring back rage of the sleeper/adaptative fur and we’ll be fine.