[H] Casual|ty LFM DPS for HC raiding (laidback, 28+; 4hr/week; 9/10 HC)

Casualty on Darkmoon Faire (no, we don’t RP) is recruiting mature players aged —> 28+ <— for Final Fant… (lol) Ahem, I mean Sanctum of Domination HC

Due to the nature of the guild, where people often have to go off and be adults, we raid (usually with wonky comps) for a maximum of 4 hours each week (sometimes less) and as such, progress at a slower pace.

Raiding days and times:
Mondays and Thursdays from 8:30 pm till 10:30 pm server time.

Our current progress:
AoTC Nathria and 9/10 HC SoD

LF DPS ONLY

Whilst we are specifically looking for raiders/M+ers, socials are always welcome.

About us:
We’ve been around for just over 5, almost entirely drama-free years, and are comprised of a bunch old-school players (mostly 35+) that excel at dying in very inventive ways to, well, everything (but mostly our own silliness): chi-torpedoing into the purple blades/balls of doom that you yourself spawned (pro!), accidentally dismounting mid-flight, where the fall doesn’t kill you, but where you instead die to being spanked by a tank dummy that you just landed next to… which is not reachable in ghost form (my proudest moment), thinking you’ve been targeted by Dark Revelation on Zul after using Bestial Wrath (/facepalm @ Diez)… etc. etc.

As mentioned earlier, our total raiding time per week does not exceed more than 4 hours and raids have historically taken place on Monday and Thursday. The raids themselves consist of light-hearted fun (but not at the expense of focus) where you’ll come across instances where the raid-leader has himself muted on discord (without knowing it) for the first 30 minutes of a raid… where, in the midst of an encounter, someone will actually start making dps pots, where a healer will die due to “boobs”… the list goes on and on. Basically, the main goal as far as raids are concerned, is to progress whilst never allowing raiding to reach a point where it feels like another job.

However, people that specifically apply for a raiding spot will be expected to carry their own weight because a) time is of a premium to us, b) we will be aiming for Curve every raid tier, and c) we’ll likely never be in a position where we massively out-gear the content we are running.

Outside of raiding, we do a fair bit of dungeoneering (M+) usually on the weekends.

Of particular note, the guild is not run by a council, or officers, but rather is a self-governed entity - everything from whether or not to end a raid at a certain juncture, to something major like dedicating 1 of our 2 days entirely to progress, has been based on the outcome of some sort of vote and its accompanying discussion.

On a more personal note:
Beyond <insert expansion name here>, our desire is to further build upon our already established community, one that hearkens back to the days when guilds were far more than just a collection of cliques that were bound together for no other reason than the pursuit of loot and/or realm firsts, but rather a group of people that actually make the game that much more worthwhile to play.

As such, we’re looking for easy-going, somewhat social, marginally sarcastic, adult gamers. If you’re a d***, or want to raid Mythic (like exclusively), this is not the place for you.

For those of you that are interested in joining our close-knit cult, er… group -cough-, post an app on our Discord channel: discord.gg/zmyAx8V

2 Likes

We need DPS, so come and visit the forum or have a chat with one of us!

Better visit the forums, we’ll all have a chat with you! Looking forward :sunglasses:

Whoops, wrong char! Come along, chaps!

Bump - 9/9 NM now.

Not to forget the 1/9 HM too, soon to be 2/9 tomorrow I think :smiley:

Need more dps for HC.

I read your forum sticky and the lines above and currently i am thinking about starting all over after my guild seems to die slowly to many reasons (while “i am bored of wow” seems to be the main reason sadly).

To tell the truth, i am a 41 years old german and usually pretty busy in work. So while i most probably will be able to make most raid days i sure wont make them all.

My skill level is decent but certainly not top of the game.
(warcraftlogs uldir is about what i can bring when i got used to stuff :wink: )

What i look for is a living group of people that actually enjoy playing a game to relax from real life and have fun alongside that - i am usually quite talkative and my english is at least good enough to be able to say what i mean.

I am a newbie when it comes down to M+ - but i pugged a few +10 and lower and i actually enjoy those but will need a lot more practice before i actually know what i am really meant to do there :wink:

Do you think i describe your guild with what i said (i still have hard feelings about leaving a guild behind that i am part of since WoW actually went live :P)

Welcome to the guild, Cap.

Still could use another dps or two.

Not a bump! honest

I only just joined this bunch of people and if YOU are looking for a relaxed guild that gets stuff done -> this might be the place for you.

As a big PLUS - we do have this one Hunter who can easily compete with Rexxar in grumpiness! Not telling names (points upwards … psst)

damn wrong char - thats me

You know I’m the only person in the guild capable of changing your rank and guild-note, right?

Still LF dps and 1 healer.

Still need a few more folks!

Hey there, I’m a 31yr old dude looking for a home. I only have my disco panda priest and will be looking to raid shortly but also looking for a social place to be. Previously raided Draenor and missed legion but i’m back in at 120 and flying up the ilvl.

Responded to your app, Bee.

1 Like

Thanking you, i’m on my way!

2 new bosses down last night! 4/9H now. Still recruiting.

As Kel said, still LF more meat for the grinder.

Just not enough people reading this forum!