[H-RP] Orcs of the Red Blade – Now Old Enough to Drive and Vote!

Only for thish shtory arc, Okiba! There will be more! If you are returning in the 5th month of thish year, you will shurely not missh out on the next one.
26/04/2018 09:14Posted by Hellbrew
Only for thish shtory arc, Okiba! There will be more! If you are returning in the 5th month of thish year, you will shurely not missh out on the next one.

Funny you should say that, because I'll be back...

...in 11 days!

Lok'tar Ogar! for the Blood of the clan!

(P.S. yes, i'm bringing a crate of Sausages)
Excellent! Party time!
Part 12: The Night of Spears
29th of April

Ever since the return of the Red Blade clan, their banner had seen only limited action upon any large battlefields. The only proof of conflict upon its colours, was the dried up sand of Silithus as its cloth danced in the Barrens' winds. Tonight, however, there would be more upon the banner than just sand...

The time had come to mobilize every orc and centaur available for battle. Worza's hand had been forced, and he had now amassed a small army to face Krerak and the Red Blades in the open field. Upon first sign of this, the Red Blades made for Krerak's oasis to draw up a battle plan. Upon arrival, the Kolkar exiles were already well on their way to prepare for war. Families were readying their warriors who were about to go to battle, and Krerak and his champions were setting up a plan of attack. Upon his recommendation, the orcs would be best served to hold the center of the front lines, ensuring the flanks would be held by the swiftness of the centaurs' own legs and the champions who led them. Having agreed upon the plan, the orcs set about making their own final preparations. Under Thur'ruk Kogra Windwatcher's guidance, a ritual was set up to invoke the Great Spirits of the clan, calling upon their protection for each orc as they had drawn upon them the runes and markings of the wolf spirits with the blood of the sacrificed. The Red Blade was ready for war.

A long herd of centaur warriors accompanied the Red Blades to the battlefield, ranging as far as the eye could see to the horizon. When they arrived, many already stood ready for battle... yet there was no sign of the enemy. Briefly, there was the notion that Worza might have had other plans for his warriors and might plan a ruse, but such elaborate plans are too far-fetched for the likes of centaurs. Within moments, his warriors began to flock from the treeline of the oasis like a mass of ants. They did not attack just yet, however. Instead, an imposing figure came riding towards them, flanked by several bodyguards. It was the Warlord Worza himself.

Worza was not surprised in the slightest to see the Red Blades having joined forces with Krerak, for he despised both equally given his previous run-ins with the orcs. Even so, he gave the orcs a choice to abandon Krerak's cause, for it was a matter between centaur and centaur. Worza's words fell upon deaf ears however, as the orcs were determined to stand by the word they had given Krerak. Tonight, orc would stand beside centaur for the greater good. A night not only of the spear, but of the axe as well. Disappointed and disgusted, Worza withdrew back to his own warriors across the open field. Battle was about to determine the fate of the Kolkar clan in the Barrens...

Chieftain Kozgugore Feraleye stepped forward to inspire the orcs with a final, rousing speech, before personally giving the order to charge. A violent clash of orc and centaur versus centaur ensued, leaving many dead and wounded within the very first seconds of the battle's onset. This was no battle that is typically described as beautiful and glorious. It was a slaughter and a pure mess of centaur limbs and heads, as the centaurs' reputation for their crude means of warfare easily equaled that of the orcs. Amidst the chaos, the imposing Warlord Worza slowly hacked his way towards the front line of orcs with his immense and crude blade, flanked by two of his finest champions. Meanwhile however, a messenger arrived to inform Krerak that the left flank was threatening to fall to the pressure of the enemy ranks! Forced to withdraw some of his own troops, Chieftain Feraleye ordered Rrosh-tul Nosh'marak Ironclaw to take several orcs with him to return to their wolves and see to the left flank instead. This had now become a battle not only against the centaurs, but against time as well, with the left flank threatening to fall on one end, and Worza closing in on the other.

Followed by Kai'gron Ripclaw, Karnna Blackfeather, Atar'ka, Mal'garr Firefist and Vraxxar Wildmark, Rrosh-tul Ironclaw was quick to retaliate on the left flank. In a lightning strike, the orcs struck the enemy centaurs in their flank and were allowed to charge freely through them! Meanwhile however, Worza approached fast upon the center and its defending orcs, waving his enormous blade around in wide arcs and taking down orcs and centaurs alike in the process! Through sheer determination and iron will, both of his champions managed to be picked off in no small part thanks to Kyrazha Throatrender, whose arrows struck true upon both. This did not relent Worza himself however, as he was nigh-unstoppable in his berserk rage! The left flank had to be rolled up quick in order to seize control of the situation... And as if guided by the spirits themselves, the left flank would soon bend the knee! Many centaur warriors, including the champion holding their flank, fell underneath the might of the wolf backed orcs as they ran rampant across the left flank and worked their way towards the center. Before they could reach them however, Worza soon began to realize his imminent defeat.

Counting his losses, Worza turned tail and ran, instead ordering his warriors to seek shelter at the treeline of the oasis. Hounded by the Red Blades, Shatterskull Marauders and centaur exiles on their heels however, many of the fleeing enemies were cut down before they could make it... and those who did, managed to form only a feeble last stand. The orcs briefly reformed their lines, before they charged once more and broke the last line of their defense entirely! The centaur warriors ran rampant across the oasis, hunted down by orc and centaur alike as victory seemed within grasp!... And yet, it would all be for naught, if Worza would not be counted among the dead. Instead, the Warlord managed to hack his way through his attackers and attempted to flee the oasis to live and fight another day. Refusing to let the Warlord get away, the Chieftain ordered Rrosh-tul Ironclaw to outmaneuver the fleeing centaur with his wolf backed warriors.

Cloven centaur hooves proved no match for swift wolf feet that night. Cleverly outmaneuvering the retreating Worza, the Red Blades managed to corner the defeated Warlord. Even then, Worza refused to give in, however... even if the Red Blades would not have given him any such courtesy to begin with. The Warlord made a worthy last stand for one of his kind, warding off some of Karnna's attacks before being set afire by one of Kai'gron's vials and decapitated by Karnna's spirit-blessed blade. Then, the blazing remains of his body were kicked by a charging Kai'gron, cast from the highest edge of the ravine at the Great Divide. With his head rolling down the hill unto Chieftain Feraleye's boots and his burning carcass falling down into the pits below, Worza's death marked the end of the Kolkar uprising...

The orcs and their allies cried out and cheered in victory as Worza's head was held up high on display. When Krerak and his retinue followed to join them, he too saw that victory was achieved that day, and in no small part thanks to the orcs' intervention. He was left to admit that if it were not thanks to their aid, Krerak's cause would have been futile from the very start, considering the vast amount of warriors that were still at Worza's command. Now forced to uphold his end of the bargain, Krerak solemnly swore in the presence of orc and centaur alike that from this day onward, the local Kolkar clan would no longer conduct any raids upon Horde lands or caravans, and remain isolated in what few oases the Kolkar called their home. With both ends upheld and their honour intact, the two unlikely allies finally decided to part ways. After all, both agreed that, for all the blood they had shared together, orc and centaur make unlikely and, frankly, uncomfortable allies. Far better is it to simply part ways and expect either side to never have to conduct business with the other again. Even so, a number of valuable lessons had been learned throughout both this battle and the campaign. For without honor, what is any orc or, indeed, any self-respecting individual, upon this earth? No matter appearances, allegiance, race or otherwise, a person is to be judged by the merit of his honor alone... And honor, that is what goes above all else for these Red Blades. Even if it can be found in what would normally be their enemies. Perhaps a lesson that, in the future, too, shall become relevant...

What a ride it's been! Last night marked the end of our second campaign in our ongoing, overarching narrative for the guild! If you're interested in reading back on what happened through it, you can read up on every single event in the thread below!
http://orcsoftheredblade.com/forum/index.php?topic=4636.msg44942#msg44942

For the coming month, we have plenty more in store for our members though! We'll be enclosing more information on that in the days to come, but for now, we're relishing in the taste of sweet victory!
Epic conclusion, wish I could have been there!
Honored brothers and sisters,

This past month, the clan has been gripped by a heady and complicated conflict. Though the centaurs were ever our hated enemy since the day we first happened upon them following our encounter with the Shu'halo people, they - much like our own people - cannot be defined with single word or sentence. Our Code commands us to judge others not by their race, appearances, allegiance or faith, but by their honor alone. And much as our own people know many different beliefs and customs, not all centaurs are of the antagonistic inclination. The former Warlord Krerak of the Kolkar clan proved noble in his intentions when he aided us during conflict, so we judged him by the only measure worth gauging with and agreed to aid him in deposing his usurper, the Warlord Worza. In exchange for our aid, Krerak agreed to halt any further expansions of his clan in the Northern Barrens, ceasing any hostile activities towards Horde lands and caravans. With the Kolkar uprising successfully concluded in no small part thanks to our own orcs' intrepid efforts, we intend to see Krerak honor his pledge now that he has been returned upon the seat of power for the local clan. Those who seek to review any additional details on our past operations in the Northern Barrens may seek them in our campaign report.

Valuable lessons were learned over the course of our campaign. I know many of you question the visions that the spirits saw fit to bestow upon us throughout the past moon, but I have every confidence that the lessons taught - however harsh some may have been - served the greater good. With a better understanding of our Code of Honor, I look to each of you to uphold its core tenets and to spread its value among your fellow orcs and allies. The Code is a defining component of what makes the Red Blade clan the noble family it strives to be. A family that looks out for one another in this time of ever-rising tensions.

As we prepare for high summer, a more joyous time of celebrations and traditions await us in the coming month. Before that time is upon us however, we already have another matter that has recently demanded our attention. At the onset of the new month, Kai'gron Ripclaw seeks volunteers for a number of operations in our homelands. Shortly thereafter, Rrosh-tul Nosh'marak Ironclaw shall call upon all orcs to report in the Stranglethorn Jungle, for an underground criminal network threatens to endanger Horde operations and its operatives. For any additional information regarding this undertaking, seek out his reports on the upcoming campaign.

For the Blood of Redblade,
Kozgugore Feraleye

Our first monthly newsletter has arrived! For all the details on this month's activities both IC and OOC, do feel free to go and have a peek on our front page at orcsoftheredblade.com!
The Red Blade are still taking care of some small matters in the Barrens before we shall journey on towards Stranglethorn Vale for some jungle adventures! :D Very much looking forwards to our own Rrosh'tul Noshmarak's campaign!
In the jungle...

...the mighty jungle...

...the Red Blade Lok'Tar tonight...

For the blood! Back in two days and really looking forward to this!
Much as I hate to double post...

Members of the Red blade will tonight be conducting a patrol of the area around the crossroads! a little DM event and social RP before/after for any green skinned, tusk faced type to join in on!

20:30 server time!
So soon after the previous one, the next campaign is already on our doorstep! We're setting out for Stranglethorn Jungle tomorrow evening... but before that, we still have a chance to commemorate the final event of our previous campaign, the Night of Spears, with a completely random guild wallpaper! Check it out right here!

http://orcsoftheredblade.com/images/campaigns/HonorofOrcsWallpaper.png
It felt good to be bringing some justice to the enemies of the Horde again tonight!

A great start to our new campaign in da' jungle!
An old face returns to us after two years of absense. Welcome back, Gridish Rimeweaver! <3
Welcome back Gridish!

We also had an off-event night, but that didn't stop us telling story's around the fire about our clan ancestors!

http://orcsoftheredblade.com/forum/gallery/292_17_05_18_11_41_22.jpeg
Tagging along these fine orcs in their jungle ventures for a while! Today, among other things, we fought a goblin mounted on a king kong.

https://i.imgur.com/jil8Kak.jpg
Member Spotlight: Trakmar

Though he's been in the running for a Member Spotlight for well over a year, it took a little while for Trakmar to be featured due to the guild's hiatus last year. Now that we're back though, it's time for Trakmar to finally be given the attention he deserves! Having been promoted to the clan's Thur'ruk following the return of the guild half a year ago, he's been knee deep in training Gosh'kar and giving warlocks the evil eye. Read all about his rise to fame here!

So what's the earliest memory you have of the guild? And was there any specific reason that you chose to eventually join this guild at the time?
The earliest memory is when I took a day with a level 1 alt and was summoned to Grizzly Hills just to try out RP with you guys. What eventually led me to join was the fact that it is an orc-clan guild with its own rites, culture and such which gives it a more unique touch than Generic Warband #38946. Furthermore, it’s a guild that I have consistently enjoyed, which has resulted in my most fleshed-out character.

You've been with the guild for quite a few years now. What's the reason that you chose to stick with it for all this time? And throughout all that time, do you have any fondest memories?
The guild being unique is what made me stick around, as well as the people with some of whom I have been friends with for six years now since I joined. And my fondest memory... would be when we broke ol’ Papa Koz out of prison around the time the rebellion started, thus leaving the guild on its own as pretty much traitors to the Horde. Exciting stories were had!

As one of the spiritual leaders of the clan, is there anything that you feel is important for you and others to keep in mind when dealing with the orcs' spiritual side?
Given Orcs of the Red Blade is a clan guild, I feel it is important that the clan’s ways are shown IC, in our rituals and such. We stick to our thing, and those that want to not stick to our thing have to do their things away from us. For influences to how Trakmar does things, ritual-wise I have looked into real life tribal societies for inspiration, mainly in regard to blood-oaths and blood offerings. Other than that, I also sometimes make up something and turn that into something my character does regularly, such as sacrificing an animal before our gatherings.

With Battle for Azeroth just around the corner, what is your view on the developments that seem to be taking place in the Horde storyline? Or your stance on the faction war?
OOC, I’m very excited to see how things are developing. And I am very much looking forward to how AD on Horde side is going to take Sylvanas’ shenanigans in the future. I have a feeling that there will be some guilds (especially the undead ones) that will stay very loyal to the Horde, while others who are more honour-bound or traditional might make some distance from Sylvanas’ Horde if not outright leaving. Hopefully this will create more inter-guild RP, with some juicy conflict.

Are there anything particular things that you would still like to try out for your orc at any point? Is there anything you feel that he might still be lacking, or has he already achieved everything that you could possibly hope for him?
Nothing, really. In fact, with his development over the years, I have at times felt Trakmar’s story have come to an end, or at least a standstill. He has had some great development in the guild, going from New Blood to Gosh’kar, then exile, and now he advises the Chieftain and finds himself in a position of leadership. What I’ve stopped doing the past few months is to actually stop thinking ahead where I’d like Trak to go and just go with the flow instead, really.

Our next Member Spotlight has come! This month, it's down to Trakmar to tell us a little bit about himself. If you'd like a little snippet of his mysterious inner workings, check it out on our front page in its full glory.

http://orcsoftheredblade.com/forum/index.php
After a successful operation against the Emerald Saber Company which the Orcs rescued and set free numerous caged animals. Kai'gron attempts to feed six playful little bundles of pain in the !@# bitey snarly garn pups.

http://orcsoftheredblade.com/forum/gallery/2546_19_05_18_8_22_55.png
Amazing skills as usual Kaigron!

...we'll have to put them to good use elsewhere!

(sweet Garn puppies by the way!)
It may not be April 1st, but it certainly was May 25th yesterday! And Sadok had a little surprise for such a special internet occasion...

Here at Orcs of the Red Blade, we value your privacy and want to be clear about what information we collect and receive, how we use it and your rights over that information. As a result, we’ve updated our Privacy Policy.

These updates reflect our commitment to the high standards of transparency established by new European Union law, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes into effect on Friday, 25 May 2018. We’re committed to your privacy at Orcs of the Red Blade and have always believed that in order to give you the best roleplaying experience, we should be clear, transparent and honourable about what information we collect and use and how we protect it. Therefore, we’re taking the opportunity to update our Privacy Policy for Orcs of the Red Blade members worldwide. The updates clarify and provide additional information about:

1. Your rights to privacy and how to exercise them;
2. How we collect, receive and use your information;
3. The legal bases we rely on to use your personal data;
4. Lok'tar; and
5. Ogar.

Please go to https://www.orcsoftheredblade.com/privacy/ to read the updated Privacy Policy, which will be effective from Friday, 25 May 2018.
That made me laugh far more than it should of...

...and to my shame, yes, I did try the link.
*Gashuk draws a ritual circle in the beach-sands near the settlement of Grom'gol, drawing on the astral arcane energy of the Dark Beyond as he begins to utter incantation under his breath. As his body becomes energised the Orc Ritualist bumps the forum thread with an almighty blast of eldritch power. "Take that, page 4!"*