Hail Varok Saurfang (spoilers)

Blizzcon-time is quite scarce and retail WoW is not their only game. D4 is probably coming, some Overwatch-project is probably coming, there is always a next HS-expansion… this Blizzcon is going to be big either way, without much time to fool around. No, if 8.3 is coming I expect a presentation like they did for 8.2 before Blizzcon.

Do they have to announce a 8.3 before Blizzcon though? If the next expansion deals with the Shadowlands, N’zoth and so on then 8.3 might be a clean-up patch to clear up some of the remnants of the faction war: Who becomes warchief? What happens with Tyrande? What happens to loyalists of Sylvanas?

I don’t think they would call it 8.3 if there wasn’t some major content and a raid to be set up. There is a reason why they started with the 0.05-intervals after WoD. They never wanted to repeat the 6.1-disappointment of the Twitter-Selfie-Patch.

So the Horde is flinaly free from the Lich Queens grasp…

Thank you Saurfang. We shall tell stories of your sacrifice for Generations. And even if Sylvanas used magic to end your life, you died fighting not only for the Honor of the Horde, but for its freedom from another Tyrant. You got your Warriors death.

May the Spirits reunite you with your son, you deserve your final rest.

2 Likes

he doesnt deserve final rest at all. he should be raised as a ghoul and then kept alive unable to do anything forever until the ever slowly decays.

1 Like

Honestly, at this point I am pretty sure all remaining sylvanas supporters just want to be as edgy as hell.

1 Like

ill support sylvannas over mess factions are now. I want to be horde or on own, and not have anything to do with Alliance, baine or thrall(i never was a fan of him either).

I was a fan of saurfang before bfa made him sadfang, now i think he was one of worst characters ever.

ANd regardless of anything il support sylvannas out of spite for writers.

2 Likes

he said the horde was founded on lies that nothing the horde did was honorable and sided with the enemy in the middle of a war

the breaking the cycle cinematic completely destroyed everything the old soldier cinematic was about apparently "the alliance is all we got " not the horde

he showed was a real traitor is

1 Like

After this I literally don’t care and expect Sylvanas to bring back Saurfang’s spirit from the dead to puppeteer since she’s even forsaken the Forsaken. I didn’t mind her being a villain, but this is ridiculous.

3 Likes

After hearing Saurfang talking to Anduin and reading one of Zakkaru replies about seven times he already witness that Forsaken are not to be trusted, by Darkspears in Vanilla.

I believe this might be the end of Sylvanas arc.
She was in the Horde because of her own reasons, besides Arthas.
Will soon find out what that is after 15 years.

I think the point of the duel was never meant to be, who was the strongest.

It became really quick why Saurfang never challenged Sylvanas. He never had any chance, when Thrall admitted that.

Saurfang only chance was to rip of the mask of Sylvanas, which he did marvelously.
Force her to violate the duel conditions.

That’s why he taunted her with Delary Summermon words:
“You cannot kill hope.”

When she admitted that the Horde was nothing to her, basically she lost the support of everyone inside.
The use of magic to blow up Saurfang, was just the final nail in the coffin, of a fell out of grace Warchief.

My opinion:
He did the right thing.
There’s nothing wrong, with admitting, that you are wrong and that this war is pointless.

As he said, Sylvanas Windrunner is the true successor of Blackhand, not Thrall, not Vol’Jin.
And that’s nothing to be proud of.

RIP old friend.
You were amongst the few to live trough Gul’Dan period till present.
Your wisdom shall be missed.

Cheers.

2 Likes

In death, Saurfang receives a true warrior’s reward: to never be subject to Blizzard’s writing team ever again. Rest easy, green man, it’s over.

(… untiltheybringhimbackforshockandacheapreferenceinthreeexpansions)

4 Likes

we thought the same about vol’jin, but they rolled him out for the war campaign

that is not dead which can eternal lie…

1 Like

Damn… this shadow moves are sexy! :relaxed:

You know what? I dont even care about horde, i realized I never liked it. Horde stinks… Sylvie wait :raising_hand_man:

3 Likes

in the old soldier cinematic he goes with the hole "horde is all we have " he is so inspired by it ,and then goes to join the alliance and marches with them! against orgrimmar

apparently "the alliance is all we got " is saurfangs moto

3 Likes

Yes, Pity that Zekhan didn’t get the memo that something was wrong. But at least he is excused by still being a kid. And kids usually are wrong about their idealistic believes.

2 Likes

That was Zekhan.
I believe he gave up, because he cared for the Horde, for people like Zekhan, Thrall, Baine.

Let’s be honest, his brother is dead, his wife is dead, his son is dead, being loyal only condemn him to acts worthy of Arthas himself and we know where Arthas soul is.

His life is meaningless.

Blame Anduin for that.

If everything went according to Saurfang plan, he would be dead, killed by the Alliance in the siege of Undercity.

The Alliance King told him he can’t stop Sylvanas.
There’s no choice for him:

• Sylvanas kicks his butt in Mak’Gora.
  • The Alliance can’t stop her.

He has to do something.
Leaving Sylvanas in charge is not a option due to Teldrassil.
Everything will burn.

Cheers.

2 Likes

He allowed to be captured and started the chit chat with enemy king

if only we where so lucky

he did! do something he dismissed everything the horde was about in one cinematic and then joined the enemy who made speeches in orgrimmar
he praticaly ended! the faction and all it’s pride with it

it’s called a war

1 Like

Disagree.
I remember his words:
“I DEMAND AN HONOURABLE DEATH.”
Anduin denied him, his death.

He didn’t lie about anything, to be honest.
Being connected to the old Horde, isn’t something to be proud of.
They were tainted with demonic blood.
Slaves of the legion puppets of Gul’Dan.

In which terms ?

• Gul’Dan/Blackhand ?
  • Thrall/ Vol’Jin ?
  • Garrosh ?
  • Sylvanas ?

There should always be a reason to fight.
One that unites everyone.
Remove the reason for being united and none will want to die for nothing.

Cheers.

1 Like

whats to lie about ? that was ancient history
this was not the old horde in any way how could it be the old horde ?
we lost 3! out of the 4 original leaders

no demon blood around , grom was killed by his allies the lightforged dranei
and we fought against gul’dan in legion

this was not the old horde this was THE LAST HORDE thanks to him

2 Likes

Sylvanas being the rightful successor of Blackhand, not Thrall not Vol’Jin.
Teldrassil as a reminder of the Draenei massacre.

The moment the current Horde acts in the same way as Blackhand Horde is no longer the Horde formed by a bunch of ragtags that came to survive in a world that hates them.

Blame Activision Blizzard for that.
If the war is only waged by one side, than is doomed from the beginning.
You don’t win as the bad guy in a battle evil Vs good.

Cheers.

1 Like