[H-RP] Kosh'harg Festival, Fall 2019

There are many children at the festival.

Dont like it? Dont attend.

Got an opinion on child RP? Make your own thread.

While I do think questioning if certain attendees should be present is fine, and that sexually explicit /yells are bad, it’s probably better to contact the organisers/people in question if it’s a legitimate concern with names & details - I doubt posting it here will really achieve much

1 Like

Considering it strange and uncomfortable when adults roleplay (often barely pubescent or even prepubescent) children in a video game is far from a “weird minority opinion.” Perhaps you need a reality check.

21 Likes

Oh boy…
Edit: What seems to be the issue? Child rpers? If you don’t like them ignore them? Is there really any need for an argument?

The only “children” I would remotely accept at the Kosh’harg are orcs who undergo their Om’riggor, but even then that’s not child RP, since orcs mature very fast and are considered adults after the ritual.

Other than that, I find it pretty strange to see so many Blood Elf children RPers around as well. I saw at least 3-4 players who roleplay anything from 10 to 14 year olds.

18 Likes

Yeah the festival hosted in the shattered world of Outland where Thrall goes to be left alone, including places such as the Hellfire Peninsula where the ground is paved with skeletal remains

Also the festival where apparently children casually go to play dress up or watch dating auctions (?), so sad to watch what is supposed to be the traditionalist orcish role play event of the year being turned into second life role play

Don’t like it ? Voice your opinion instead of just quietly abiding what will ultimately bring role play standards further down

Show me ownership of this thread, please [barks a bit]

26 Likes

First Kosh’harg for Skint and having a lot of fun already! Even if I (due to IC reasons) don’t approach the crowds much, I had some lovely people approaching me and keeping me company the past days!
Looking forward to the rest of the week! ^^ It’s always a great time meeting new people.

7 Likes

I imagine the common orc child of Orgrimmar is used to seeing things just as terrible or even worse with the dead wandering the streets.

1 Like

Make Kosh’harg great again! Dons hateful cis male hat.

In all seriousness however it’s weird to see a thing that is meant for Orcs, that is steeped in shamanism, turned into some weird brewfest-like gathering of ALL races. A few more blood elves and Orcs truly are the minority at their own festival.

As for child RP and some dumb comment of ‘don’t like it don’t attend’…

Child RP is weird and I don’t want to see adults play something like that but that’s just me. But coming at people with ‘don’t like it don’t attend’ is such a cheap copout and makes you look like some weak-spined person who just allows RP to water down even more.

22 Likes

Not sure orc children have soft, pink skin and long ears, but that may just be me.

12 Likes

nonce

10 characters

9 Likes

Having a child craft a plush for a grown orc? The unions would have my hide!

2 Likes

I can make you one, Tagrok! :wink: More gifts are needed I see!

2 Likes

You had us in the first half I ain’t gonna lie

9 Likes

Speaking of hats. I don’t know who was playing the Prepfoot Tauren yesterday, but sir, thank you, you made my evening with your fish hats and amazing prophecies. <3

2 Likes

Oh so we are refering only to that one -elf-child at the Kosh’harg.

1 Like

I have yet to see anyone voice issue with the young orcs attending their own traditions.

11 Likes

Seems that way.

1 Like

Kosh’harg is probably my favorite RP event of the year, it’s great to see so many familiar faces again!

9 Likes

Was great to see Vivian with her fruity hat!

2 Likes