[H/Tauren RP] Proudhorn Nomads - All That Remains

Perhaps it is time to swear loyalty to the Great and Mighty Horde, and finally find your place with your people within this world.

Very much looking forward to meeting you next week, Chieftain.

2 Likes

Wish I could bring my new Sunwalker to this guild, but it probably wouldn’t work given the lore of them and the story of the tribe… Still, wish you guys the best of luck, seems like an awesome concept and guild!

2 Likes

You’re always welcome to come and find a reason to interact with us, even if your character doesn’t fit the guild for a permanent spot.

2 Likes

I’ll make sure to message you on him when I catch you online!

2 Likes

Last night the Proudhorn faced tragedy and violence. Their supposedly peaceful people turned defender and then attacker…

It was a soft and peaceful night in the wilds of Feralas, or so it seemed. The Proudhorn were camped just South of the Horde base at Camp Ataya and were busy sleeping when Grulun rushed in covered in blood. Jeddek had to be woken from deep slumber just to hear of what had happened and the news was dire.

Just before midnight, six Blazewest operatives had snuck into the Proudhorn camp and attempted to steal the Branch of Anon. Grulun, the wolf Falax, and two other Tauren braves had been on guard duty and quickly noticed what was happening. They fought as they had trained - together and with the true purpose of protecting their people. Five of the Blazewest goons were killed and one Orc escaped. Yet the nomads had suffered tragedy also. Hakne, an honored brave of the tribe, had been killed - the first Proudhorn to die since Tamlin was taken by the sneezing sickness over a month ago. Grulun led Jeddek, Khitava, Adahai and Kaluf back to the site of the carnage. What would they do now?

Chief Jeddek, full of rage and sure of purpose, told Tohaku to lead the Proudhorn South to their new campsite deep in the wildlands whilst he, and a handful of others, lead a reprisal on the Blazewest base Jeddek had been taken back to several days before. Grulun, Khitava, Kaluf and Falax accompanied Jeddek whilst the others travelled to their new, and hopefully safer, home.

The band returned to Desolace and found the Blazewest building under the dusty sky. Kaluf called in a fog to cover their advance and the Proudhorn split two either side of the buildings door. There were three Blazewest inside, two Goblins and one Orc - yet not the Orc that had escaped. Grulun kicked down the door and skewered the Orc against the wall with his spear. Jeddek had ordered them taken alive but the Orc had seemed to reach for an axe. The other two Goblins were dragged outside and questioned in Orcish: who is your leader and where are you stationed? Yeguyo Blazewest, Stonetalon. They released the remaining two prisoners and took what documentation they could concerning the Branch.

There was a strong smell on the air next to the building. It turned out to be a barrel of crude oil which the Proudhorn improvised into a means to destroy the Blazewest building. They poured a trail of oil outside and Khitava lit a spark. As the group left Desolace once again, the Blazewest building charred and exploded behind them. Inside the burning corpse of the Orc Grulun had killed was reduced to ash. Blood had been spilled on both sides this night.

They returned to Feralas and, after a long walk, they found the new camp chosen by their forward scouts. Now it was time to rest, recover, and hope that they would see no more of these insidious outsiders.

Hidden deep in the overgrowth of Feralas, the Proudhorn now turn inwards in an attempt to recuperate from the trying nights before. Will they ever be safe and free to roam as they once were? And what new allies should they turn to now their need is great?

10 Likes

After a less-than-pleasant meeting with Sunwalker Bearan, a good relationship between the traditional Proudhorn and the Horde seems as unlikely as ever. It is Grulun’s firm belief that the Tribe must seek allies if it is to endure the Blazewest threat and remain in possession of their sacred Branch of Anon; yet who, if not the Horde, will lend us their aid?

Now is a great time to seek us out in Feralas!

8 Likes

Sounds like an amazing experience, glad to see/hear its going well!

3 Likes

I don’t know what you’re talking about it went really well

8 Likes

On behalf of all Sunwalkers, I apologise for Bearan the Bloody’s behaviour.

10 Likes

You had one job, Bearan…

9 Likes

I place all blame on Bena Brighthoof who thought it was a good idea to take Bearan along to negotiations.

5 Likes

Enjoyed the meeting with you lot immensely today. Despite ending with a hostile aftertaste, I feel it might still create a very interesting situation in regards to your stances with the Horde / Alliance. Hope to see you around again in whatever way that may be, perhaps with a few more Proudhorn!

9 Likes

Having done some brief conflict RP with the Proudhorns, I can heartily recommend the Proudhorn Nomads to any and all neutral Tauren RPers looking for a home. Things were tense IC, but the Proudhorn Nomads took it all well OOC and I can only commend them for it.

Hopefully we can, as Arborist states, interact again in the future!

11 Likes

At what times on the day can a fellow Nomad stumble upon the Proudhorns? :thinking:

6 Likes

In the dead of night, a small, brown owl is sent out of Feathermoon. Taking flight for the Proudhorn Nomads’ encampment, a scroll is bound to one of its talons – interestingly enough, the contents are in ornate Taurahe. The little owl sticks around in the Tauren encampment for a day or two, should the Tauren wish to respond.

Proudhorn,

To great dismay, yesterday’s negotiations did not go well. But I am not blind – I saw the presence of the Highmountain. I have my doubts these negotiations went as you wished for them to go. I saw well how their attendance must have pressured you into answering differently. Therefore, I offer you another chance through this letter.

Chief Proudhorn, you must understand that you forgo your neutrality by welcoming these Horde savages into your home. For the good of your tribe’s neutrality, you must cast them out lest the Alliance consider your allegiances to lie with the Horde.

I realize, too, that you worry you are not strong enough to live on your own. Chief Proudhorn, I have offered my aid yesterday – and I continue to do so once more. Allow us to show our benevolence by assisting you, and you may yet redeem yourselves. It comes only at one cost: you must always ensure that you repudiate the aid of the red-flagged defilers.

Hear me, Chief Proudhorn, and write me back. I give you one last chance out of goodwill, for I have not yet lost faith entirely in the Tauren people. I believe their old spirit, their old kinship with the kaldorei may yet be revived. Accept our aid and reject the Horde.

Elune-adore,

Clawheart

11 Likes

Bena was almost honorary Proudhorn before this. Continue her chances ruined Grunt :wink:

It was just brilliant. Thanks so much for helping to organize it.

Above you can read a letter Clawheart sent to the Proudhorn’s after their meeting. To see the response you’ll have to head over to the Hand of Cenarius thread. See, cross-marketing!

We RP in the late evenings as a group. Generally we tend to coordinate our RP sessions together so enough nomads can attend. The best way to ensure we’re going to be online would be to contact me, which you’re welcome to do any time.

We will be online with [Highmountain Stands] tonight so feel free to catch us then.

7 Likes

Loving these interactions between your tribe and the Kaldorei. Very cool to see something like this playing out.

7 Likes

What follows is a summary of our RP with [Highmountain Stands] and the [Hand of Cenarius] over the last few days…

In the realization that the Proudhorn could not stand alone against the threats that endanger their people, Chief Jeddek reached out to the Highmountain warriors the nomads had previously encountered during their wanderings in northern Feralas. A disastrous meeting with Sunwalker Bena and a Horde Grunt named Bearan had already indicated that they were not going to find the allies they required amongst the Bloodhoof Tauren and, as the Highmountain were not so dissimilar in attitudes or culture to themselves, their antlered kin seemed the better bet.

Kotur Highmountain arrived with his advisor Dolomite and the tribal moot went well. The Highmountain would protect the Proudhorn against ‘Blazewest’ and any other threats that may arise and they would camp together to ensure that a surprise attack by the Goblins could never be successful again. The two Tauren tribes were almost preparing a toast to their alliance before a band of Kaldorei revealed themselves to be spying on their meeting.

These Elves were led by a Druid named ‘Clawheart’ and they threatened the Proudhorn with retaliation for welcoming the Horde-aligned Highmountain into their campsite. Some amongst the Shu’halo attempted to talk them down but to little avail, hostilities surrounding Teldrassil had destroyed any chances of the Kaldorei coming to their aid. It was decided that the Proudhorn would have to leave their campgrounds again to a new spot high in the mountains chosen by Kotur and his warriors.

The next day the Proudhorn and the Highmountain packed up and left for their new home. On the way they travelled through Camp Mojache and caught a brief glimpse of what settled life had brought the Bloodhoof Tauren. Later, on the road, the Tauren caravan came across a woman who blocked their path. It was Miwata Ravenmane, Jeddek’s half-sister who had left their people almost fifteen years ago following the death of their father. Now she had returned to assist the Proudhorn with her Druidic magic although there were still some questions that remained to be answered…

Almost touching the clouds, the Proudhorn came to the chosen spot for their camp. It was by a large lake with a wide view of the Feralas wildlands beneath. The Highmountain were praised for their choice and the nomads set up their tents. There was enough food and shelter here for their needs and at least now they appeared to be safe; from ‘Blazewest’, the Kaldorei, and the Horde as well.

Now they must plan what is to be done next. Do they go after the Goblin base in the Stonetalon Mountains? Or would it better to stay together and protect what they have?

Now with new allies bolstering their ranks, the nomads must decide what is to be done about ‘Blazewest’. Will they risk a confrontation in battle? Or is there another solution yet to be considered?

Even in all this confusion and change, the Proudhorn way of life goes on. They give thanks to the Earthmother and to their ancestors for the guidance they have brought. Always they act to defend what is theirs: their people, their culture, and their future. Are the skies calmest before the storm? Or are they finally emerging onto the other side?

6 Likes

Cheers to Proudhorn and Highmountain Stands for this evening’s session, was a pleasure to sit in, even if Frak could barely understand half of what was said :smile:

8 Likes

While the Proudhorn tribe is enduring tough times right now, they were able to enjoy a (mostly) jaunty evening for once, due to the aid of their Highmountain brethren!

Even the lone Greenskin that wandered into the camp was allowed at the campfire, once initial suspicions were cast aside.

I’d like to thank everyone who attended our little social gathering!

11 Likes