[H-RP] Kosh'harg Festival, Fall 2019

Has sex once.

3 Likes

:scream_cat:

1 Like

:scream::scream::scream::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Don’t worry, we have the finest raiders practicing a solution to the issues already.

https://gyazo.com/c3cb2ce2533fe4dc6fccad25f0743297

5 Likes

Can a man come by?

Mans gotta get the famed Gerador Kebabs

Of course! You’d hardly be the most out of place and all are welcome at the Kosh’harg.

3 Likes

Rat Kabob?

1 Like

Good evening to you all!

Tonight’s itinerary is:-

- 20:00 - Costume contest!

- 21:00 - Iron Fortitude! Bring your A game and show us your strength and endurance! 

- 22:00 - Om'riggor! Are you a new orc RPer looking for a good start to your character? Or maybe you just want to earn a new honour name for an existing character! The time honoured Om'riggor will be run as always at the Kosh'harg, giving any orc a chance to understand the ritual hunt and bring back trophies and a good story!
10 Likes

That moment when your post does not appear quite as you expected it. :'D

2 Likes

Don’t create them then. I know it wasn’t you personally but you shouldn’t push OOC agendas IC. We’ll continue to be present at the Kosh’harg, peacefully (as we always have). Hopefully if you lot have taken anything on board there won’t be further problems (the elf babies argument is kinda out of your control, if you favour them or not).

10 Likes

Admittedly, having popped by the other evening, I can appreciate other races attending, but the activities seemingly dilute the atmosphere in favour of turning into something akin to your seasonal Quel’thalas balls but in the setting of Nagrand.

I think the Kosh’harg is a great concept to execute IC, and props to you for taking it on, but don’t sell it out as any old event, to the hindrance of the Orc community.

16 Likes

“I always looked forward to the Kosh’harg festivals in Nagrand, for it was a time of rare friendship.”
— Chieftain Durotan

The Kosh’harg, sometimes known as the Kosh’harg celebration or Kosh’harg festival, was a biannual event held by the diverse and numerous orcish clans of Draenor. It took place during the spring and the autumn, in honor of the time when day and night are the same length.
Because of the vast differences in culture, dress, religious dogma and dialects between all the orc clans, they were generally insular and independent cells.
However, the elders of all clans recognized the importance of meeting to discuss various matters, and thus the Kosh’harg was created and honored.

The festival was originally a biannual gathering of shaman created by the Shadowmoon clan shortly after the orcs first learned the arts of shamanism, but it soon grew to include all orcs. The Kosh’harg was always held in the shadow of Oshu’gun, the “Mountain of Spirits” in Nagrand.
Any violence or vendettas pursued during the event was strictly forbidden and held grave consequences, since Nagrand was considered holy ground. The length of the festival depended on how many pressing concerns needed to be addressed, but such matters were a rarity, and the gathering shifted much more to the mood of a festival rather than a commune. Many Kosh’hargs were simply meet-and-greets to catch up and see old faces once more, becoming a rare time when the clans could put aside their rivalries, share news, foster ties, and feast in friendship.

:thinking: By that, I’d say the organizers are doing well with what they are doing.

7 Likes

Well! This thread has been active I see.

First of all I want to say that Razor Hill Raiders are still very much welcome to be in Garadar and attend to the Kosh’harg events. You guys aren’t banned. Insults and arguements has happened every time and no one has ever been banned for it.

As for the odd events we have at Kosh’harg:
For starters, we are trying out these events to see how well liked they are. To see if they were a bad idea or something we should do again. So your feedback is of course welcomed! If it’s actually helpful toward why a certain event should or shouldn’t happen.

I also want to add that having orcish only events and orc only Kosh’harg have been done before.
What was the issue there was that the events weren’t enough and people didn’t like the idea of orc only Kosh’harg.

That was all for now, I hope you all enjoy the rest of Kosh’harg!
Feel free to take a cookie from the cookie-jar.

4 Likes

I too can read wowpedia. Maybe you should take a look at Pullo’s post before, as he clearly pointed out the it says in the same article:

Better luck next time.

9 Likes

Some of us prefer the rule, as opposed to the exception though. It’s the difference between keeping the traditions and breaking them.

Regardless, the Razor hill raiders were at no point banned, simply warned they may be turned away from contests if they kept stoking trouble. so do feel free to take part in iron fortitude tonight.

Sure, and there is no issue with that as long as it is enforced IC, imho.

4 Likes

Oh yes, a single incident between a Chieftain and his son who he called out his own father to a sacred duel is reason to say violence, feuding, and hostilities are A-OK during the festival by your rationale.

Try again!

I would say anything is A-OK as long as it follows IC rationale and consequences are kept. Artifically limiting the possibilities how people can roleplay seems unreasonably oppressive to me.

13 Likes

Unless it’s not your event, in which case it’s common courtesy to follow the established guidelines.