[H-RP] šŸ¦Š Vulpera Caravan - The Dust Scavengers

I havenā€™t interacted much with the Dust Scavengers recently, but from our interactions during the last campaign both our guildā€™s attended, you seem like decent folks, so I say this without any malice: Please reconsider the whole kit thing. I understand that having families around might play very well into the fantasy of Vulpera caravan RP, but it really is much more trouble than it is worth and you are closing so many doors when it comes to interacting with the rest of the community.

8 Likes

We donā€™t encourage such RP per se, but it would seem weird to ban all kind of teen RP, as not everyone is a full blown adult. Our guild has even involved parent of a member, that is happy with our cooperation and how we run the guild.

We take such issues seriously, not only because of above, but because we run SFW guild, in-game and on Discord server. At the same time weā€™re not machines that scan and spy on every member to proactively kick and ban, weā€™re humans with daily jobs. When something comes up, we act on it, and try to keep an eye for not accepted behavior.

Iā€™m surprised about such reaction from simple tab input in TRP. Everyone came to conclusion what exactly it means, and brought out the torches.

With all due respect, I donā€™t think you wrote this post with good intentions, on this issue. For some reason youā€™re quick to blame us, and leave all the context, that would clear up the situation.

You didnā€™t left the guild on good standing, and the situation surrounding your leave was not that simple. I will leave the details because this is not the time and place.
Also, every time we, as the guild and every member, tried to interact with you or your guild, weā€™ve been attacked and blamed. We arrived with nothing but good will to fix our contacts, but are left hanging.

One time at RP event of guild recruitment we peacefully existed near your guild. Later on we learned from ā€œrumoursā€ that we have been on spot near you out of ā€œspiteā€, while it was never the case.

Please stop spreading false rumours and taking advantage of attacking us at any occasion. Iā€™ve been longer in the guild than you ever were, and itā€™s full of wonderful people caring about the game and community. Such cases and issues are taken seriously and we do implement measures to limit it, before and even more now as I write this post.

3 Likes

far as i know Twin Tail is a known wacko guild so i will not put a lot of stock in their words and recommend others donā€™t either.

6 Likes

Indeed before you go full out witch hunt along the GM to address the situation which they have done or are in the process of doing. The leap to full pitchforks and torches is something this forum has always been guilty of.

The best way to address the situation is to remove the creepy, dimly lit avenue of child RP that allows it to happen in the first place.

3 Likes

iā€™m advocating this

ĀæSo much trouble for just a person roleplaying a kit? If other persons done bad roleplay of a kit doesnā€™t mean he would do so, donā€™t have prejudices on others please. I have seen him RPing perfectly the kid, while roleplaying with it i felt like playing ā€œhide and seekā€ with a true kid (His roleplaying as a kid is TOP TIER). Is true it is in a relationship with another kit character but has not gone further than just hugs and innocent kisses.

ĀæWhy would you believe he will cross the line? Kids are innocent, is against the RPing of a kid to enter ERP or pedhopile zone.

Why people have so much prejudice about other RPers just cause a few RPers that had done it bad in the past? If we follow that we would kick almost every DK on the server for being so ā€œALIVEā€ā€¦

Why just harm good roleplay cause non-justified panic? You donā€™t have proof he has crossed the line. Iā€™m certain he doesnā€™t. Cause i see him RPing with the other player that acts as a his partner almost every time and hasnā€™t go further than a cheek kissā€¦

I agree ERP must be not tolerated if ToS says so, i agree even in the part that kit RP must be regulated. But come on, you are attacking the wrong guys like a blind person with a stick in the middle of a full crowded discoā€¦

:nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

As far as my (admittedly not recent) interactions have been they seem alright? With the glaring exception of their previous GM, but heā€™s long gone and rightly so.

Unless Iā€™m missing something, which I probably am.

tl;dr is that they exist solely because 1 of the early big vulpera guilds (and some would say the finest 1 to this day? experts are still out on that) decided on a no ERP rule.

u may understand that anyone that leaves a guild and founds a new one of the same concept because of that is bad business.

Oh dear

Though something tells me that possibly-finest-Vulpera-guild might be the only one with a no-ERP rule, going by recent developments. Thatā€™s purely conjecture on my part though, and open to correction.

1 Like

it just works tbh

Just to add, no ERP was always the case (eternally so), itā€™s just said people decided to ignore it and left when found out.

2 Likes

Hello!
While it is true we as a guild have been seen as cold towards yours, I can assure you it wasnā€™t anything personal. We have had a few members who were once part of the Dust Scavengers and mentioned they did not have the best experiences, therefore we didnā€™t wish to cause upset for them and tried to keep guild-to-guild conversations the a minimum. In addition to the inclusion of kit characters, we felt it best to keep our distance. Indeed, when we were camping in Westfall, several of the Scavengers were camped near us, and we ā€“ along with our associates ā€“ co-existed fine.

In regards to the recruitment faire, I remember it well from last year. We had joked that with two caravan guilds next to one another there was going to be some competition, I believe the rumours to just be that.
Please do feel free to send an ingame letter or reach out in some other way if you have any questions or wish to continue.

Finally, as a closing statement: We removed our previous GM. We werenā€™t founded on ERP, however this is neither the time nor place to discuss such. Thereā€™s unfortunately enough rumours going around the forum without letting another one fester.

All this aside, I wish you well with the Scavengers. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Greetings,

Found the time to sneak an answer in.
We are currently reviewing and changing our approach to younger Vulpera RP of any kind (Kit, Teen, Young Adult).

Sincerly
Caravan Mother Oari (still at workā€¦)

2 Likes

Peopleā€¦the situation has been handled, it has been talked and it has been planned in future prevention from such incidents againā€¦lets all now leave this forum page in peace, let things settle and grow healthier with time, alright? Thereā€™s no need to keep cutting or burning the tree furtherā€¦ :sweat: :sweat_drops:

3 Likes

Youā€™re a good egg Oari :pray: Best of luck and warm wishes from our side.

3 Likes

It is sad to see winning the communityā€™s ignorance above common sense once again, not by holding the reason or strong arguments but by sheer numbers. It is a shame to force a good RPer to being fired, isolated and hunted down by some othersā€™ ignorance and not justified panic. Is this truely the community we want guys? It is at our hands to just change it to better.

1 where people donā€™t do erp with underage chars/donā€™t rp rlly wacky flanderizations of children?

Yeah.
Yeah that is the community I want.

Why isnā€™t it the community you want?

5 Likes

He didnā€™t! i was with him and his partner all afternoon and evening. The one saying they were doing ERP is just lying! Please, donā€™t trust random people not related to them. They not know anything, just haters gonna hate.

I agree on the point that i donā€™t want ERP if ToS but kit RP could be done without any of that.