[H] Casual|ty LFM for laidback gaming/raiding (28+)

Casualty is recruiting mature players aged 28+ (years preferably) for BfA and beyond.

Due to the nature of the guild, where people often have to go off and be adults, we raid (usually with wonky comps) for a maximum of 4 hours each week (sometimes less) and as such, progress at a slower pace.

Raiding days and times:
Mondays and Thursdays from 8:30 pm till 10:30 pm server time.

Our current progress:
8/8 HC AoTC

Our track record for Legion was as follows:
7/7 HC EN (Curve), 10/10 HC NH (Curve), 8/9 HC ToS, 3/11 HC Antorus — expansion fatigue :frowning:

Currently LF DPS and 1 healer (with a DPS off-spec)

Whilst we are specifically looking for raiders/M+ers, socials are always welcome.

About us:
We’ve been around for 2, almost entirely drama-free years, and are comprised of a bunch old-school players (mostly 35+) that excel at dying in very inventive ways to, well, everything (but mostly our own silliness): chi-torpedoing into the purple blades/balls of doom that you yourself spawned (pro!), accidentally dismounting mid-flight, where the fall doesn’t kill you, but where you instead die to being spanked by a tank dummy that you just landed next to… which is not reachable in ghost form (my proudest moment), dismounting mid-air and then attempting to disengage only to remember that you’re playing a DK… etc. etc.

As mentioned earlier, our total raiding time per week does not exceed more than 4 hours and raids have historically taken place on Monday and Thursday. The raids themselves consist of light-hearted fun (but not at the expense of focus) where you’ll come across instances where the raid-leader has himself muted on discord (without knowing it) for the first 30 minutes of a raid… where, in the midst of an encounter, someone will actually start making dps pots, where a healer will die due to “boobs”… the list goes on and on. Basically, the main goal as far as raids are concerned, is to progress whilst never allowing raiding to reach a point where it feels like another job.

However, people that specifically apply for a raiding spot will be expected to carry their own weight because a) time is of a premium to us, b) we will be aiming for Curve every raid tier, and c) we’ll likely never be in a position where we massively out-gear the content we are running.

Of particular note, the guild is not run by a council, or officers, but rather is a self-governed entity - everything from whether or not to end a raid at a certain juncture, to something major like dedicating 1 of our 2 days entirely to progress, has been based on the outcome of some sort of vote and its accompanying discussion.

On a more personal note:
Beyond , our desire is to further build upon our already established community, one that hearkens back to the days when guilds were far more than just a collection of cliques that were bound together for no other reason than the pursuit of loot and/or realm firsts, but rather a group of people that actually make the game that much more worthwhile to play.

As such, we’re looking for easy-going, somewhat social, marginally sarcastic, adult gamers. If you want to raid Mythic, this is not the place for you.

For those of you that are interested in joining our close-knit cult, er… group -cough-, post an app on our forums @ www dot casualty-guild dot com, or message any of our members in-game. Alternatively, if text is not your thing, you can come talk to us on our Discord channel (details will be provided via wikileaks/in-game whisper). :smiley:

1 Like

Still got room for a few likeminded raiders. Get your spot before we start wiping in siege of zuldazar

Rub your hands for Thursday and join us !

Still could use a few more dps.

First night into BFD with 12 folk and first three down. Could use some more people to flesh out the team!

Yes we could do with some more dps to help us clear Blackfathom Deeps! I think I’ve been playing my alts too much, took me a while to realise :<

Still room for a few more dps

5/9 now - should be at least 6/9 next week.

Mekkatorque next. Full on ranged DPS. One or two more melee DPS would be good.

I think the new raid is BOD, my bad. Battle of, battle for, who knows.

Still on the lookout for more dps or socials… or socials who can dps