[H] Tauren RP — Totem of Echeyakee 🌍

The Earth Mother Needs You

I call upon the brave and wise Children of the Earth Mother to stand up for our world, our Azeroth, our creator, in these times of turmoil. EVERY Tauren counts.

The WHITE MIST REGIMENT has been founded under the Horde to operate as a task force with the purpose of regulating the affairs of the world with the perspective of the EARTH MOTHER and the world’s balance taken into account. It falls upon us shu’halo to bear the burden of being Her voice and Her hand when no one else will. We MUST, for no one else will.

Upon the winds you hear the talk of PEACE and HARMONY, but we see neither.
The Army of the Dark Moon looms in every shadow, striking FEAR into the hearts of our young. We dread every sip of water for it might bear the TAINT of the Scourge. And we grieve as we lend an ear to the Earth Mother’s voice, for it is filled with PAIN.

Our leaders are nowhere to be found and the officials of our faction drown in the tedious work of BUREAUCRACY. Matters such as the SHATTERED sky, the SCOURGE, and the SWORD plunged deep into Silithus remain undealt with. Stand with US and take up the fight against all the forces that THREATEN our world and our future.

In ECHEYAKEE’S name, DEATH and MERCY.

Greetings Tauren of Argent Dawn!

The Totem of Echeyakee is a concept for a guild that I have been thinking long about. I decided to try and contribute to the community and start this Tauren initiative now. In-game and IC-wise the White Mist Regiment, the formal name of the guild, has been formed but the numbers are slim. So far we are three, with others planning on joining.

I am excited about the future and what we could do with this Tauren guild, but I am also patient. I strive to recruit committed roleplayers that want to contribute to the guild and build up a core with me now in the early days of it. Now’s a chance to be a part of a guild that is being built from the ground up, where you can help shape and add to its structure and story from the get-go.

Below you will find my ideas and the structure for the guild, so give it a read! All constructive criticism is welcome and keep in mind this is a new guild! I know these things can take a long time to properly establish to just get a few to regularly come online, but I am prepared to wait. I am committed and I am patient.

Who We Are

The White Mist Regiment has been established by Itache Ravenbraid under the Horde’s banner as a Tauren task force. Their mission is to keep an eye on the world, making sure that the balance of the lands and spirit of the creator is intact. The fight for the Earth Mother, and in Echeyakee’s name.

Please do keep in mind that we are few in numbers as we are very new, and therefore things may be a bit slow initially, but I am putting my back into making this happen.

What We Do

As previously mentioned this task force is set to keep an eye on the world, but that is a vague and too broad a summary of their purpose.

The White Mist Regiment will do many different things, all with the goal of keeping the Earth Mother safe. And how would they do that? Via combat, diplomacy, mending broken lands, instructing soldiers how not to harm the land in warfare, investigate anomalies, and many other things. One day we might go deep into Alliance lands to put an end to a Dwarven excavation, and another day we dance with the elemental spirits of Pandaria to boost morale and promote environmental healing.

This comes in the forms of events, which are not mandatory always, but highly encouraged that you partake in so we can develop a story together!

The system will vary between events, but I am aiming to mostly go for a free-form system where we will rely on logic and emoting, rather than rolls and statistics.

Who We Accept

The idea is that all those that walk with the Earth Mother can join, which would mainly be the Tauren people, of both Kalimdor and Highmountain. Taunka are also accepted if they are under the Horde and others who acknowledge and worship her.

All classes are allowed, even Death Knights should they have a sound reason. This guild is not only for nature magic wielders but for all who wish to fight and protect the Earth Mother.

If your class does not exist in-game, such as a Tauren runecaster or a Druid of the Plains, we can review your character together with you and see if they make a good fit and that they are lore-friendly.

What Structure We Use

Seeing as this is neither a tribe nor a military division, there is no strict ruler. Itache Ravenbraid’s role is to speak for the White Mist Regiment and represent it, but not govern it fully.

We can work together as a unit and make usage of democracy to decide upon things. Should however a character not wish to partake in, for example, combat versus the Alliance, then they are not forced to do so. This will not negatively impact you OOC, or your character IC for missing an event because of this.

Way To Join

To join we can first have a chat about whether your character is a good fit, or we can simply go right into IC and work it out from there! You can of course make use of the “The Earth Mother Needs You” segment of this forum post, as it is meant to be a message pinned to noticeboards across the Horde lands.

If you are still unsure and do not know how to really go about joining, just contact Ravenbraid in-game via whisper or mail and I will help you out!

The legend of Echeyakee, the White Mist, is the symbol of our movement. He is said to be the embodiment of death and mercy when defending one’s home. He deals death so swiftly that he appears as but a white mist upon the plains. His victims know no pain, for he only knows mercy.

It is through our name, our actions and our rhetoric that we honor him, and the Earth Mother. We don the white feather as a symbol of purity, wisdom and the mercy of White Mist. Together we will make the white feather’s meaning known.

Contact Ravenbraid in-game for further information or about joining!

18 Likes

We need more tauren guilds. Good luck

3 Likes

That we do! Thank you very much.

3 Likes

The OOC atmosphere so far is very chill. It’s clear that Ravenbraid has poured lots of creativity into the guild and its concept. The guild is very committed to deliver a lore-friendly and authentic Tauren RP experience.

Please consider joining if you’d love to engage in a serious Tauren guild. It doesn’t matter if you’re an old or new roleplayer, every Tauren RPer is welcome in our fold! :cow:

Walk always with the Earth Mother. Hope we meet each other soon!

1 Like

Hope this guild succeeds. Tauren need more representation on this server. Best of luck to you.

2 Likes

Let’s flipping proceeeeeeeed!

1 Like

The concept is simple and well presented. I quite like the look of it and wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I wanted to go with less of a niche and limiting concept that would only work for a set amount of characters, and with this there’s room for any kind of Tauren.

And thanks to everyone else showing support! :bowing_man:

I’ve had an idea for a Tauren character for a while, I’ve never bothered making her as I don’t see her fitting into the life of the other Tauren guilds but I think this one would be good for her.

1 Like

You’d be more than welcome to come try us out Roj! We’ll be having our first “event” this week. It’s mostly just a meeting for us all to gang up and get this thing started.

Feel free to message me in-game or anyone else for further details of joining.

1 Like

Today was a really fun day - we had our first event, a gathering in Orgrimmar and it was a very successful event, I’d say! Lots of people have joined and we’re around twelve Tauren now who are now part of the White Mist Regiment.

Join if you are interested in an adventuring Tauren guild who seeks to protect the world, not just Kalimdor, from harm. :+1:

1 Like

It is a very humbling experience to see so many come together for this guild! It is more than I thought would show up, and it is very heart-warming to see!

Not everyone could attend, but a good chunk met each other IC for the first time last night, and now the ball is rolling!

Big thanks to Spiritwalk for being a supportive friend from the day I had the idea!

White Mist Regiment — Report #2

We have faced the first true bonding moment of both unity and cultural differences. The harsh lands of Mashan’she forcing us to work together for the soul of our kin - A kodo needing to reach the sacred graveyard. While not all of us understood the importance of the matter, everyone still did their job admirably. The centaur tried their best to claim us and the kodo for food, but the White Mist rose victorious in the fight.
Death and Mercy.

4 Likes

White Mist Regiment — Report #3

Tonight the White Mist followed up on a lead in the Barrens, and after a briefing with a Crossroad’s Brave who told of mysterious deaths and corrupted flora connected to a hooded figure roaming the northern parts of the region.

The Brave was the only one that managed to return from a scouting mission there, the rest had gone missing. He explained that a hooded figure in the shadows had rendered him unconscious but that as he woke up he managed to flee, with one arm taken from him, and a lethal fever burning him up.

After the briefing the regiment set out. The Dry Hills’ many harpy nests were corrupted by decay magic, and the eggs in the nests had produced mutated and malformed hatchlings with beaks and claws growing from their limbs and chest. Soon after destroying said nests a pack of harpy witches descended upon the White Feathers, and fighting ensued.

Eventually, when the White Mist felt they needed to retreat to gather more people to aid, an abomination, later found out to be woven together by this hooded figure, came to kill the intruders. It was stitched together from a Grimtotem’s torso, the Brave’s arm, a Kaldorei head and Orc legs. It took much to kill it, but we learned more information-

The clues we are left with leave us with a “master” that uses necromancy and they seek body parts of all kinds of races for a “project” of theirs. We will keep an ear to the winds and see if the hooded figure’s corruption spreads elsewhere.

Death and Mercy.

2 Likes

White Mist Regiment — Report #5

The White Mist traversed the Night Elven lands of Ashenvale in search for the necromancer. Finding themselves in trouble as they try and sneak passed a Kaldorei outpost, chased to a glade holding a corrupted moonwell.

The Tauren witness corpses digging up graves for unknown reasons. An omnious voice echoed through the trees, presumingly the necromancer, commanding the dead Kaldorei to attack.

The White Mist Regiment fought fiercly and killed the undead. They noticed that Furbolg claws had been stitched to the Night Elves instead of fingers. Meanwhile the Druid Silbith Frizzledream tracked a siphon of dark energy from the moonwell, leading to another thick glade.

The Tauren company found a hooded figure and a massive abomination of a Furbolg, digging up a totem. The hooded figure slipped away and left the White Mist to take care of the undead Furbolg. It took their combined might to take it down, and they noticed that the moonwell was empowering it; growing back limbs in dark magicks.

The White Mists took the totem—etched in the Forbolg language—to Silverwind Refuge in hope to find someone to decipher the totem and find why the necromancer wanted it. Our shamans and druids will try and cleanse the moonwell of its corruption.

Death and Mercy.

2 Likes

During these times of deep disappointment in Blizzard we in the guild are unsure how to feel about playing, and so we have talked things over and will for now most likely slow down our event schedule and try to see what the future holds.

A lot are uncomfortable and unhappy being subbed, or playing the game, which is very understandable, and I support these decisions even if it impacts our roster, and no hard feelings at all have been expressed.

I’m leaving this here on the forums so that our stance on the matter is clear and to clarify that the guild is not disbanded by any means, but that perhaps less active for now, but Tauren roleplayers are always welcome to join us, and perhaps we can forge a stable guild, whether it be small-scaled or not, with a good core which we can thrive off of.

Power to the people taking a stance in their way, and power to the victims for owning their stories and taking on this huge company. Change is needed.

That’s all! See ya out there peeps!

5 Likes

A nice bunch to rp with, hope to see you guys more active soon.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.