[H-RP] Will of the Warlords

Don’t worry, Neferthiliss! We have many Orcs it is true but we’re not an Orc only guild. We’d love to have some more diversity amongst the ranks and add a Blood elf to our lot!

4 Likes

Awesome! I’ll have to think about it, so many concepts and I really want to give proper attention to characters I roll. I will definitely be watching you!

2 Likes

Stooped over a map of Dustwallow marsh, a fat finger was trailing the pathways to Blackhoof village as a growl rolls over his tongue. “Bloody swamp”, Maugr thought, “It would not do”. His eyes wander as he mused with buzzing voice. “He did not say”, his focus shifts, looking upon Brackenwall. “Ogres”, he sneered, “They will do”. Then with wicked grin he stabbed a dagger into the map. Marking Blackhoof with it. The adamant Grimtotem shall be broken.

1 Like

Mighty Warlord Tazkram, were you once the Goblin dualist outside Orgrimmar whom would often be found in uninvited to RP-PvP events…

Welcome back and good luck with the guild!

2 Likes

Though this is off-topic, I’ll reply with this.

It is quite doubtful considering two things, I have only ever played a goblin for two months in Cataclysm, secondly, I greatly dislike RP-PvP, and do my best to stay away from it when I can.

1 Like

He soared high in the sky, carried upon the tides of the wind. He always felt he had the clearest mind, when he was detached from the distant world down below. As for what was on his mind, he understood the need to choose a warlord. Yet words were one thing, actions were another, so for now, he watched and he listened. For he would only decide when he judged their very actions.

1 Like

Heard many good things about this one - best of luck!

3 Likes

Minor update.

We have 5 spots left, if you’re interested and ready, leave a dossier and I’ll try get in contact with you.

2 Likes

Less than a week until launch and I can safely say I am excited! Who else has the guts to set out with Zeep and his-… with this task force of equally ranked people!

Politics… power… punting gnomes.

One of WotW unique traits was the concept called Hand of cards. This post’s intention is to introduce said concept for both guild members and interested roleplayers.

Hand of Cards

Disclaimer: The concept is under development. It is intended to evolve over time, drawing upon experience from use in roleplay, and including the roleplayers’ input to better it.

As stated previously, there has been an intent to establish a system, to make character abilities (and lack thereof) carry more weight in the stories to come. This system will remind of a card-game, where you have a hand of cards with unique abilities to your character, that can always be played (unless specific restraints are put on the cards), however need replenishment upon use. The name coined for this concept, a hand of cards.

This system needs to remain simplistic (though, as it develops, it might evolve into something more), as to not make it too convoluted during roleplay – and roleplayers in the guild will have to take an active part in the creation of their own hand of cards.

First, they must establish their primary resource for their unique abilities, be it physical strength, the elements, arcane and so on (you can be creative, e.g. sun magic or thunder). Only one resource can be ‘primary’. Once established, the roleplayer must whittle down the primary source of their power. That means, what they draw upon to use said primary resource. If they use the sun for magic, they will quickly be expended at night. Characters can have multiple sources, but only one source can replenish you fully (meaning all cards spent are returned to your ‘hand’). A secondary source of power will replenish “base-cards" and can come in the shape of potions (or other consumables). It is important that the source has a flaw concerning how characters regain it.

Once resource and source have been established, the roleplayers must first create 3 cards (to start, more are made as the story progresses – maybe warlords will even grant you favour and new unique abilities).

First the roleplayers must think of two base-cards, or base abilities. A lightning bolt, solar flare. Abilities that have limited power. These two base cards will be replenishable by secondary sources.

Base abilities will always deal 1-5 damage points (more on this in 'An example of a hand of cards).

Lastly they must think of an “ultra” card. An ultra card will be able to heal your friends fully or kill a band of regular foes in one strike. It will only be replenishable from the primary source.

If your entire teams runs out of cards, and the opponents damage points exceed yours, you lose – consequences will vary depending on foe and context.

An example of a hand of cards

Tazkram’s Hand of Cards (Only used as an example!)

Primary resource: Elemental infused weaponry

Primary source: Enchantments The primary source is enchantment scrolls, that allow for spent enchants to be replenished. These scrolls are expensive and require a master enchanter to craft (or be purchased by).

The secondary source is time. When lesser enchantments are used, they require a set amount of reparation time, a cooldown.

Health pool: 10’

Base-cards (1-5)’’:
Hack and slash (2): Tazkram uses his elemental infused sword to damage his opponent.
Spell reflect : Tazkram raises his shield in a defensive stance, sending a magical projectile back or redirecting it to a new target. The damage of this ability depends on the enemy’s projectile.

Ultra-cards (6+)’’’:
Shockwave (8): Slithering down his jagged blade, elemental sparks jitter about, sending forth a thundering shockwave toward his opponent.

Tazkram’s total damage is 10+y (y = spell reflect’s damage). If he spends all his cards, and the opponent is not yet dead, he loses the battle. The ‘card game’ is about getting a higher number than your opponent to win.

His health pool is 10. The health pool is only used at rare occasions, triggered by your or opponent’s cards.

'The character’s total health pool/damage/healing should be a total of 20 points to start off. Tazkram has 10 health in this example and 10 damage/healing + utility card (variable damage). Roleplayers can spend their points how they like in either of those 3 categories (Damage, healing or health). A character cannot have 0 health.

''Base-cards are easily replenished by your secondary source, they always do between 1-5 damage/healing.

‘’'Ultra-cards are 6+ and are not easily replenished (see primary source).

Combat details

Further clarification

Combat is simple. You have your hand of cards, and take turns between friendly and unfriendly to play a card.

The ‘team’ with the highest amount of damage points win, reducing enemy health points to 0 (does not mean character death, but it does mean other dire consequences). Should you draw, the enemy always wins (unless otherwise stated). If you don’t spend a card, you automatically lose and your health points are reduced to 0. Utility cards that lets characters retreat are possible to create. Most enemies don’t have targetable health like players, but they instantly lose, if your damage points exceed theirs by the end of combat.

If your character’s health pool reaches 0 during combat, all the character’s current damage is nulled and you are out of combat. That means, you have great incentive to keep your fellow characters above 0 health, otherwise all their cards spent will be wasted, making it much harder acquire more damage points than your foe.

Below is a short and simple example of combat. In this scenario, I will showcase another ability, that Tazkram doesn’t have outside of this example - taunt (see "An example of a hand of cards for Tazkram’s hand). This ability interacts, unlike regular damaging card, with his health pool.

Taunt allows you to tank your foes’ current damage, meaning they spend all of their damage points on your health pool. This can be very strong, but be careful not to reduce your health to 0.

An example of a taunt mechanic: (Tazkram has taunt in this scenario, only Hack and slash and Generic taunt are not spent).

Tazkram spends Hack and Slash (2).

Tazkram’s team now has a total of 2 damage points.

Enemy uses their only card; Generic strong physical attack (5)

The enemy team now has a total of 5 damage points.

Currently the enemy would win this round, if Tazkram had no more cards to spend, but in this scenario Tazkram has 10 health and Generic taunt .

Tazkram therefore uses Generic taunt – tanking 5 damage to his health pool, reducing enemy damage points to 0. Tazkram wins the scenario, having lost 5 health.

Opponents in roleplay will have a set of cards as well. Most of these cards will be generic and depend on type of foe and amount of foes.

More examples of hands of cards will follow, as roleplayers’ hands get finalized and approved.

1 Like

Good luck Taz.

For everyone else, truly immersive rp offered by Tazkram. Really enjoyed being involved in past events. Worth signing up (I would again if my character hadn’t gone down the character development route he has).

2 Likes

Ogrefiend’s Hand of Cards

Total points : 20
Health pool : 8
Damage points : 12
Healing points : 0
Unspent points : 0

Primary resource: Fury of the Raider
Primary source: The Warwolf The Ogrefiend is but an ogre without his fiend when separated from his companion Can only be active when Ogrefiend is riding upon his wolf. Without the wolf he is unable to fight to his full potential. Together they can achieve great things, apart Ogrefiend is limited.
With his Warwolf all cards gain +1
Without his Warwolf all base-cards shrinks -1 and ultra-cards shrink -3.

Secondary source: Cunning Through cunning planning he uses a set of items to improve his capabilities as a raider. When used he is incapable of using it again. Only regaining it through either repairing or buying the item again from a vendor in any village or main city (depending on the item).

Base-cards (1-5):
Ensnare : Ogrefiend throws a sturdy net to root the enemy to the ground for a time (can be used on flying targets), making them spend a card to get loose. (Can be repaired or bought at any village/city)
Passing Strike (3): Ogrefiend passes his opponent and lets the blade of his weapon strike upon the enemy.
Ultra-cards (6+):
The Ogrefiend (9): Ogrefiend with epic might and howling blade (st)rides forth with fierce speed. Cleaving in a half-moon in front of him, hitting those who stand in this radius (max of three) with this swing (can only be used once a day).

2 Likes

Now is your last chance to join the guild, before the story is kicked off tomorrow. Join it while it’s fresh.

2 Likes

“News! News! Come get your news fresh from the press!” A crier could be heard shouting in a valley of Orgrimmar. “The warlord Wolfshadow has been removed from the council of warlords! Imprisoned far below at level four in the dungeons! Read all about it here!”

An update to council has been made tonight. Warlord Kharaggar Wolfshadow has been removed from her position. The council has entered a stage of interregnum while they wait for a new warlord to arrive…

See the updated banner at: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/201437

Rumours of her lunacy quickly spread in the dungeons, then to the barracks and the whole of Orgrimmar…

"I killed him, I did. Twice. I forced him out a window, high above Orgrimmar, but he still got to his feet and ran. The second time I made sure, no pulse, a dagger through his throat. I was tired, beat, near point of complete exhaustion - I just wanted to go home and lay down. But blue flames engulfed my every move…

I don’t know what happened, but somehow he got up again - knocked me out from behind, when I was at my weakest.

I don’t know. He must be one of them. One of the undead. Nothing else makes sense.

4 Likes

Burial of Vokrak

The scorching sun of Durotar was rising to its peak. There stood an orc, Prun with his shadow looming over the parched dirt of a freshly dug mound. Wind blew warm air into his expresionless face, causing him to sniffle. A hand met him at his shoulder and with a shake he turned. “I know him not but as a pup”, Maugr said, “he died with honour and the strength to face it” he then let go of Prun’s shoulder.

Prun then nodded, “You were incapable of saving him. Thank you for finding me before you buried him” he spoke plainly. Maugr kept a grim expression, squinting his eyes uncertain what to make of Prun. “His murderer”, Maugr spoke, “she will not go free of this despicable act. We shall find her again and make her pay for what she’s done!” then Maugr extended his arm. Prun met him at the elbow, the two orcs swearing on this with mighty shake of their hands.

Maugr left and Prun was left alone with his thoughts, standing before the grave of his late friend. Chewing on a straw of grass as he wondered. Who had slain Vokrak. The lids of his eye twitched a mere moment. Then he laid by the grave his straw, setting route to Orgrimmar. I must learn what has happened, he& thought, Wolfshadow.

2 Likes

The first storyline for Will of the Warlords is introduced below. A mysterious occurrence in Brackenwall, and an oath once made, will lead the champions to Dustwallow Marsh.

Dead on Arrival

”I did not smuggle in five goats from Westfall, pay the voyage from Grom’gol to Bilgewater, rent a wagon, kodo and buy food for the beast, then to be forced through Ratchet paying ludicrous tolls, hire three bodyguards, so I could safely pass the pirate-infested shores, walk through mud up to my groin, just to end up in Brackenwall in front of an ogre, who can tell me nothing but—”

“Goat not fresh.” The ogre interrupted, wagging his big thick index finger in front of the orcish merchant.

The veins in the orc’s forehead grew ever larger, his face turning red. “What do you mean, “goat not fresh?! I butchered them this morning. They’re as fresh as you’ll ever get them, you shrunken headed moron!” He said despairingly.

The ogre rose his hand threateningly, but the orc was steadfast in his posture.

“I want my bloody coin, and I’m not going before you pay up!” The merchant crossed his arms over his chest. “I am not going before you pay.” He grunted.

“Goat not fresh.” The ogre repeated once more. “Dead.”

“Of course, it’s dead, you moron. You don’t order meat from a travelling butcher and expect to receive the animal alive.”

The ogre glanced dumbfoundedly at the orc, then flicked his hand in disinterest.

“Your letter explicitly stated that you wanted fresh goat meat. I fulfilled my end of the bargain. If you wanted the animal alive, you should have summoned a breeder.”

“Goat dead. Need fresh goat meat. No pay. Go now before me mad.” The customer frowned at the merchant.

“How dare you talk to me like that. You’re nothing but a shrunken headed ogre. You pay, or this is going to get bloody.” The merchant grabbed his dagger from the sheath and pointed it madly at the ogre.

“Wait.” The ogre snorted, then turned and walked off into his mud hut.

“Yeah, I thought so.” The orc lowered the weapon again.

A few minutes passed, as the ogre had gone into his hut. The merchant idled by the great bonfire, peering into the dancing flames. He couldn’t leave Brackenwall without pay. The three bodyguards had been promised to pay upon a successful job. They would no doubt shove their swords into his gut, had he wasted their time.

Slow and heavy steps echoed from within the mud hut.

“Finally!” The orc exclaimed disgruntledly. He turned, spreading his arms, ready to receive his due pay, only for his arms to fall down limb.

The ogre appeared in the doorway, a big long heavy club in his hands. “It’s clubbing time.” He bellowed.

The merchant stumbled backwards. “Guards, guards, help me!” He cried out helplessly.

Before the guards could come, the ogre had risen his club high above his head. The orc’s head the target of his swing. A loud crash blasted through the whole village, ringing in every villager and guard’s ears. The crackling flames of the bonfire escalated further up into the air. An immense dust cloud exploded at the scene, hiding orc, ogre and even the bonfire.

It took a while, but once the dust settled, it was clear what had happened. Crushed. The ogre had landed on top of the orc, and on top of him a headless bronze dragon had crashed, slamming into the bonfire and killing both.

The fire trailed from the bonfire, catching onto the mucky grass. The villagers panicked, and the guards quickly ran to the well for water. When finally the flames had dozed, Brackenwall once more fell silent. Everything was soon back to normal, but for the headless bronze dragon at the center of the village.

“Or that’s what they told me at least,” Prun groaned to the Warlord council, which had been convened for the first time since Wolfshadow’s untimely arrest.

“We cannot allocate the resources for this,” Axehorn proclaimed loudly to his three colleagues, “the Horde needs everything directed toward the sea, if we are to have any hope of reclaiming Lordaeron.”

“I’d like to add,” Prun hesitated to interrupt, but when no warlord interjected, he continued, “a camp of Alliance foragers have been spotted in the marshes. We have little intel on them, as Wolfshadow’s replacement have yet to be found.”

“Interesting,” murmured Ironfoot under his breath, tapping his walking cane once onto the floor.

Wormgut snorted at the mention of Wolfshadow and flicked his hand dismissively at Prun’s behest. “It would be a waste of our time. There is nothing for us to gain in the bleak marshlands.”

“Yet,” Steelgrin began. “We have an oath to keep with the Bronze Dragonflight. If they are in trouble, we must allocate resources to help them. I agree, we have little to spare, but what will be left of us, if we do not even honour our promises?”

The council found itself in a deadlock, two against two. Prun scratched his neck awkwardly, as silence fell upon them. Unless a verdict was reached, the council could not disperse, yet none of them wanted to relent. Prun considered, if anything he could say would speed up their decision but came up with nothing useful. Perhaps if he mentioned the warlords’ former colleague and her interests, they would make up their minds, yet, Wormgut was sure to jump out of his chair and assault him.

“Hrmm, hrmm,” Steelgrin pondered loudly, “if we cannot reach a conclusion, we must involve the overseer.”

“What?!” Wormgut slammed the table, glaring daggers at Steelgrin. “How can you even suggest that?”

“Settle.” Steelgrin raised a hand at Wormgut, waving him back down into his seat, then nodded toward the dark corner of the room.

Prun turned, peering into the shadows. It was the only corner of the room, that was not lit by torchlight. He blinked, not sure if Steelgrin had gone mad. No figure, shades or movement, Prun was certain, yet when he turned once more to face the council, all of them were fixated upon the corner.

“What say you?” Steelgrin inquired. “Will you support Axehorn and Wormgut, or Ironfoot and myself?”

Nobody answered. Prun considered for a moment, if they had asked him his opinion. He turned once more to look at the dark corner, then stumbled backwards, as an undead in full chain mail had appeared, looming just outside the shadows.

“Freak,” Prun thought, his heart pounding. It was nothing new to him, that rogues, scouts or spies could hide well in the shadows, but this was something else. The undead had completely blended in with his surroundings, not even his vile scent had reached Prun’s nose.

“Well, what will it be?” Steelgrin pressed the issue but received no answer.

Suddenly, his arm creaked as he dragged it upwards.

“Is this Rottweld? Must be,” Prun did not dare ask out loud.

The room remained quiet, when finally, he pointed at Steelgrin. The matter had been settled. The council would keep its oath.

2 Likes

Report – A. Ashforge.

Race: Blood Elf

Information on Aerilen prior to Silvermoon’s fall to the Scourge is hard to come by, though what we know is that he was a priest in some small community in the far south of the High Home.

While reliable and previously inserted into two positions of leadership, he is quite a cold and distant figure. However his temperament can waver between “depth-less melancholy” and severe anger.

He earned the attention of superiors upon the Isle of Thunder for refusal to leave his post and maintaining what defense he could in the face of Zandalari and Mogu aggression alongside a dozen others. Beyond that he has largely seen conflict in the Silvermoon sphere of conflict. Shattrath and Surumar being the two largest conflicts he was part of.

I hope these enclosed documents cross the sea swiftly and free of tampering Warlord Ironfoot.

Attached to this are several other pages each one filled with superfluous information on physical health, previous reports by instructors and the like.

7 Likes

A young foolish Orc delivers a familiar scroll bearing the seal of Thunderbluff. He waits for someone to take it from him and runs off like a dog with it’s tail between it’s legs. As you open the Scroll it reads:

REPORT:— “Stonetotem”

" We’ve been watching this one for some time now, an old warrior that seemed warn and broken. He’s had his fair share of glory and honour, but it seems he’s ready for a new adventure. "

" Formerly a Brave of Thunderbluff, then the leader of a prestigious tauren clan, he has lost family more times than he can count. We thought he had snapped, but he re-appeared with a stronger aura than usual. It seems he’s spent many years transforming his skills as a warrior into something far greater and with the help of Seers, Shamans and the Spirits themselves; he’s emerged as a mighty Spiritwalker. "

" We can’t say much about this character; apart from that he had the strength of ten orcs before this new training; as we’re yet to see him unleash these new powers. From what we can say, we doubt you’d find a more honourable and loyal tauren in all of Azeroth. "

Not much else plucks a viewer’s eye to this short, swift report on this tauren, save a greyscale sketch captivingly created by the scout’s own hand and a scrawled table of information.

NAME RACE AGE GENDER TITLE
Aroh Stonetotem Tauren Forty One Male Spirit Walker
3 Likes

Name: Rena “Childcare”
Race: Undead Human
Profession: Quartermaster
Combat capabilities: Fel magic, short weapons specialist, Initiative.
Relevant Information: Rena is a skilled spellcaster, equipped for handling most situations with the use of devastating Fel magic and capabke of self-defense with her control in close quarters combat. Whilst skilled in Demonology, the warlock is capable of handling other aspects of both fel and the nether thanks to her relic tome. She is a capable tactician, her position in the fight often allows her to aid the direction of the fight, and her usage of minions leads to her being capabke of covering for the mistakes of other party members.

Personality traits: Hard-headed and straightforward, an “orders first, feelings later” personality that got her former unit on a few slight internal issues. Has initiative, but often tries to take command of the situation by force if needed.

Out-of-combat expertise: As a Quartermaster, Rena is used to taking supplies pertinent to the mission, handling funds and supples, as well as trained in first aid and several alchemical concoctions. The undead is often seen with an enchanted Bag of Holding in order to carry most of the supplies needed for deployments, as well as any excedent.

Physical Condition: Heavily degraded skin layer, bone exposed in multiple areas. Tissue missing on multiple areas, often orone to using cloth to cover the gaps in her body. Her body’s strenght can be recovered via consumption of flesh, despite no physical alterations. Method of acquiring energy this way unknown.

Former Military experience: Served as Steelgrin’s champion during the first attempt at a specialized unit, former experience as a giant hunter during the recent Legion invasion alongside a man named “Ortis”. Served under the Forsaken banner during the siege of Gilneas. Served as supplier for the Apothecary during the Northrend campaign.

Always at your service, Rena.
Orgrimmar Supply Department
(Former) Undercity Vault Keeper.

3 Likes