[H] Casual|ty LFM DPS for HC raiding (laidback, 28+; 4hr/week; 9/10 HC)

Casualty on Darkmoon Faire (no, we don't RP) is recruiting mature players aged ---> **28+**
Due to the nature of the guild, where people often have to go off and be adults, we raid (usually with wonky comps) for a maximum of 4 hours each week (sometimes less) and as such, progress at a slower pace.

Raiding days and times:
Mondays and Thursdays from 8:30 pm till 10:30 pm server time.

Our current progress:
AoTC Nathria and 9/10 HC SoD
LF DPS ONLY Whilst we are specifically looking for raiders/M+ers, socials are always welcome.

About us:
We’ve been around for just over 5, almost entirely drama-free years, and are comprised of a bunch old-school players (mostly 35+) that excel at dying in very inventive ways to, well, everything (but mostly our own silliness): chi-torpedoing into the purple blades/balls of doom that you yourself spawned (pro!), accidentally dismounting mid-flight, where the fall doesn't kill you, but where you instead die to being spanked by a tank dummy that you just landed next to... which is not reachable in ghost form (my proudest moment), thinking you've been targeted by Dark Revelation on Zul after using Bestial Wrath (/facepalm @ Diez)... etc. etc.

As mentioned earlier, our total raiding time per week does not exceed more than 4 hours and raids have historically taken place on Monday and Thursday. The raids themselves consist of light-hearted fun (but not at the expense of focus) where you'll come across instances where the raid-leader has himself muted on discord (without knowing it) for the first 30 minutes of a raid... where, in the midst of an encounter, someone will actually start making dps pots, where a healer will die due to "boobs"... the list goes on and on. Basically, the main goal as far as raids are concerned, is to progress whilst never allowing raiding to reach a point where it feels like another job.

However, people that specifically apply for a raiding spot will be expected to carry their own weight because a) time is of a premium to us, b) we will be aiming for Curve every raid tier, and c) we'll likely never be in a position where we massively out-gear the content we are running.

Outside of raiding, we do a fair bit of dungeoneering (M+) usually on the weekends. Of particular note, the guild is not run by a council, or officers, but rather is a self-governed entity - everything from whether or not to end a raid at a certain juncture, to something major like dedicating 1 of our 2 days entirely to progress, has been based on the outcome of some sort of vote and its accompanying discussion.

On a more personal note:
Beyond <insert expansion name here>, our desire is to further build upon our already established community, one that hearkens back to the days when guilds were far more than just a collection of cliques that were bound together for no other reason than the pursuit of loot and/or realm firsts, but rather a group of people that actually make the game that much more worthwhile to play.

As such, we're looking for easy-going, somewhat social, marginally sarcastic, adult gamers. If you're a d***, or want to raid Mythic (like exclusively), this is not the place for you.

For those of you that are interested in joining our close-knit cult, er... group -cough-, post an app on our Discord channel: discord.gg/zmyAx8V
2 Likes
For those that are curious, we won't be running any raids at all before BfA hits. However, we will most likely continue with our weekly M+ runs.
I‘m actually 32, but still works fine :>
For the record, I’ve never killed anyone, and my TV is next door!
*Produces a hypnotoad*

Come join the cult...ahem...team.....

We have cookies?
14 members set to return for BfA... the more the merrier, though!
Would you think about taking someone new to the game (currently lvling). Its ok if not, just trying to find a more casual guild that may be good. Although Im only 25 :(. Once I get to end game I'll be able to help with raids and what not (obviously this all depends on server location, im in the EU).
Hey mate,

I'll level with you... we're more than happy to offer you a spot, but we'd be doing you a disservice by doing so; we don't have any re-rollers in the guild and therefore you'd very likely end up getting really bored, really fast.

If you're fine levelling alone, once you hit level cap, we'd be more than happy to help you along.
Hello all,

I'm actually 27 years old, not sure if this is a strict rules for that. I am quite new to the game as well, didn't really get into the game as much as I wanted to. So, recently I just came back to the game and give it a try again, and also been thinking to join a guild community to play with.

I'm willing to learn about raids and stuff, been watching video tutorials from youtube from time to time, but didn't really have the "practical" chance to try things out (and a bit anxious as well). I played in Draenor realm. =D

Regards,
Leon
Hey Leon,

Put up an app on our forums and we'll take it from there. :)
Hey Leonrevon Thanks for your interest.

The age limit isnt super strict, its more just to make sure you have a similar mindset to us.

Why not pop over to our website http://www.casualty-guild./com and stick a quick application on n we can have a chat
Not a bump™
As Hob mentioned, the 28+ is not set in stone... we do have a few (3 total) members that are slightly under the age limit. Typically, if you are 25+ and seem like a decent person, there's a good chance that you'll get an invite.
Still need another full time healer.
21/07/2018 15:47Posted by Bombard
Still need another full time healer.

Im currently coming back to the game, You willing to wait till i get back upto speed? I played from day 1 in vanilla and stopped when Mists of pan started so ive missed a bit recently :-/
Sure, Phantas.

Put up an app and we'll go from there.
21/07/2018 17:23Posted by Bombard
Sure, Phantas.

Put up an app and we'll go from there.

The web link isnt working for me :-(
Woops, typo.

www.casualty-guild.com
21/07/2018 18:55Posted by Bombard
Woops, typo.

www.casualty-guild.com

I thought it was me being a plonker!