[H-RP]The Frozen Paw Clan - A Light in the Darkness šŸ”„

Great! Now Sena will never get that hug from Rogmasha.

All according to plan then.

iā€™m sorry it has to be this way

1 Like

As good olā€™ JR would say:

ā€œLooks like business is about to pick upā€

2 Likes

Its on :dagger:

2 Likes

Where have the Frozen Paw gone, you might ask? Why, weā€™re currently at Koshā€™harg in Nagrand, celebrating the bi-annual festival alongside the Orcish kindred and people from all over!

After that, as it stands right now, weā€™ll be attending the RP-PvP campaign in Silverpine Forest, where one of our resident Overseers has been elected as one of itā€™s commanders!

2 Likes

I shall indeed still seek you out once my work in Gilneas comes to a close.

Casual bump coming through, make way

1 Like

Love what this guild is about. How active does a member need to be, out of interest? I am sporadically away for travel and responsibilities at home.

1 Like

We donā€™t have any particular activity requirements beyond coming online once a month, or telling me otherwise if you canā€™t make it!

That said, do expect things to shuffle around a lot! The guildā€™s story, where weā€™re going and which stories weā€™re pursuing changes quite a lot month to month.

That doesnā€™t sound too erroneous to me.

Weā€™ve got a newborn at home so Iā€™m not online at the moment as much as I would like to be, but once sheā€™s settled down into a schedule a bit more I would love to get in touch!

1 Like

No worries there - you wonā€™t even be the only parent hovering around in our guild.

Keep an eye on our list of officers in the main post, if Iā€™m not around they can figure something out! :slight_smile:

Entry One

Itā€™s hard to imagine that someone like me would wind up getting themselves involved with the Horde war effort; though on home soil. I never forswore seeing me in a line of hardened, veteran warriors colliding with the forces of the Alliance in an effort to bolster territory and to uncover the secret of a mysterious relic. I also never saw myself joining up with a group of like-minded people, wanting to both protect our lands from those who would defile and invade it, but also uphold the virtues of the Horde.

Difficult to believe, but all true.

To keep with tradition, however, my run of bad luck continues; that group are being hunted by those who do not represent the Hordeā€™s ideals and deem them and their allies as traitors. The person who gave me a chance to prove myself is in dangerā€¦ And evidently, so am I.

I donā€™t regret it, though. Iā€™ve met some great people who I call friends, learnt so much in a short amount of time and ā€“ even though I was terrified ā€“ got out of ordeals because of them. Iā€™ve never felt so part of something until now. This must be what it feels like to be Horde in the world.

Speaking of the world, Iā€™ve seen so many places but yet thereā€™s so much more to discover. Weā€™ve travelled to Pandaria, Suramar and the farthest regions of Kalimdorā€¦ And even they werenā€™t explored fully.

A year ago, the only place I would describe as ā€˜beautifulā€™ was Eversong Woods and the only home I ever knew was Quelā€™thalas. This journey of mine has opened my eyes to the sheer expanse of what is truly out there, beyond rumour and story.

There are ugly parts, too; danger lurks around every corner, be it in the form of beast, monster, people or the Allianceā€¦ And I have seen things someone of my experience should not ever witness. The amount of times Iā€™ve wanted to run away, cower or simply hide are numerous, but I try. Iā€™ve clung onto hope and my friends have always come through for me. Weā€™re a family. We protect each other.

That hasnā€™t changed even now, though the strain can be felt.

We may be a clan without a chieftain, but we are not helplessā€¦ As much as it may feel that way at times.

Until the day comes that we get her back ā€“ for I truly believe she still breathes ā€“ all we can do is fight on and do what she would want us to do; inspire, bring hope and aid those who need it most.

For now we remain in the plains of Mulgore; a place I escaped to many times when the Horde capital got too stifling before I left for Stonetalon Mountains those few months past. Although not as grandiose or as awe-inspiring when compared to the other places Iā€™ve seen, I welcome the humble simplicity of it all.

It reminds me of where I came from and brings home the importance of where I am now.

This tabard I wear does not decorate me as a solider, nor does it decorate me as a hero; it shows that I am an equal. We work to protect our land, the vulnerable amongst us and for the civilians going about their lives; those that get forgotten in times of war like these. It is a noble cause.

Will it win me medals? No.

Will it get me adoration? Probably not.

Will it help the Horde as a whole? Definitely.

It is for that reason alone that it is worth it.

I hope Rogmasha realised what she has taught me, even if I never told her.

4 Likes

Entry Two

The lake is the only place where I can find some semblance of peace. The barks of orders, the plethora of mounts and siege equipment being moved and maintained, as well as the chatter of the campā€™s residents canā€™t be heard so much here.

Silverpine would be a much more beautiful landscape if it werenā€™t for the Forsakenā€™s grim architecture and overall presence. Not that I can say such so openly. I may not agree with their methods or like them, but they are alliesā€¦ Some of them anyway.

Quelā€™thalas feels so far away, even though we travelled from there just the day prior. I already miss it, despite the memories of the past tormenting me the past few nights.

After a week consisting of ā€“ mostly ā€“ relaxation, coming to a hostile environment feels like a whole new world. We deserved it after a week of hell in Northrend. Rogmasha is back with us, safe and sound. We were rewarded for our service; with Valladia allowing me membership to the Voice of Azeroth ā€“ a group of people dedicated to healing the world, regardless of faction. We worked alongside those with no banner and even the Alliance, to wipe out what threatened us all.

Now, here we are, fighting against each other once again.

But I canā€™t bring myself to do it.

I donā€™t know whatā€™s wrong with me. This isnā€™t the first time I have faced the Alliance in battle, yet this feels different somehow. Iā€™ve avoided it so far, being given orders to scout and perform reconnaissance with Oshur, but when we looked over that ridge and I saw my friends fightingā€¦ I froze. Not out of fear, but out of unwillingness.

What sort of friend am I?

To make matters worse, I had the opportunity to kill one of them. On our way back, I found a downed human soldier in the grass, amidst the battle. He was alive, just barely. I couldnā€™t do it. I couldnā€™t let anyone else do it, either. When their friends arrived to help, weapons in hand and questioning my intentions, I simply left and told them to remember my kindness. No blood was spilt, but neither did I bring honour to my clan or to the Horde.

Must I choose between being a good person and being a man of honour? When I look at my friends and see their willingness to fight, to take prisoners, to kill; are they wrong or am I? In a camp filled with supposed comrades, I feel utterly alone.

I canā€™t do this. I donā€™t want to do this.

I just want to go. I want to get away from war. I shame my people; I shame Quelā€™thalas.

Most of allā€¦

I shame myself.

6 Likes

Entry Three

The fighting is over.

Although we survived, we didnā€™t make it out completely unscathed. Many Horde soldiers died trying to hold back the Alliance and I almost joined them. I had been beaten many times in those skirmishes and still went back to fight, but I think fate was trying to tell me that Iā€™d reached my limitā€¦ And the end of my luck.

Iā€™ve seen anger in the eyes of our enemies before and Iā€™ve been given plenty of insults to go with it, but something was different. Some of those we fought werenā€™t there for their King and for their duty; they were there because they wanted us dead. It may be nothing new to the seasoned veterans and experienced warriors I stood with, but to see that anger turn into hateful bloodlust terrified and disturbed me.

Whether we won or lost doesnā€™t mean much to me; the fighting continues regardless. I only pray that Quelā€™thalas will remain untouched and safe for the time being.

As for us ā€“ with our tour of duty over ā€“ we have retired to Uldum for rest, recovery and resupplying. I couldnā€™t have been more thankful. Sure, the days are blazing hot and the nights are freezing, but the peace and quiet compared to the absolute din Iā€™ve had to endure lately is a blessing. Soon enough, weā€™ll see Rogmasha again and we can move onto what we do best; adventuring and helping.

With the peace, however, my thoughts wander and lead me through the darker corners of my mind. I worry for my friendā€™s safety. Itā€™s been a month or so since I last saw him, on that fateful night where Tabris ā€“ that wretched monster ā€“ tore him away from me. I still donā€™t know if he is alive, or if he is ā€“ where he is being held.

What of Tabris himself? Where is he? What will his next move be? Or Lomā€™rakā€™s? Iā€™m terrified of them both, but the former is more likely than the latter. If he found us so easily in Mulgore, he could find us anywhere. Iā€™m not strong enough to fight beings as strong as they.

The one thing that gives me hope is my friends. Without them, I wouldnā€™t be here writing this now. I am forever grateful to them for helping me, guiding me, saving my life and still giving me the privilege of their affections. I worry that I am a burden often, even when Iā€™m told that Iā€™m not. Some habits are just too difficult to break or ignore.

What I canā€™t ignore are my feelings for Aaillish.

She hasnā€™t changed a bit since we first met and my heart swells whenever I see her. She has been my rock ever since she began to travel with us and the more we talk, the more I realise that we are so alike. I couldnā€™t help but get lost just watching her in the moonlight; as though Elune herself was demanding me to take notice.

The markings etched into her delicate features are akin to my tainted gaze; signs of struggle overcome.

I suppose that goes for all of us.

7 Likes

Just stealing the 100th post >:)

6 Likes

You monster!!! You horrible monster!!!

2 Likes

NOOOOO you are a monster indeed! It belonged to me or Sena!

MAKā€™GORA! LOKā€™TAR

3 Likes

these guys right here?

pretty good guys :skull:

6 Likes

Lovely people, hope to meet them again or even cooperate together towards something in the future.

4 Likes