[H(/N?)-RP] A Roaming Hub - Session Three - Durotar's Heat! đŸœïž

It was raining, you didn’t associate rain with Suramar. Perhaps it was a relic of living in Elven lands of perpetual Spring. There was rain, but you never really noticed it. Brigante went to grab the small camp table he had in his tent and drag it over before he winced, his arm flaring in agony and the table falling over. He sighed, and with his -good- arm righted the table, dragged it over and then set pen to the papers that had been sent flying, The Flight Surgeon, Aiechi Starglow’s healing had been 
effective. He’d ignored the wound too long. For fear of having it seen to, or because there was always something else needed doing that was more important. Or perhaps
even more insidiously
because he thought he -deserved- to Suffer.

He slowly flexed the fingers at the end of his bandaged arm. More mobile. That was good, surely?

He took up the pen with his right hand and started scribing a report. He tried to stop up his ears to the sounds of pain from the other tents. Tonights battle had not been
Kind to the Sun Hawks. Oh it was a victory alright. But he remembered looking at the injured and dismayed Dragonhawk riders as they landed, and thinking “One more Victory like this, and we are damned”

It had started well. They knew there was a Fel-Lord in the area, that there was a remnant camp of the Legion, and they knew there would be aerial resistance. It made sense, after all, for his Sun Hawks to address the threat. The Suramaritans had lived under a shield for ten thousand years, had no need or ability for an aerial force to operate. And they -were- here to help their Shal’dorei cousins. This was a task that was almost tailored to them.

They could not have said no.

So they flew.

Again, Starglow had seen them first, Felbats orbiting. The CAG, or ‘Chief of Air Group’ Erivana Everstride had done her work well, the two flights splitting and gaining height. And then, the hunt
The chase!
Brigante set his pen down as he recalled the fight. Twisting, turning, Diving, Fire and Fel spitting at each other. He’d missed with his first pass. Usually the easiest. You always tried to ‘Bounce’ an aerial foe, but today, the Goddess of the Skies had not been with him, or had blinked, for the ace of a thousand years had missed. It happened. Others of his Fliers did make their mark, and in a couple of cases killed outright their targets. This was good, for Brigante, flying Overwatch, could see the numbers, Six against Twenty Felbats

Something had to change.

It did.

The Felbats retreated, flying back towards Felsoul Hold, Brigante’s gut had went cold, he realised why, what had happened, and he barked out “CLIMB! CLIMB AND EVADE!”

It was a trap. Fel Cannons, camouflaged both magically and mundanely suddenly revealed themselves, Gan’arg gunners gleefully feeding the Fel Cannons ammunition as they spewed a hailstorm of fel infused bullets into the skies.

The Fire was indiscriminate, striking Hawkrider and Felbat alike, it was almost as if
they had been expected

The CAG ordered the Bombing Flight down to tend to the cannons, because now it looked like something new was happening
The Fel-Lord himself, Krath’azz was entering the fray.

Astride a blazing fel green Phoenix, he led the Fel-Bats who had rallied, and struck at the Sun Hawks.

Combat was joined.

Brigante saw one of the Fel Bats arrowing at him, and with good reason, in the previous skirmish Sunspear had ravaged its wing, and he had put out one of its eyes, It seemed the creature needed a rematch. The Sun Hawks again were badly outnumbered, even though many of the flock of Felbats had been brought down by Friendly Fire.

Diving, Jinking, spinning, Climbing, the heady feel of air heaved into the lungs even as you knew intellectually you were hyperventilating, and the hammering sound in your head was your own heartbeat, but you had to. You had to live on the edge, on the razorblade between reason and instinct. Because if you didn’t? You would make your Final Landing. The Ground would be your Grave. A scrape of talons against Sunspear’s barding, and a futile lashing with his lance, then a spin and Flame
.and the Felbat spiralled down to die, more a ball of flames than anything else by the time it hit the dirt.

The Bombing wing had done their job, the Legion Camp destroyed, cannons and engineers naught but ash under their ‘Falcon’ munitions, the resurgence in numbers aiding them. They all wanted that one. The Big Fat Kill. Fel-Lord Krath’azz.

It was not easy
they took injuries, almost lost a couple of Fliers, but ultimately

Brigante laughed

Ultimately the Fel Lord had fallen to a brothel dwelling profligate, an elf he was sure had been assigned to combat duty by clerical error, more a Public relations person, than a flier

He couldn’t help but laugh, even as the Sun Hawks trailed back to camp, through the skies the colour of an angry bruise, “Galeholt Solanum
.well swive me, I’m going to have to pin a medal on you for this one”. Despite the pain he kept laughing until they landed.

Still. It was done.

Fel-Lord Krath’azz and his Felsoul Creepers, were Dead.

4 Likes

If it’s mentioned elsewhere and I missed it, I’m sorry, a bit tired.
Question: how do people know where to find this roaming hub? I.e. is there any way to track you lot down
for interviews and casual gawking and gossiping.

2 Likes

Also, I love the use of “swive”. People don’t swive enough.

2 Likes

Belok pushed the furs covering the yurt’s exit to the side and - there she laid. Safe and sound, as he had hoped. He breathed a sharp grunt; Klaus’ words had been lies, of course. The worm was simply trying to get into his head - and had he succeeded?

Settling down on a log in the yurt’s center, he noticed that the haze of rage that had previously engulfed him began to wash away. In the few slow minutes that followed, the orc found himself staring at the woman before him. Was she worth the trouble? He had already been crippled twice in his efforts to keep her alive, if only temporarily.

Belok eventually rose from his seat, coming closer to Rogmasha. The thoughts quickly vanished as he knelt down, brushed her hair behind her ear and covered her bare shoulders with another fur. She began to stir and mumble in her sleep. Was she speaking to the elements even in her sleep? The bizarre thought brought a fleeting smile to his lips, before he returned to the log.

Belok grabbed his sharpening stone; he knew he was in for another long night at her side. Sidorovich was still out there, and the orc needed sharp weapons if he were to best him.

3 Likes

How much of the Suramar chain do you need to do for this to work? Kavash here has done none of it.

1 Like

Normally, the phasing affects only what you see and not your ability to see the other players, so having done none at all is fine! (The most affected areas are Shal’aran, the southern quarter of Suramar, and perhaps but I’m not sure Meredil. If you see no withered in Meredil itself, you’re good. Otherwise, just do the intro to bring Thalyssra to Shal’aran.)

1 Like

We’ve not been especially subtle; given the number of people (and in particular certain notorious figures such as the Bride Of Wrynn herself) passing through Meredil and Suramar City it’s probably easy enough to rationalise having a lead to follow.

I think a few of us were at Siavash’s event in Dalaran last night, as well; while I had to miss it myself due to RL commitments if it would help to have had a source overhear “brothel-dwelling profligate” (thanks Brigs) Galeholt Solanum loudly talking about doing Philanthropic Work in Suramar that also works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For Rogmasha and the Frozen Paw specifically, the Earthen Ring has a vague idea of her whereabout - for the Roaming Hub itself, our stops are often accompanied by IC justifications/organisations that are fairly public.

In the case of Meredil, Suramar, they’re helping a Suramar Restoration Committee clean up the exterior of the empire!

1 Like

Yoinks!
I’m keeping that one!

Nothing an investigative reporter with a can-do attitude and a fueled-up flying machine can track down then! I see headlines in the future!

3 Likes

I’m gonna pick that one if no one protest, to be played on thursday 28 for the Sun Hawks and anyone who want to come experiment my first English DM’ing.

3 Likes

Noted and tagged!

1 Like

The group went out to collect themselves some bandits. Starting at the ruins, it was quickly realized these individuals were not the friendly kind, leaving behind a lone man to throw a grenade sized manabomb. Following the leads, they were brought around and up to the passage into Stormheim. There, sitting in a ambush was seven bandits ready to use smokescreens on the cliffsides. After the group successfully defended themselfs from another grenade and the group, they were tied up and left with Watcher Delarn. Delarn, giving leadership over to Knight-Lord Sunsworn, took the group into Stormheim and succesfully beat down the bandits to be returned home for justice. In the heat of the battle, Knight Sunpure slid off a ledge, and needed immediet saving, before the group could return home to Suramar. Towed by the pandaren Brightbelly, the cart with the loot and the elves were returned.

4 Likes

oh dear. I suspect most of the Sun Hawks just felt a great disturbance in the force at the idea Gale might ever actually get to do this PR stuff he keeps claiming he’s here for :joy:

YES. MUCH KEEN.

3 Likes

And with that, the map is updated!

This looks awesome Rog, the best of luck with it.

1 Like

In recognition of the adventurers’ efforts over the past week, the Suramar Restoration Committee has pooled together their resources to celebrate them, their work, and the ever-closer bond between the Nightborne and the Horde.

On the 28th, at the 8th evening hour, they are invited to The Concourse of Destiny above Suramar City, where a toast will be made to their efforts, a meal will be served, and much revelry will be had.

And there’s our closer for Suramar, ready and waiting!

4 Likes

5 - Arcane Vintage

After hearing news of Suramar’s wine-making process being spiked with fel in an effort to corrupt the populace, the Sanguine Eye paid visit to the Twilight Vineyards to investigate the matter. After a tour of the vineyard and a series of near mishaps, the Sin’dorei were able to identify the source of the corruption; a vintner named Siourthel, a former-Lord embittered with his loss of power and position following the Nightfallen rebellion. With the promise of revenge fed to him by two succubi hailing from Felsoul Hold, he had spiked several barrels with fel-blood taken from unfortunate imps. Ultimately, the succubi were slain and Siourthel was handed over to the Duskwatch to face judgment for his crimes.

4 Likes

These dorks have been an absolute delight to DM for this week! Definitely dip in and check out the hub if it’s something that interests you.

3 Likes

And with that lil’ celebration, our stint in Suramar is at an end! Many thanks to Reveaux, Nexyra, Celisae, Erithur and everyone else who helped host events for us, and all our other participants on this stop of the Roaming Hub!

Next up tomorrow: Highmountain!

4 Likes

So, uhh

With Rogmasha currently in captivity, the future of the Roaming Hub is rather uncertain! Consider it formally up-in-the-air for the time being until I’ve talked with our other hosts about what we’ll do.

1 Like