Guardian druid really bad defends vs other tanks ?

so here im wondering what the position is on guardian druids.
i barely to 0 see guilds bringing them on mythic raids ( we are not that far yet )
and vs other tanks i noticed that im having a harder time on tanking with taking dmg then other tanks.

im still enjoying it to the fullest
But it feels really bad compared to other tanks.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Are you saying that they have bad Defensives, or bad metigation?
Cause they have fine Defensives, but their metigation is falling abit behind compared other tanks indeed.
Alot of guilds are chosing other tanks, cause they bring more utility and more survivability.

They have bad mitigation? Have you even seen Vengeance? Let alone their “defencives”?

And yet, they have more utility and decent self healing to Balance it. Though i agree, that they’re not in the best place either…

1 Like

It should not be a race to “who sucks more at tanking” , instead we should support eachothers to make blizzard bring us in line with other tanks.

2 Likes

yup, no our defensives are pretty crap compared to other tanks.
So iron fur is more counted as standard mitigation and not as a defensive, so we have currently 3 defensives:
survival instincts - too long cd, too short duration and i am still dying through it
Barkskin - doesn’t feel like it does anything
FR - well I take more damage than I heal and die while it is active - guess that says all

2 stacks of Iron Fur give you about the same amount of armor as a Paladin’s SotR,
3 stacks give about the same as a Paladin’s AS buffed SotR.

I think our main mitigation problems are coming from,

1. the low rage generation that doesn’t let us keep Ironfur stacks up consistently.
    If you ever played a Prot Warrior you would be in total outrage as Warrs can get fill, empty and refill their rage bar in a matter of seconds, creating a very fast gameplay.

2. Decent passive defenses. Block chance helps shield wielding tanks to somewhat smooth out the incoming damage when their active mitigation is down, which is actually a big part of how a tank spec can feel to a player, since if your passive defenses do not compliment the rest of your active mitigation and defensive cooldowns then you are left with a big hole in your kit.

VDH isn’t in a much better spot than Guardian, though. Here’s a current list of tank spec overviews in M+ for +15 and up:

https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankings/season-bfa-2/all/world/leaderboards-strict#role=tank:mode=unique:minMythicLevel=15:maxMythicLevel=99

Guardians are almost non-existent. It’s a little better at +10, but even there Guardian is the least represented spec.

1 Like

I’m not saying they’re doing better. I’m saying they’re doing worse. Mitigation/defencive wise.

I feel ya! brotha!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.