Hate RIO or any site that creates Bias

Playing off meta is a deathwish :). Its actually quite annoying and i know many go through the same struggle of finding groups for m+. Unless ofcu play meta.
On my other acc, my mage gets insta accepted into M+ groups.
As a fury warrior with 1.2k rio atm and farmed/timed about 50+ dungs that are over 10, i never get accepted for 15s and i can barely even get into 10’s.
This bias if u arent a meta class ya ain’t good is so annoying, i miss the simpler days when youtube vids and stat sites didn’t decide these metas that basicly kills the other classes.

Makes me wanna quit the game when i play my warr so i just switch back to mage. Cuz its a waste of time to even try to que up.

9 Likes

I’ve had this as boomie, basically THE meta spec. Now as warlock I don’t see any difference in how often I get invited.

5 Likes

Just create your own key mate. I know it’s annoying, but it will give you some run consistency

3 Likes

i mean the off meta players are usually awful anyway so what gives? As Blizzard said, every class has a niché and well. Most off meta classes are too niché and actively inhabited by bad players to even worth giving a glance over. Fury is more than fine for m+ atm, infact its better than arms currently.

Do you hate a hammer when it hits your thumb?

Don’t hate the tool. Hate the tool that’s using the tool.

4 Likes

Warlock is still one of the more popular DPS specs to bring to M+ though.

Get A Guild
Get some Friends
Find a M+ Comunity
Make your own group

Thank me later

11 Likes

There will be always a “meta” cause a casual “farmer John” when he wants to do a key is absolutely clueless about party comp. Maybe more experienced players can make a comp on their own based on what they need(we are range heavy->need 1 mele, we lack a hero/br/whatever->need the appropriate class).
But the casual John will just “google-> best comp for m+?” and obviously people will recommend some form of “meta”.

3 Likes

I only run my own keys, so there’s no difference.

My key, my rules, don’t like finding another key or using your own key.

I don’t know why people cry so much on forums because they do not get invites when they can use their own key.
I feel that all people who cry just want to be boosted.

5 Likes

just create ur grp kekw or u too lazy

If you don’t like pugs, join a guild, my dude. Meta isn’t a problem, it is your insistence on going against the grain and then being like “but the grain doesn’t like me”. Personally, I as a wrong covenant paladin didn’t have a problem getting into dungeons. But the reason for that is that I don’t pug like ever.

1 Like

You are on point mate. The spec might help a bit but you are still **one ** DPS that sign up amongst hundreds of others. And ofc, melee have it even harder. Nothing to do with r.io.

1 Like

i’m so tired of them zzzzz , don’t wanna make a group , prefer waiting 1 hours to get invited than making a grp , when the guy can probably do +16-17 easily instead of just +15 if he grinds his keys .

OP i see you have a +10 other side , don’t tell me u tried to q into +15 other side instantly and did not get invited , because this is maybe the reason xd its not because you play war

In PUGS , nobody will invit you if u have the key timed -2 , tagging in +15 , when you have the key +12-13 , its hard to cheat

Blizzard are implementing this into the game in the next patch, so it isn’t going away any time soon.

You only have one 15 and 4x14s so of course you are not going to get auto-invited to a 15 when you are melee and there are others applying that have done 8x15s already. applying Get the ones that you have only done at 10 or 12 up and it will help. That or disguise yourself as a ranged spec.

Yeah, then they’ll likely be back here complaining about bad players and bad specs.

I don’t really understand the point of this thread though. You’re complaining that you’re struggling to get into +10’s and unable to do a +15.

You did 2 +15’s yesterday, 2 +15’s last week.
A +14 yesterday, 2 +14’s last week.
And other levels scattered around too.

The issue could be that out of your +15’s only 1 is timed (which is fine) and most of them are during Fortified, not Tyrannical. People take their +15’s seriously and these details matter.

These days didn’t exist, you’re just thinking back and exaggerating your “glory days”.

Right, it feels like everyone is KINDA missing the point of this thread and this is me tryin’ to make heads and tails here…

OP is displeased because of somethin’ such as “Meta”. Which is a understandable topic to discuss like grown players, in which we all know that everyone is fed up with it.

The easiest solutions were already given by more sensible players towards the OP:

• Make/Bring friends, create a group with said friends or even better, make or join a casual guild thats willing to take in people who play OFF METAS and METAS alike.

I know it may seem like a “band-aid” type fix, but it’s the best thing a player can do for now.

As for you, no offense to you mate, but that is not true, just because one off-meta player is bad, it doesn’t mean that everyone who plays off metas bad in general, because that type of mentality and wording is literally screaming: “You either play this class + this race or else, leave WoW, never play an MMO ever again! Begon weakling only Min-maxers allowed!” and yes, I may play a DK and all, but I play it not because of how strong they are or how useful they are, I just like the class theme, lore and mogs and casually play it.

In the end sadly, this is a community issue… A dev issue as well, but Titans forbid devs even THINK of changing a classes specs without having players rushing towards their knecks.

I would say that it would be best to take a rest mate, 9.1 is on it’s way, maybe things will change, maybe they won’t, only time will say.

Remember, if you got friends that are willing to play regardless of Meta and Off-Meta, then you already got enough to even beat Castle Nathria or do +15 or more.

1 Like

Yes, if you do it in an environment that cares about the meta. They could delete rio and it would solve nothing when people can watch YouTube videos about meta comps or ask high end pve streamers.

You on the other hand could stop making excuses for yourself and either join a proper guild or a m+ community and all these meta “issues” would disappear.

1 Like

OP is also missing the point My key = my rules. While I am not a “meta-slave” myself I still have free will on what to do with their keys. Some make comps as they go, others invite randomly, there are peps who follow meta ofc and so forth.

Point being. I can invite 4 paladins. I might be the most silliest comp ever which will likely deplete but hey. Its my key and I can invite the hell I want.
Problems arise with certain complaining peps who fail to grasp this concept and think that I need “approvals” and “consents” from some random internet Joe on whom I can invite for my own bloody key. :smiley:

2 Likes